Fanmade cards while we speculate

By Wintersong, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

32 minutes ago, Kuni Katsuyoshi said:

:P

The irony to me to me is, If he was bashing her with a tetsubo no one would say boo about it.

The funny to me is, IN context it pretty much WAS a pimp-slap :lol:

(AUTHORS NOTE; While I don't advocate pimps slapping people (espescially women)

I DO, however, advocate slapping pimps at every opportunity.)

Yeah, and then she ended up becoming his buddy. That can read a bit iffy. -shrug-

I know it was nice for a lot of old-school Crab players to have Kisada come back. However, to me that whole storyline prize ("the broken Oblivion's Gate will let one more spirit come back to the land of the living. Get your favorite character back!") was ridiculous. It felt like a cheesy, poorly-written comic book storyline.

54 minutes ago, Togashi Gao Shan said:

Yeah, and then she ended up becoming his buddy. That can read a bit iffy. -shrug-

I know it was nice for a lot of old-school Crab players to have Kisada come back. However, to me that whole storyline prize ("the broken Oblivion's Gate will let one more spirit come back to the land of the living. Get your favorite character back!") was ridiculous. It felt like a cheesy, poorly-written comic book storyline.

Oh, it was I agree.

But, without it we would'nt have had Death at Koten so...*shrug*

gotta take the bad with good. :)

Could one of you extremely talented people make an alternate art card for "Eager Scout" with a Nezumi on it please? (In honor of their "appearance" in the Crab Clan fiction)

3 hours ago, HirumaShigure said:

Could one of you extremely talented people make an alternate art card for "Eager Scout" with a Nezumi on it please? (In honor of their "appearance" in the Crab Clan fiction)

35948410245_df1fea91e5_o.png

Thank you! ::bow::

No art, just the text.

Court Games v.2

Neutral Event, 0 Fate

Action : Play during a political conflict, choose a partecipating character you control - challange a target partecipating charcter your opponent controls to a political duel. Choose one - the winner of the duel is honored, or the loser is dishonored.

Forced Truce

Phoenix Event, 0 Fate.

Interrupt : When you would break a Province - draw 1 Card, gain 1 Fate and 4 Honor instead. The next player who declares a conflict this round loses 2 Honor.

On 7/15/2017 at 6:19 PM, HirumaShigure said:

I just reread the story, where did the nezumi appear? I couldn't find it

Top of page 8. They were digging pit traps it seems to help with the fortifications. They aren't called out explicitly by name. You have to noticed that Kisada sees furry shapes run back into the tunnels, and that it was the Hiruma Daimyo's plan to ask for their assistance.

Edited by phillos
On 7/15/2017 at 9:40 PM, Coyote Walks said:

35948410245_df1fea91e5_o.png

This is brilliant, can you tell me how you did this? I'd like to do similar stuff

On 7/19/2017 at 6:15 AM, Eu8L1ch said:

No art, just the text.

Court Games v.2

Neutral Event, 0 Fate

Action : Play during a political conflict, choose a partecipating character you control - challange a target partecipating charcter your opponent controls to a political duel. Choose one - the winner of the duel is honored, or the loser is dishonored.

Forced Truce

Phoenix Event, 0 Fate.

Interrupt : When you would break a Province - draw 1 Card, gain 1 Fate and 4 Honor instead. The next player who declares a conflict this round loses 2 Honor.

When was Forced Truce revealed O.o.

2 hours ago, IAmAlpharius said:

When was Forced Truce revealed O.o.

Given this thread is for fanmade cards, I'm pretty sure it's not a real card, just his idea for one.

13 minutes ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

Given this thread is for fanmade cards, I'm pretty sure it's not a real card, just his idea for one.

Oops, you're right. I thought he was saying their were 2 new cards revealed, seeing as it was Court Games, and I didn't bother to read that it was a fan version of it.

4 hours ago, IAmAlpharius said:

Oops, you're right. I thought he was saying their were 2 new cards revealed, seeing as it was Court Games, and I didn't bother to read that it was a fan version of it.

Yeah, we (and I very much include myself in that) need to be careful with the names of fan card ideas, or at least make it very plain when they're not at all text from real cards.

This thread still seems like the best place to post alternate art versions of real cards, for now at least. I'll try to make it more blatantly obvious when I'm posting an alternate art version of a real card, and when I'm just posting silly stuff I made up.

Edited by Togashi Gao Shan
a clarification.

Speaking of alternate art cards, here's one for Mirumoto Raitsugu. No offense intended to the artist of the real card, but I really don't care for the piece. This alt features one of my all-time favorite depictions of a Mirumoto bushi, by Michael Komarck. Sadly, the art was on a lackluster card in 'Old5R'.

l8wjCDC.png

14 hours ago, Taki said:

This is brilliant, can you tell me how you did this? I'd like to do similar stuff

Photoshop to layer the source image with the template way up-thread. And to merge the layers.

Most of the work is done in Paint after that to copy and paste the different elements together. (I'm not an expert at Photoshop and paint is easier for me.)

Here's another alternate art (with some flavor text) for Banzai.

VDc3Exe.png

5 hours ago, Togashi Gao Shan said:

VDc3Exe.png

I like the quote, but I would recommend flipping it from a double negative to a positive statement. As is, it took me a few moments to process the sentiment behind it.

1 hour ago, Ide Yoshiya said:

I like the quote, but I would recommend flipping it from a double negative to a positive statement. As is, it took me a few moments to process the sentiment behind it.

Yeah, I have a habit of making a lot of characters use imperfect speech, because I feel it feels more "real" to me. However, I do it too often and sometimes make it *too* flawed.

It would probably be a lot easier to read as: "Honor? Glory? They are simply tools true samurai use to fulfill their duty."

Here's a proxy (with alternate art) for Outwit, a card shown in the rulebook:

QrtAQVk.png

On 8/5/2017 at 4:32 AM, Togashi Gao Shan said:

VDc3Exe.png

So Crab are the no true scotsman of Rokugan?

Hmmm.... I not sure if that fits the Clan better or the Crab playerbase.

4 minutes ago, Coyote Walks said:

So Crab are the no true scotsman of Rokugan?

Hmmm.... I not sure if that fits the Clan better or the Crab playerbase.

It can't be both?????

An alternate image (and such) for Doji Challenger:

oBDqdwg.png

An idea for an Oni (this is based on the idea that Shadowlands characters can be added to anyone's Dynasty deck).

LNR2m1T.png

Edited by Togashi Gao Shan
forgot the card image.
16 minutes ago, Togashi Gao Shan said:

An idea for an Oni (this is based on the idea that Shadowlands characters can be added to anyone's Dynasty deck).

LNR2m1T.png

Despite the cost, that feels incredibly powerful with basically a free combo to bow/ discard any character you want. Might need a cost limit on one or both abilities, the second ability for sure. As it stands now, this is really a huge cloud the mind magnet.

18 hours ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

Despite the cost, that feels incredibly powerful with basically a free combo to bow/ discard any character you want. Might need a cost limit on one or both abilities, the second ability for sure. As it stands now, this is really a huge cloud the mind magnet.

It is a lot to put on a single character, even a very expensive unique.

Here's another variation of it:

sPoJnXp.png