Fanmade cards while we speculate

By Wintersong, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

Can you do something for "Mirumoto" Zoro?

52 minutes ago, Wintersong said:

I wanted to use the original art but the onyl image I found did not seem to scale well for this. Or could be my amateurish lack of skill. Yoko did seemm a good Shoan alternate though. :D

Meanwhile, far from the Kaiu Wall...

3YKlcSS.png

Because dishonoring yourself should be a thing? :P

Maybe instead of a forced reaction (which we don't know will even a thing in this game), how about make it simply possible to buy the card from the discard pile. Anyway, Dark Moto should not be a trait on its own, but maybe undead should be.

47 minutes ago, Sendatsu said:

Can you do something for "Mirumoto" Zoro?

*Googles Zoro*

Roronoa Zoro? Sure. But, surprising as that may sound, I have never watched/read One Piece so if you were so kind as to provide what you would like to see, I can make one. :)

38 minutes ago, Drudenfusz said:

Maybe instead of a forced reaction (which we don't know will even a thing in this game)

The Honored card has a Forced Interrupt though.

At the twilight of the CCG, we saw a theme for the Unicorn that I recall some of us clamoring hard for: Ide Honor, with an Economic interaction mechanic tying into the Ide Family's flavor as the tradesmen of the clan (e.g Give each player some gold; if an opponent spends this gold gain some honor). Given that we no longer have gold per se, I wonder, is it no longer possible to see a similar theme, however far down the road it might appear? (Truth be told, though, I just want my Ide boys and girls to have some representation in the game so that I can splash a few of them into my deck. ?)

I like the fact that economic warfare will be very easy to implement in the LCG without making the game more complex.

1 hour ago, Builder2 said:

At the twilight of the CCG, we saw a theme for the Unicorn that I recall some of us clamoring hard for: Ide Honor, with an Economic interaction mechanic tying into the Ide Family's flavor as the tradesmen of the clan (e.g Give each player some gold; if an opponent spends this gold gain some honor). Given that we no longer have gold per se, I wonder, is it no longer possible to see a similar theme, however far down the road it might appear? (Truth be told, though, I just want my Ide boys and girls to have some representation in the game so that I can splash a few of them into my deck. ?)

Well, this could be esily done with allowing your opponnt to draw a card or turn a card in a province face up and gain honour if the opponent decides to do so.

6 hours ago, Builder2 said:

The economic interaction might be possible with personalities using the new resource system in the lcg. For example, a Ide that gives your opponent a fate for one of his honor. Alternatively, it could force him to play some fate or you get honor. Other older Ide economic mechanics like bowing to produce gold can simply just reduce the fate cost of attachments. Maybe they could be like the Yasuki and really like holdings, such as becoming honored when attacking or defending at a province with one.

12 hours ago, Drudenfusz said:

Maybe instead of a forced reaction (which we don't know will even a thing in this game), how about make it simply possible to buy the card from the discard pile. Anyway, Dark Moto should not be a trait on its own, but maybe undead should be.

Steadfast Samurai ( https://l5r.gamepedia.com/Steadfast_Samurai ) wants to have a word with you regarding Forced Reactions.

17 minutes ago, Yandia said:

Steadfast Samurai ( https://l5r.gamepedia.com/Steadfast_Samurai ) wants to have a word with you regarding Forced Reactions.

You are late, Wintersong had already told me that this is a thing. Nevertheless, I would say the force reaction in the presented case is not a good idea.

Anyway, I admit I had been wrong, so thanks for you guys to point out that someone on the internet was wrong.

On 5/1/2017 at 3:45 PM, TheHobgoblyn said:

I am guessing that each clan's core is going to be made of 10 personality cards.

Mantis (I didn't include the Fox Clan because their incorporation is a source of contention)
Standard - Mercenary Archer, Devotee of Amaterasu, Daring Mariner, Wandering Tradesman
Tier 1 - Wakiza, Mukami
Tier 2 - Tsuruichi, Aramasu
Tier 3 - Yoritomo

Of course, there could be more personalities per clan printed in the initial set-- maybe more like 12 per a clan. And I am mostly relying on previously established characters here while the new universe is actually a chance to invent all new characters. Anyway, can anyone come up with better lists than this?

Rather than Aramasu I would expect either Yoritomo Kamoto, Kanbe or Masasue as they were three of the clan war era staples. Also no generic mantis Mercenaries to put on the Crane payroll, for shame.

I would probably figure the generics would be Wasp Archer, Mantis Mercenary, Mantis Sailor, Tortoise Marine and Moshi Adept.

And really the Mantis Mercenary should have a rule that they can be played as an unaligned card in other factions with an appropriate influence cost.

Edited by Schmoozies
5 hours ago, Drudenfusz said:

so thanks for you guys to point out that someone on the internet was wrong.

It is not about being right or wrong, but about sharing knowledge. :)

10 hours ago, Kubernes said:

The economic interaction might be possible with personalities using the new resource system in the lcg.

Something related to fate seems a good possibility.

On 2017-5-6 at 7:25 PM, Wintersong said:

*Googles Zoro*

Roronoa Zoro? Sure. But, surprising as that may sound, I have never watched/read One Piece so if you were so kind as to provide what you would like to see, I can make one. :)

The Honored card has a Forced Interrupt though.

Anything goes. I assume he is more than a Mirumoto, as he uses Santoryu (three swords techniques).

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:05 PM, SlackerHacker said:

I like the idea of still being able to play cards from broken provinces and perhaps having some cards that play on that.

I don't have any graphics skills but:

Vengeful Ronin

F-2

M-2

P-0

G-1

Reaction: If Vengeful Ronin is at a broken Province, reduce his fate cost by 2.

Or something like that.

I like that idea. It's am interesting mechanic that opens up some design space. I'm wary of free personalities, though, so I tweaked it just a bit:

iaXa3Ty.jpg

I see that I omitted an 'in' from his Action (should be "and this character is *in* one of your provinces"). I'll fix that sometime, and probably also make the text bigger.

11 hours ago, Togashi Gao Shan said:

I like that idea. It's am interesting mechanic that opens up some design space. I'm wary of free personalities, though, so I tweaked it just a bit:

iaXa3Ty.jpg

I see that I omitted an 'in' from his Action (should be "and this character is *in* one of your provinces"). I'll fix that sometime, and probably also make the text bigger.

I have a feeling that zero cost characters will happen. If you put this card out there for free it's gone at the end of the turn.

Like the Eager Scout .

On 5/4/2017 at 5:36 AM, Wintersong said:

You are welcome. :) I have added a Unique version for them too just in case you prefer them like that.

If you're still willing to do requests I have one.

Yoritomo Kazuto

Keywords: Bushi

4 Fate

3 Military

1 Political

1 Glory

Ability: Whenever you gain Fate from an unclaimed ring put at least one on Yoritomo Kazuto

Ability: Remove one Fate from Yoritomo Kazuto, Yoritomo Kazuto gain +1 Military and +1 Political until end of turn.

"We do not choose the world we are born into, we choose how we shape it."

Kazuto.jpg

Edited by Yoritomo Kazuto
On 2017-5-7 at 7:37 PM, Sendatsu said:

Anything goes. I assume he is more than a Mirumoto, as he uses Santoryu (three swords techniques).

Let me know any changes that you consider a must and I will change it. I read some wikis about him (and his techniques) but between that and my inability at pricing stuff, there may be "not right" stuff. Was looking for some art from the anime but that pic is perfect for L5R, imho.

Mq8PhCD.png

3 hours ago, Yoritomo Kazuto said:

If you're still willing to do requests I have one.

I am on it. :) No Naval?

Edit:

You know, we have not seen any minor clan characters so I do not know if they have the "X Clan" trait, unless for the Otomo woman "Imperial" count as such.

Vp6jlPm.png

If you prefer amateurish Mantis border: here .

Any tweaks, let me know. :)

Edited by Wintersong
Avoiding double post?

Looks awesome. Ty

Wintersong, I got a bit of a special request here:

Since this is a reboot I was wondering about a new origin for the Spider clan. A minor clan exiled for a grave dishonor, they went beyond the Kaiju wall swearing they would redeem themselves by conquering the shadowlands. After long years nothing was heard of them. Now they have returned. But where do their loyalties lie?

So this guy here is my "new Spider clan" character. (Don't worry about the "Diplomat" keyword and the "bitter venom" thing , it's a subfaction in the clan)

Nigaidesu Dokueki

Shugenja

Diplomat

Bitter Venom

Conqueror

Fate : 4

Military: 2

politics: 2

Glory: 1

Action: Nigaidesu Dokueki gets +2 politics in a conflict with a Crab clan character and +2 military in a conflict with a Shadowlands character.

"We have returned."

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor sarkhan vol

Edited by Robin Graves

I could use a Pabu attachment. Feel free to come up with the text.

54 minutes ago, Robin Graves said:

Wintersong, I got a bit of a special request here:

Since this is a reboot I was wondering about a new origin for the Spider clan. A minor clan exiled for a grave dishonor, they went beyond the Kaiju wall swearing they would redeem themselves by conquering the shadowlands. After long years nothing was heard of them. Now they have returned. But where do their loyalties lie?

So this guy here is my "new Spider clan" character. (Don't worry about the "Diplomat" keyword and the "bitter venom" thing , it's a subfaction in the clan)

Nigaidesu Dokueki

It is a curious family name. ;)

4NQ64Ze.png

Amateurish Spider background, which I may have to improve when I have more time: here .

Shadowlands has no paintbrush mon to use and, so far, we can only speculate it will be a trait. But I have seen Great Clans refered by mon so that I did. As usual, any tweaks you may need, just let me know.

34 minutes ago, Kubernes said:

I could use a Pabu attachment. Feel free to come up with the text.

Right now, only Crab and Phoenix Attachment cards are (fully) known. Any of those is good for Pabu? I can surely fake a neutral template for it.

Phoenix might be good enough. Or got nutz.

A different take on the Son of Storms:

ZL4EKAR.jpg

17 hours ago, Wintersong said:

It is a curious family name. ;)

4NQ64Ze.png

Amateurish Spider background, which I may have to improve when I have more time: here .

Shadowlands has no paintbrush mon to use and, so far, we can only speculate it will be a trait. But I have seen Great Clans refered by mon so that I did. As usual, any tweaks you may need, just let me know.

Right now, only Crab and Phoenix Attachment cards are (fully) known. Any of those is good for Pabu? I can surely fake a neutral template for it.

Awesome work as usual.! Improved Spider background is great. Using the clan mon was a good idea.

And the name... Yeah I just googled japanese translation for "bitter" and "venom". (Not sure how accurate that is.)

Edited by Robin Graves
17 hours ago, Kubernes said:

Phoenix might be good enough. Or got nutz.

New L5R does have a beautiful design and a nightmareish number of transparencies. :wacko: I was not sure about uniqueness of attachments so... 3 Pabus are better than 1? Triple the fun?

4iZQ5de.png

If you need any kind of modification, let me know. :)

40 minutes ago, Robin Graves said:

Awesome work as usual.! Improved Spider background is great. Using the clan mon was a good idea.

And the name... Yeah I just googled japanese translation for "bitter" and "venom". (Not sure how accurate that is.)

Thanks. :)

I find the name curious because the "desu" part. Not that I have any real knowledge of japanese. :wacko:

Edited by Wintersong