Imperial Census (Spoilers for Kyotei Castle)

By Tonbo Karasu, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

I have added a whole selection of new minor characters from the Beginners' Box - The Topaz Championship. I'll need to have time to read and also add whoever might be in The Palace of the Emerald Champion.

When do people think this takes place, compared to the storyline. I think it must be about the same time as the Core box.

4 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

I have added a whole selection of new minor characters from the Beginners' Box - The Topaz Championship. I'll need to have time to read and also add whoever might be in The Palace of the Emerald Champion.

When do people think this takes place, compared to the storyline. I think it must be about the same time as the Core box.

It takes place after Blind Ambition. The Palace of the Emerald Champion refers directly to preparing for the Emerald Championship tournament and occurs immediately after the Topaz Championship ends.

Can I ask people's opinions? Do you think that people who change clan (like Kaede) should be listed under their old clan, their new clan or both?

5 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Can I ask people's opinions? Do you think that people who change clan (like Kaede) should be listed under their old clan, their new clan or both?

Their new Clan, just make mention that they've changed name (Akodo Kaede, née Isawa).

Additional non-human character - Airi The Tengu, (From In The Palace Of The Emerald Champion )

15 hours ago, Mangod said:

Their new Clan, just make mention that they've changed name (Akodo Kaede, née Isawa).

This. As far as Rokugan cares, Kaede's a Lion now.

In the old lore, Toturi may have been the Lion Thunder, but he never wore the Akodo name again after being made ronin.

8 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Additional non-human character - Airi The Tengu, (From In The Palace Of The Emerald Champion )

Yep. I need to add the new characters from that module when I have a chance. They're all on the spreadsheet, though.

I have come to the conclusion that Kagi is not Kaagi

8 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Yep. I need to add the new characters from that module when I have a chance. They're all on the spreadsheet, though.

I have come to the conclusion that Kagi is not Kaagi

Kāgi is just a different romanization of Kaagi (for what that's worth). And the Matsu background is just too coincidental not to be intentional. He might be thoroughly re-imagined but I think he is supposed to be the same character.

19 hours ago, Suzume Chikahisa said:

Kāgi is just a different romanization of Kaagi (for what that's worth). And the Matsu background is just too coincidental not to be intentional. He might be thoroughly re-imagined but I think he is supposed to be the same character.

So, stick to heavily modified, then?

3 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

So, stick to heavily modified, then?

I'd say so, yes. I'd put him on par with Hotaru or Hitomi as far as modifications to their background goes.

Updated with the inhabitants of the Palace of the Emerald Champion.

I have noticed pre-generated characters made for "Wedding at Kyotei Castle", a L5R RPG session at Gencon this year. Kaito Natsuyuki (f) and Utaku Azami (f) are two of these characters.

5 hours ago, Oni no Pikachu said:

I have noticed pre-generated characters made for "Wedding at Kyotei Castle", a L5R RPG session at Gencon this year. Kaito Natsuyuki (f) and Utaku Azami (f) are two of these characters.

I think that module's going to be released at some point in the near future.

@Tonbo Karasu not to be nit-picky, but I'd suggest listing Shinjo Yasamura as a "modified character." He not only has a different father (Altansari rather than the infamous Yokatsu), but is also noted as the 1st son, whereas previously he was the younger son, which was why he joined the Crab Clan upon marriage.

The story of his betrothal to Hida O-Ushi is just one of my favorites.

6 minutes ago, Hida Jitenno said:

@Tonbo Karasu not to be nit-picky, but I'd suggest listing Shinjo Yasamura as a "modified character." He not only has a different father (Altansari rather than the infamous Yokatsu), but is also noted as the 1st son, whereas previously he was the younger son, which was why he joined the Crab Clan upon marriage.

The story of his betrothal to Hida O-Ushi is just one of my favorites.

That's fair. Although I'll point out that his father (and that of his two siblings) is Iuchi Daiyu. Altansarnai is his mother .

8 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

That's fair. Although I'll point out that his father (and that of his two siblings) is Iuchi Daiyu. Altansarnai is his mother .

I haven't kept up with the TCG storyline much at all, apparently! Thanks for the correction.

1 hour ago, Hida Jitenno said:

I haven't kept up with the TCG storyline much at all, apparently! Thanks for the correction.

In that case, to expand on that. The Champion of the Unicorn is unmarried, but made an arrangement with the Daimyo of the Iuchi to father her children, because marrying him would be politically awkward. In the meantime, Daiyu had a daughter (Shahai) with a different woman, but we don't know whether they are married or not.

6 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

In that case, to expand on that. The Champion of the Unicorn is unmarried, but made an arrangement with the Daimyo of the Iuchi to father her children, because marrying him would be politically awkward. In the meantime, Daiyu had a daughter (Shahai) with a different woman, but we don't know whether they are married or not.

Ahh, little Miss Bloodspeaker! And how's her Grandfather doing?

I see you do have her listed as modified, but I think I skimmed over that before. Now I've gotta figure out where Kyoden is...

19 minutes ago, Hida Jitenno said:

Ahh, little Miss Bloodspeaker! And how's her Grandfather doing?

I see you do have her listed as modified, but I think I skimmed over that before. Now I've gotta figure out where Kyoden is...

Hantei Daisetsu was flirting with her just recently :D

Kitsuki Kāgi has not been yet added to the Dragon list.

Isawa Aki should have the RPG:P tag since she is a pre-gen character, not a character referenced in TTC.

Also no Fu Leng in the list yet?

Edited by ElSuave
5 hours ago, Oni no Pikachu said:

Kitsuki Kāgi has not been yet added to the Dragon list.

I think you'll find he was. Listed as Kitsuki (Matsu) Kagi.

17 minutes ago, ElSuave said:

Isawa Aki should have the RPG:P tag since she is a pre-gen character, not a character referenced in TTC.

Also no Fu Leng in the list yet?

Thank you for the note on Aki, I must have missed that when doing the rest.

Has Fu Leng actually been mentioned anywhere at all, yet?

11 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Has Fu Leng actually been mentioned anywhere at all, yet?

Edit: Sorry I completely botched the original citation. It's located in the Sequel Adventure: Palace of the Emerald Champion in Act 1 on page 16.

dxmP0UJ.jpg

Edited by ElSuave

You can add a placeholder for the Badger clan if the map from the Begginer set is anything to go by. There is a castle of the Badger there.

Fu Leng already was mentioned in the L5R:TCG Learn to Play Rulebook, as well as in the FFG Web news Dark Hands of Heaven . Nevertheless, the first mention was in the front page for L5R:TCG, Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game . The quote from Sequel Adventure: Palace of the Emerald Champion is just the first time he has appeared in a RPG related story.

Edited by Oni no Pikachu