Rate this Character out of 10: The Celestial?

By kain7th, in Talisman

This guy with a War Horse would be very powerful. This guy with the Fate Stealer and a Warhorse would be nearly unstoppable. He can easily gain fate, even without the Fate Stealer. It wouldn't take much for him to bloat his Craft very quickly. I'm giving him a 10.

6/10, power aside i'll give him 10/10 design, many interesting mehcanics. It's pretty rare to get high lifegain/fategain so i don't think this guy getting higher craft than strength is likely

Edited by Rawsugar

I hate this character. He gets a 1 from me. His abilities are more punitive than beneficial.

Granted, if he gets the fate stealer and a war horse, that's a powerful combo. But the fate stealer almost never makes an appearance in our games.

craft and craft value are not the same, so when he gains craft he adds that to his value (current fate).

he starts as 4/4/4/4 and has a pretty good fate gain engine. That's pretty decent.

Edited by Rawsugar

I like him. Only problem is that you've to think twice every time you're about to use a fate. Still as you've to the ability to regenerate fate quite easily it might very well be worth the effort if you're not above your value because then it backfires even more.

5/10

Still, I won the only time I've played him. ;)

6/10

The early game is tough, as deciding to spend fate comes with a cost. Losing the chapel to a terrain card slows you down. A spell, event or other effect that takes away all your fate can be crippling.

Stats are great, and if you are able to gain more than starting fate and/or use the PvP ability effectively it can really start to sing, but has too many vulnerabilies that can be exploited by smart opponents.

Alchemist 8.5

Amazon 6.5

Ancient Oak 7

Arcane Scion 7

Assassin 9

Black Knight 5.5

Bounty Hunter 9.5

Cat Burglar 6

Celestial 5.5

Chivalric Knight 5

Cleric 7

Conjurer 5

Dark Cultist 6

Dervish 6.5

Doomsayer 5.5

Dragon Hunter 4.5

Dragon Priestess 3

Dragon Rider 5

Dread Knight 1.5

Druid 6.5

Dwarf 5.5

Elementalist 4.5

Elf 4

Fire Wizard 6

Ghoul 3

Gladiator 4.5

Grave Robber 4

Gypsy 6

Highlander 4.5

Jin Blooded 6.5

Knight 5

Leprechaun 8

Leywalker 4

Magus 3.5

Merchant 5

Minotaur 4.5

Minstrel 4

Monk 2.5

Mutant 6.5

Necromancer 5.5

Nomad 4.5

Ogre Chieftain 7

Philosopher 5

Priest 2

Prophetess 6

Rogue 4.5

Sage 6.5

Scavenger 4

Scout 5.5

Sorceress 5

Spider Queen 3.5

Sprite 4.5

Spy 5

Swashbuckler 5

Tavern Maid 5.5

Thief 4.5

Tinkerer 6.5

Totem Warrior 6

Troll 6

Valkyrie 5.5

Vampire Hunter 5

Vampiress 5

Warlock 7.5

Warlord 6

Warrior 5.5

Wizard 6.5

I gave him a 5.5(somehow missed him in my other posts). He is a lot of fun to play. His abilities give you some options and make you think about what you are doing. The problem with him IMO is, he is not really suited to hang in the corner regions and if he loses his fate with a few bad rolls is prone to being picked off.

One comment : Celestial vs Temporary change + gypsy + spell call = death

On 9/19/2018 at 8:24 AM, stranigie said:

One comment : Celestial vs Temporary change  + gypsy  + spell call = death 

I had a similar scenario come up in a game recently. The Sage Denizen (pay 1 gold to change a character's alignment) came up early and basically became a bounty hunter whose sole purpose was to shoot this angel out of the sky.