Jailbird and the Desperadoes OOC

By Richardbuxton, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

So to set the scene, there is a few options you all have for stealing a ship, they have prisoner transports, supply ships, both of which are in the barracks/prison part of town. You have various bounty hunter and smuggler ships which are docked at various pads pn the outskirts of where you are now. You could wait for the imperial forces to land or you could see if the scrapper has a hoopty junker you could buy

Also did anyone ever roll for how much you got from the scrap?

I don't think so, the person who said they would hasn't posted in a while.

Well I'll give it another day then.doors someone else wanna roll that?

Just to point out another option, we can also pay for transport off planet as well. Jaycen has like 7k credits, because I just really didn't find anything worth buying for him.

I know we want a ship of our own, and I'm totally down with shipjacking as a concept, just pointing out the other option, of pulling a Luke and Ben, and buying passage to avoid...Imperial entanglements.

Oh! @TheShard I've forgotten to do anything with that astromech I got with the extra credits. Plus I'm not sure how you want to handle that, since it's my characters droid, but it's still an NPC.

Well unless it's structured time, chase, combat etc. Just narrate it. I'll chime in when you need to make a check to direct it.

Do you want me to roll that negotiation check now? I was thinking Caess since he has the best presence, but if someone has ranks in negotiation they can try it, if they want to.

1 hour ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Do you want me to roll that negotiation check now? I was thinking Caess since he has the best presence, but if someone has ranks in negotiation they can try it, if they want to.

What specifically are you trying to accomplish with the roll?

It was for this back on the first page, Unicornpuncher said they would do it but they seem to have come across trouble posting for an indeterminate amount of time.

On 5/17/2017 at 9:37 AM, TheShard said:

So nice follow through with the dead ship!! So yes you will collectively have a bit of cred after fees and hush money, you can keep it and steal a ship, try to get a cheap ticket off world, or...?

Anyone wanna make a negotiation roll for how that turned out? 4diff one upgraded and a setback as it was almost more hazard removal then scrap. So 3purple 1red 1setback, you could also roll a deception check first to see if you could cancel the setback or get a bonus on that negotiation roll.

If you like, I can try a Deception check to cancel the setback or whatever, that he mentioned, though I'm not sure what or whom I'm deceiving and why? If someone could clarify that bit for me it would be greatly appreciated.

It would have been when you scrapped the ship. Its a past tense roll. If that makes sense.

8 minutes ago, TheShard said:

It would have been when you scrapped the ship. Its a past tense roll. If that makes sense.

Ok I'll give it a try, what is my difficulty pool?

I'm going to make it one roll, I'm revising difficulty 2 purples one red, I'll scratch the setback.

You receive 4,000 for the success but charges you extra for keeping quiet, so you come out ahead 3,000cr

Edited by TheShard

I'll let the team leader have the credits. The last thing Jaycen wants is more money he has nothing to do with. :D

So do we want to steal an Imperial ship? I like the idea personally. Sentinel would probably work better long term, but we'll have to see what they brought.

If that's the case do we want to move ahead to getting close to the Imperial landing area?

I'm game for stealing whatever kind of ship. Personally I have no vested interest in ships, or specific types, so ones as good as another to me as long as it functions properly. I'm more interested in the stealing attempt itself. :) And yeah, I'm 100% down for moving towards the actual scene of getting our ship and getting out of here.

Though, just to point out, between selling the ship, and Jaycen's credits, we have 10k credits to throw around. So, if we need to bribe someone, or straight up pay for passage, I think we've got the creds to do it. Jaycen is perfectly fine with tossing creds to get away from the Imps if need be. Again, I'm totally down for stealing a ship too, just reminding people of the other option as well.

Edited by KungFuFerret

Found our lambda, it's a little over 1 meter high and made of lego... should be fine!

IMG_1058.JPG

20 hours ago, KungFuFerret said:

Though, just to point out, between selling the ship, and Jaycen's credits, we have 10k credits to throw around.

Tychus has another 2-3k that he isn't using right now. We've definitely got options, though I do lean more towards thinking we need to get our own ship, whether that is a stolen Imperial one or stealing a smuggler's ship for our own.

2 minutes ago, DJCrazee said:

Tychus has another 2-3k that he isn't using right now. We've definitely got options, though I do lean more towards thinking we need to get our own ship, whether that is a stolen Imperial one or stealing a smuggler's ship for our own.

Indeed, OOCly, I am totally down with stealing a ship, just wanted to remind people who might not be aware how much cash we had, that other options were available. I'm all for options when it comes to dealing with things.

Kaz: "If you can steal it and save your money then that's a good day's work!"

I may or may not just be itching for an excuse to have Tychus shoot something with that cannon of his ?

2 hours ago, DJCrazee said:

I may or may not just be itching for an excuse to have Tychus shoot something with that cannon of his ?

We've noticed :P