Fanmade cards while we speculate

By Wintersong, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

On 5/20/2017 at 1:19 PM, Wintersong said:

A2LYxi4.png

I added some holding and attachment templates to the album folder . No event templates yet, sorry.

Mantis economy OP!! We must prevent them from arising.

Burninating the countryside...

8qUfrzJ.jpg

Not really a new card, just fixing one of the revealed ones:

MqxGKR9XGRRHQ4MOK2mth7Ss4H3H2O7jUm3i0KQb

^_^

Edited by AtoMaki
12 hours ago, AtoMaki said:

Not really a new card, just fixing one of the revealed ones:

ZjIaU72jZ61wK13lYStLJHkYcN3S4eCtGep44dp1

^_^

Not seeing an image, here. There's just a big minus sign in a circle.

11 minutes ago, Togashi Gao Shan said:

Not seeing an image, here. There's just a big minus sign in a circle.

It was the Lion's Pride Brawler with a changed quote, saying "B-Baka!". Reminds me of certain manga/anime scene .

So, I'm working on a 'good' nonhumans faction for casual play. The idea is that in this version of Rokugan, there is a new 'Alliance of Five Races' called Keiyaku, which basically means "Covenant" (or 'bond', 'pact', etc). The Naga are mostly the leaders, though in theory other races' chosen representative has equal say in their council. The others are the Nezumi ('ratlings', replacing the Zokujin of the original alliance), Kenku (humanoid crow / raven beings), free Ogres (replacing Trolls from the original Alliance), and Hengoyokai (spirit animal shapes-shifters unable or unwilling to return to their realm of origin, replacing Kitsu from the original Alliance).

I'm terrible at making decent card templates, but the stronghold would be something like this:

The Covenant of Five

Fate: 7 Influence: 9 Honor: 8

Your Keiyaku characters are aligned with your faction (whether they are in your provinces, hand, or discard pile).
You may not destroy provinces with political conflicts.
*Action: Your Keiyaku character gains a bonus to either their military or political skill equal to the number the number of different keywords you have in play from this list - Naga, Nezumi, Kenku, Ogre, Hengoyokai.

Mons for the Keiyaku 'clans' (Naga, Nezumi, Kenku, Orgre, and Hengoyokai) :

JsT7Obx.png 7zOPCCV.jpg oocTmN8.png uKfCmnY.png RBY9pgE.png

The Champion of the Covenant:

(I made an error: In his second ability, the third line should be start with" lower military skill than this character,")

cShy7jw.jpg

Edited by Togashi Gao Shan
made a foolish omission on the card

Shouldn't Qamar be the Champion of the Naga?

43 minutes ago, Tetsuro said:

Shouldn't Qamar be the Champion of the Naga?

Yeah. I haven't yet decided if I'm using Qamar or not. Never been a fan of his art. I suppose I could have just used that Shahadet art for Qamar.

1 hour ago, Togashi Gao Shan said:

Yeah. I haven't yet decided if I'm using Qamar or not. Never been a fan of his art. I suppose I could have just used that Shahadet art for Qamar.

How can you hate the "I Want You To Join The Naga" Qamar? :D

Besides, isn't it a title, not a name? If you're the leader of the Naga, you're the Qamar, as I have always understood it.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:53 AM, Tetsuro said:

How can you hate the "I Want You To Join The Naga" Qamar? :D

Besides, isn't it a title, not a name? If you're the leader of the Naga, you're the Qamar, as I have always understood it.

Captain Akasha: Civil War

Anyway, yeah, they're titles...kinda. The naga have (had) a mix of reincarnation and shared group-soul thing going on.

Can someone do me a card based on a bad pun?

Oni no Duthat - a neutral character with an event prevention ability.

(as an aside, this is a Scottish pun. "Gonnae no do that" being a phrase that was used (at least in Edinburgh) for any sort of counter ability in CCGs - MtG's counterspell being particularly liked)

22 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Can someone do me a card based on a bad pun?

Oni no Duthat - a neutral character with an event prevention ability.

(as an aside, this is a Scottish pun. "Gonnae no do that" being a phrase that was used (at least in Edinburgh) for any sort of counter ability in CCGs - MtG's counterspell being particularly liked)

Here ya go.

TeSXtt0.jpg

Anyway, here's wonderwall a nezumi:

6kl9ThY.jpg

In honor of the latest fiction, our underappreciated minions who get in our way - Ashigaru Spearman!

Ashigaru Spearman - Neutral Conflict Card
Fate: 0

Military: 0

Diplomacy: -

Glory: 0

This card may not be bowed.
Action: When Ashigaru Spearman is participating in a conflict, bow a character you control and a character your opponent controls that is also participating in the conflict.

Edited by Shu2jack

Made a proxy for Ornate Fan to play with....

35753647032_6c85f74bf7_o.jpg

29 minutes ago, Coyote Walks said:

35753647032_6c85f74bf7_o.jpg

It beauteous.....except someone put a Mantis mon on it :P

*Let Go*

There! All better :)

1 hour ago, Coyote Walks said:

You. Are. Amazing. TY kindly.

Some semi-crappy proxies for Entrenched Position and Ancestral Lands that I threw together. Better than nothing until we get decent images of the actual cards:

tydyc6P.png

vSTc5Um.png

The new Event cards used during the dev game (again, I just made these as temporary place-holders, though I do like how Rout turned out).

skTwVDM.png

GsFEpRB.png

glX8ZB1.png

7IpjAzs.png

This could come in handy:

TxZbB3k.png

1 hour ago, Togashi Gao Shan said:

The new Event cards used during the dev game (again, I just made these as temporary place-holders, though I do like how Rout turned out).

skTwVDM.png

GsFEpRB.png

glX8ZB1.png

I just KNEW i'd see the 'Kisada pimp-slaps the Matsu' art again :lol:

Well done on these

11 minutes ago, Kuni Katsuyoshi said:

I just KNEW i'd see the 'Kisada pimp-slaps the Matsu' art again :lol:

Well done on these

I wonder if FFG will ever actually use that art. A lot of people love it, but without a lot of context it can look...iffy to some people (especially when people call it a 'pimp slap', heh).

2 hours ago, Togashi Gao Shan said:

I wonder if FFG will ever actually use that art. A lot of people love it, but without a lot of context it can look...iffy to some people (especially when people call it a 'pimp slap', heh).

:P

The irony to me to me is, If he was bashing her with a tetsubo no one would say boo about it.

The funny to me is, IN context it pretty much WAS a pimp-slap :lol:

(AUTHORS NOTE; While I don't advocate pimps slapping people (espescially women)

I DO, however, advocate slapping pimps at every opportunity.)

Edited by Kuni Katsuyoshi