Imperial Census (Spoilers for Kyotei Castle)

By Tonbo Karasu, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

Thank you to the eagle-eyed and efficient Moderator who moved this thread within minutes of my even typing my thoughts.

There's a couple of families that are still only represented by generic characters and quotes from flavour text.

Does anyone think that the Asako Hayate who's being quoted on the Naive Student is the same person that appeared very late in the old lore, or a completely new person?

Karasu, you can add Bayushi Yojiro to your Scorpion section. His card has been spoiled during a match between Brad Andres and the Runewars world champion (I think) during the Worlds.

A question for the audience - should I add the NPCs from the RPG beta test in the census?

Any opinions?

I think the RPG should be left out til officially launched.

There are some updates from today's story as well!

(Ancient history characters, and then a new Imperial Prince)

Edited by Vutall

Updated with Blind Ambition and Stories we Tell.

Shosuro Miyako is also in the story, not just card

14 hours ago, franzvong said:

Shosuro Miyako is also in the story, not just card

In the Garden of Lies , part 2, right?

I have updated the list, changing story to a list of story name abbreviations.

Also added are the people named in Dynasty Pack 2.

On 6/7/2017 at 0:02 AM, Tonbo Karasu said:

Shadowlands

Creatures

• Tsumunagi
  • Gokimono - once human
  • Hyakuhei - animated corpse
  • Bakemono - goblins

Oni

• Kanu's

Have I missed anyone?

Given that you are listing Shadowlands creatures, shouldn't you list "regular" creatures, too? For instance, Nezumi (DHoH), Naga (not named, but implied in TtS1-2), and hibagon, hungry ghosts, and spirits of slaughters (mentioned in TtS1).

Also, as a suggestion, put a key to all the shortened titles of stories; right now, they are more or less obvious, but sooner or later they will be harder to match. Then, a link to the story would be handy.

Then again, carded characters could have a link to their card(s) in the official database.

In any case, great work with this thread! It's very useful and I keep coming back to it. Soon it will be a veritable encyclopedia!

Edited by Mon no Oni
On 6/7/2017 at 0:02 AM, Tonbo Karasu said:

Asahina Family

• Asahina Ichikawa (?) - new character - flavour text

I wonder if this Ichikawa is supposed to be the playwright writting the lines of the kabuki play, the character (historical or fictional) speaking the lines, or the actor playing the role.

I've put in the key, as Mon suggested.

Updated for Service and Sacrifice.

2 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Updated for Service and Sacrifice.

No Hatsuko?

I've thought about Hatsuko. She's currently only an Easter Egg, rather than a major participant. I have decided to deal only with Samurai, unless they are notable. So, no, not at this time.

Also, update for A Difference of Lanterns .

I have added the new Ikoma mentioned in flavour text.

Also, a link to a spreadsheet of Family trees I did. I hadn't realised quite how many Lion-Phoenix connections there were before I did that.

On 11/17/2017 at 0:41 PM, Tonbo Karasu said:

I have added the new Ikoma mentioned in flavour text.

Also, a link to a spreadsheet of Family trees I did. I hadn't realised quite how many Lion-Phoenix connections there were before I did that.

And that's without taking into account the non-familial connections like the fact that Tsukune trained with the Lion (in the old Lore, at least- uncertain if that has carried over into the new continuity)

31 minutes ago, Shiba Gunichi said:

And that's without taking into account the non-familial connections like the fact that Tsukune trained with the Lion (in the old Lore, at least- uncertain if that has carried over into the new continuity)

In the fiction for the Toturi x Kaede wedding, Toturi recognizes Tsukune from the Akodo Commander School, so I would say yes. Come to think of it, I think the initial Phoenix fiction also refences Tsukune having trained with the Lion clan.

8 hours ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

In the fiction for the Toturi x Kaede wedding, Toturi recognizes Tsukune from the Akodo Commander School, so I would say yes. Come to think of it, I think the initial Phoenix fiction also refences Tsukune having trained with the Lion clan.

I believe that Tsukune thinks that to herself while negotiating the manners surrounding the funeral.

Just a couple of new side characters in this fiction, but also information that Shinjo Shono (the youngest) is the nominated heir.

And updated again.

I've added the people and references from today's stories in.

Do people think that I still need to list all of the relevant stories, or is saying they are in stories enough?

My thread covers where they appear in fiction. I find the Census most helpful in terms of how the characters are related to one another.

I like having the story references myself. I'd keep them

On 29/11/2017 at 9:46 PM, Tonbo Karasu said:

I've added the people and references from today's stories in.

Do people think that I still need to list all of the relevant stories, or is saying they are in stories enough?

I think for this thread first appeareance, card existence and, if applicable, death fiction are enough.

I think you can add Hatsuko now, seeing that she’s mentioned in the last Scorpion fiction as “Kachiko’s favorite geisha spy”. So she’s has appeared in two fictions now.