Fanmade cards while we speculate

By Wintersong, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

2 hours ago, Wintersong said:

New L5R does have a beautiful design and a nightmareish number of transparencies. :wacko: I was not sure about uniqueness of attachments so... 3 Pabus are better than 1? Triple the fun?

4iZQ5de.png

If you need any kind of modification, let me know. :)

Thanks. :)

I find the name curious because the "desu" part. Not that I have any real knowledge of japanese. :wacko:

Good work on it! I was thinking about what Pabu actually did in the show and I couldn't really think of anything aside from looking kawaii and getting passed around. The more I think about it, the more the poor guy is passed around or left behind. Perhaps that should simply his style?

Cost 1

Military/Political skill: +0/+0

Traits: Companion

Text: Action: Choose a character or holding - attach Pabu to that character or holding.

3 hours ago, Wintersong said:

I find the name curious because the "desu" part. Not that I have any real knowledge of japanese. :wacko:

Yeah found that odd to, but I (think I) have figured it out: It translated bitter as in "this isbitter" probably "bitter" as in the taste. D'oh!

But I think I have the correct word now: urameshii wich should mean Bitter/Hatefull/reproachfull.

So could you please change his name to U rameshii Dokueki ?

Double post.

Edited by Robin Graves
27 minutes ago, Kubernes said:

Good work on it! I was thinking about what Pabu actually did in the show and I couldn't really think of anything aside from looking kawaii and getting passed around. The more I think about it, the more the poor guy is passed around or left behind. Perhaps that should simply his style?

Looking Kawaii is a fundamental part of anime companions. :lol:

rg3rKrW.png

5 minutes ago, Robin Graves said:

Yeah found that odd to, but I (think I) have figured it out: It translated bitter as in "this isbitter" probably "bitter" as in the taste. D'oh!

But I think I have the correct word now: urameshii wich should mean Bitter/Hatefull/reproachfull.

So could you please change his name to U rameshii Dokueki ?

Sure. :)

zsvF1JS.png

Spider background: here .

9EZIT4q.gif

Thanks! You're the best.

Wel, I'm goin back to thinking up more New-Spider cards. (Maybe have most charcters come into play dishonored.)

A character from an rpg campaign many years ago:

r3EhdiZ.jpg

* Samurai Jack
Fate: 3
Warfare: 4
Politics: --
Bushi. Duelist.
Action: During a Military Conflict, remove one Fate to kick ***.

Edited by AllWingsStandyingBy

I cant go another week without crazy new cards, so time to start spitballing hodge podged templates and entirely random ideas. I'm sure there's loop holes and imbalances, I just like brainstorming themes and design space. Have not yet templated other strength bonuses yet, should probably be higher.

Taoist_Monastery.jpg.ab2d44e16eb91012cb2daf643f3737a3.jpg Beware the length of time they remain hidden, for should they find cause to strike out, you will feel the weight of that time.

Other considerations I had for this defensively; Strength bonus equal to the fate on it. Monks do not bow when defending at this province. Bow monks to add fate.

Xealous

If and when a pure Monk deck would be playable, a holding similar to what you are suggesting would be most welcomed. However, since we don't have any of the Core releases out yet, it's difficult to judge any of your suggestions against the officially released cards. Just some thoughts.

7 hours ago, LordBlunt said:

However, since we don't have any of the Core releases out yet, it's difficult to judge any of your suggestions against the officially released cards. Just some thoughts.

Agreed, just some far flung brainstorming for the future. I only hope it feels correctly thematic and Dragony.

On 5/11/2017 at 5:50 AM, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

* Samurai Jack
Fate: 3
Warfare: 4
Politics: --
Bushi. Duelist.
Action: During a Military Conflict, remove one Fate to kick ***.

I just saw this. LOL!!!!! ?

Another random card, I really only wanted to see some of the old art styles (This ones Stephanie Pui-Mun Law) matched up with the new template. Maybe not everyone's taste but I love the more artistic styles for events and spells.

CRANE_Wisdom.jpg

14 hours ago, Xealous said:

Another random card, I really only wanted to see some of the old art styles (This ones Stephanie Pui-Mun Law) matched up with the new template. Maybe not everyone's taste but I love the more artistic styles for events and spells.

I always loved her art style. Absolutely gorgeous, whatever she does.

Not wishing to hijack this thread but now that Mantis is mentioned in the Rokugan storyline, anyone care to post your rendition of possible Mantis cards?

A2LYxi4.png

nyehh2S.png

BTVi0v9.png

I added some holding and attachment templates to the album folder . No event templates yet, sorry.

On Tuesday, May 09, 2017 at 6:42 PM, Kubernes said:

Cost 1

Military/Political skill: +0/+0

Traits: Companion

Text: Action: Choose a character or holding - attach Pabu to that character or holding.

In Old5R a card like this often would have been enough to keep your character alive longer. ;)

11 hours ago, Wintersong said:

nyehh2S.png

I really, really like this guy. If I understand the play mechanics correctly, this guy, barring some event/action to remove fate, will continually stay in the game and never be 'dismissed.'

Not much substance to my post, but I had to share my feelings with this card.

4 hours ago, LordBlunt said:

I really, really like this guy. If I understand the play mechanics correctly, this guy, barring some event/action to remove fate, will continually stay in the game and never be 'dismissed.'

Well, if you have no Fate left in your pool, you can't add one to tis character. Otherwise, yeah.

On 5/17/2017 at 10:34 AM, twinstarbmc said:

I always loved her art style. Absolutely gorgeous, whatever she does.

Just gotta say she is also one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. I always try to find time to see her at DragonCon.

15 hours ago, LordBlunt said:

Dangerous, though. it doesn't say you "may" do it. He will continue to get paid even if it not convenient for you and 1 fate more in your pool may be the difference between victory or defeat!

56 minutes ago, Mon no Oni said:

Dangerous, though. it doesn't say you "may" do it. He will continue to get paid even if it not convenient for you and 1 fate more in your pool may be the difference between victory or defeat!

Acrually, the way the game is structured, I'm pretty sure you choose whether or not to activate reactions. Compare to Steadfast Samurai's "Forced Reaction" from the announcement article.

Edited by Zalari
2 hours ago, Mon no Oni said:

Yeah, it would be a forced type of reaction costing you a single Fate each turn.

I misread it the first time and believed that the Fate would come from the general pool and not from my pool.

30 minutes ago, LordBlunt said:

I misread it the first time and believed that the Fate would come from the general pool and not from my pool.

She is a mercenary. Of course you must pay from your pool. ;)

*Donald Trump

Cost: 5 - Character

M: 2 / P: 4 / Glory: 0

Courtier. Merchant. Gaijin.

When Donald Trump enters play, lose X honor. X equals twice the number of fate tokens on him.

Interrupt: When you would lose an Earth or Air conflict as the attacker, if Donald Trump is participating, dishonor him - You win the conflict instead. Ignore the ring's claim effect.

*Willow Hayes

Cost: 2 - Character

M: 1 / P: 2 / Glory: 1

Bushy. Gaijin.

Interrupt: When one of your other characters would be dishonored, remove one fate token from that character - Dishonor Willow Hayes instead.

Edited by Ide Yoshiya