Jailbird and the Desperadoes OOC

By Richardbuxton, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

So where do we want to go first? After one of the sentinels or look around for a bounty hunter type ship?

My vote goes to bounty hunter ship or smuggler ship. Preferably something with decent cargo space.

I don't really mind, but I do like the idea of giving the Rebellion an imperial ship with current codes that they could potentially utilise.

I'm up for whatever type of ship. As i previously indicated, the type makes no difference to me. Though ICly, Jaycen would probably prefer an Imperial, if only for the data stealing reasons. But again, whatever works just fine.

My vote would be to go after one of the Imperial ships, also Caess likes the idea of taking an Imperial ship since it allows for various missions not otherwise possible.

Indeed, each choice will effect what you're next series of choices are.

So are we actually moving to the new scene location? I only ask because at this point I'm the only one who has posted about moving towards the starport to actually see what our options are for procuring elicit transportation off-planet

That's what I thought was going to happen, but if we're posting before we move the scene then I have time today.

I was kind of holding off to see what everyone wanted to actually do. Happy to post it IC.

Well I think we're all on board for stealing a ship, but I think it would be prudent to see what's actually at our starship buffet, and how tough the shipjacking attempt would be, before we decide on what we're stealing.

While stealing the starship equivalent of a Porsche is ideal, I'm reminded of The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, and the unfortunate results of them stealing the coolest, most awesome looking ship in the parking lot. :)

(For any who haven't read it, they ended up in a ship that was programmed to self destruct by flying into the nearest star. Forcing the would be shipjackers to have to desperately find a way off the ship before they all died. Jaycen would happily pick the "mini-van" equivalent if it means a safe escape, over having to fight Vader and his cohorts to get a lambda shuttle. :D

I like the minivan, but Kaz is far more of a risk taker and he would go for the aggressive approach and deceptive approach.

Jaycen's all for deceptive approaches too, he's just more of the "get out alive" persuasion, than "die in the coolest looking car" persuasion. :D

But again, it depends on the risk involved. If it's doable, then sure, let's jack an Imp ship and flip them the bird as we peel back sky. You don't get a job as an Imperial infiltrator without being willing to take some risks.

Agreed, we should look at our options and see which is tactically the most prudent choice. That's exactly how Tychus would approach it. I've just veen waiting for someone else to post or the scene to move forward beforeI make another post.

Question GM. Would you say Jaycen would be able to wear his Imperial Uniform (essentially the Disguise Kit but a very specific one) under his heavy clothing? Or would you require him to take some time to change?

What's the heavy clothing?

Just your typical "street clothes" in the star wars universe. Random earth tone fabrics, with a scarf like thingy draped around the shoulders that he can pull up to cover his face if he needs to hide or due to weather.

Well I mean he'd have to take that off to pass as an on duty in uniform imperial. He I mean if he wrote it underneath, it wouldn't take much time to change. What are you thinking of doing so I can answer more specifically?

Well if we're going to steal an Imp ship, he's likely going to try and play a con on any troops that might be guarding the target ship, either to remove them entirely, or simply give us the element of surprise. It's fine either way, I don't mind having to take some time to change, I really just wanted to know as it would inform my narrative description in the post. Mostly I'm asking so i can know if i need to type "Jaycen tosses off his outer clothes, revealing an Imperial Officer uniform underneath" or "Jaycen steps into one of the burned out buildings, when he emerges, the street clothes are gone, and an Imperial Officer's uniform is in it's place." That kind of thing.

Either is fine

So I had an idea to try and divert/redirect some of the enemy units away with a deception check, basically sort of like what 3PO did on the Death Star. Essentially "The badguys you want went that way!" and point in a direction. Ideally to remove all of them, or at least get a few to peel off. Oh and I plan on using my Imperial Uniform to help sell the lie.

Any other suggestions on how to initiate the scene? Quicker we get on a ship, the better.

Edited by KungFuFerret

The way I see it we have a few options:

1. Going in shooting; could backfire terribly or get us there the fastest.

2. Do what KungFuFerret suggested and have someone try to get them out of position.

3. Try to sneak on board.

4. Create a distraction someone else, such as explosions in another part of the spaceport to draw them away.

I'm up for 2,3 and 4. Jaycen is generally against shootouts, given his personality

I'm up for any of them, so if someone has a OOC (or IC they haven't posted yet) preference speak now or...

I was just about to say "Well it's been 3 days and nobody has posted ICly, or suggested another option." So I'll go ahead with the attempted distraction move. So Jaycen is going to put on his Imperial Uniform and go to the 6 troopers guarding the Sentinel, and basically try and bluff them. If anyone would care to assist on the deception check, I had an idea of using them as a "prisoner" I'd caught, while redirecting the others with a "his friends are that way! Go get them!" kind of line.

And while I wait for any takers, GM, what would my difficulty be for the check? And what bonus would my Imperial Uniform give me? Just to reiterate, I bought it to essentially be a "disguise kit", but it's basically just a disguise with one use, being me trying to look like an Imperial Officer.

Kaz is a rather deceiving individual himself so he would be well equipped to pretend to be a prisoner... gets him nice and close too. So I'll assist, Cunning of 4, Deception 1, if neither are enough for skilled assistance then I provide a boost