Imperial Census (Spoilers for Kyotei Castle)

By Tonbo Karasu, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

5 minutes ago, shosuko said:

For you maybe... But I want to hold true to the ideal that her name is foreign to Rokugan. I'm thinking Shinjo Equvehomortem

Well you've certainly succeeded that name is certainly foreign.....to the entirety of humanity .??

4 minutes ago, Kuni Katsuyoshi said:

Well you've certainly succeeded that name is certainly foreign.....to the entirety of humanity .??

Or we could go to something that is much harder to pronounce, so that we "feel" the foreign-ness of the name, not just in Rokugan but in our language as well.

Shinjo Любитель лошадей

2 minutes ago, shosuko said:

Or we could go to something that is much harder to pronounce, so that we "feel" the foreign-ness of the name, not just in Rokugan but in our language as well.

Shinjo Любитель лошадей

Ok I'll bite. What language is that?

6 minutes ago, shosuko said:

Shinjo Любитель лошадей

If you go to russian to say Horse Lover, you may as well stick to Golden Rose in mongolian cyrilic: Алтансарнай :P

"Unicorn" is also foreign word to japanese. So: Yunikōn

Shinjo Alternative-serenade?

37 minutes ago, Wintersong said:

If you go to russian to say Horse Lover, you may as well stick to Golden Rose in mongolian cyrilic: Алтансарнай :P

"Unicorn" is also foreign word to japanese. So: Yunikōn

Shinjo Younotcorny-ue

I've updated this for the Scorpion and Smokeless Fire result.

Since you've updated your list with the Kiku Matsuri results' story, you could also add Ikoma Ujiaki, Lion Clan Ambassador (story - existing character - m).

Edited by KerenRhys
1 minute ago, KerenRhys said:

Since you've updated your list with the Kiku Matsuri results' story, you could also add Ikoma Ujiaki, Lion Clan Ambassador.

:embarrassed: I thought I read that as Ikoma Eiji, who's already in.

Census updated for new fiction.

1 hour ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Census updated for new fiction.

Is Kitsuki Shomon an existing character? From where? At the very least, she didn't have a card in the CCG.

3 minutes ago, Yogo Gohei said:

Is Kitsuki Shomon an existing character? From where? At the very least, she didn't have a card in the CCG.

Actually, I'm mistaken. She's a modified character. In the City of Lies box set (last century!), there was a Kitsuki who ran a dojo for all-comers, including peasants. But back in the box, she was called Kitsuki Jotomon.

Kitsuki Jotomon taught a technique at his dojo called Jotomon's Shinrai which made you pretty good at throwing a wakizashi.

5 hours ago, kpsmith said:

Kitsuki Jotomon taught a technique at his dojo called Jotomon's Shinrai which made you pretty good at throwing a wakizashi.

Minor correction: her dojo. This character was female to began with and hasn't been genderflipped.

Updated for To The South, including adding a Minor Clans category.

This is great! I hope the RPG has stuff like this in its appendixes officially.

You can add Yoritomo to the Mantis. In my Sixth Ring interview, I was able to (officially, even, with FFG's blessing) confirm that the Mantis exist, and that Yoritomo is their lord.

Wow! That is some news!

However, I am even more amazedthat it has not been relayed yet and still has no topic of its own.

4 hours ago, Mirumoto Kuroniten said:

Wow! That is some news!

However, I am even more amazedthat it has not been relayed yet and still has no topic of its own.

Not sure what more there is to say. They're mentioned in the beta as being the most prominent of the Minor Clans and that's really it.

Maybe there's more in the beta and I haven't gotten to it yet... but I'm not sure what's left to expound upon.

So, something I noticed in the RPG beta is that t contains all of the Great Clan families. And, alas, the Horiuchi do not exist at this point.

A couple of named characters get given a card in the Imperial Cycle announcement.

List updated with new Crab samurai.

The Hiruma seem to be a female-dominated family.

3 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

List updated with new Crab samurai.

The Hiruma seem to be a female-dominated family.

Pure sexism!! Just because the Hiruma aren't brash or bullish, and they like to be swift and observant they gotta be women! Always silent and watching, never saying or doing... Hisa Kisada shoulda been the R63 for this story!

Updated with the Worlds story and spoiled cards.

Updated, including Shadowlands creatures.