Rate this Character out of ten: The Dark Cultist?

By kain7th, in Talisman

mini_4re_dark_cultist.jpg

What would you rate this character out of 10?

Overall, taking into account all expansions and a min of 6 players in each game. I would say a 5-6 (given i do not think any character would be a 10).

Just to mention, though not wishing to be a complete killjoy, if you are going to be hotlinking directly to content on Talisman Island, could you at least give the appropriate credit.

I don't particularly mind, seeing as these days I am not limited with bandwidth issues and the like, but it is nice to be asked.

Overall, taking into account all expansions and a min of 6 players in each game. I would say... you can't give an obcjective note. Only a win/loose ratio table would allow us a glimpse into a characters performance.

Overall, taking into account all expansions and a min of 6 players in each game. I would say... you can't give an obcjective note. Only a win/loose ratio table would allow us a glimpse into a characters performance.

If I understand these rating topics correctly it's not only performance but also playability we should take into account. I think it was interesting to read about the assassin and would like to hear what people think about other characters as well.

I like Dark Cultists and as long as we're not including Woodlands and new fate rules I think she's enjoyable to play and with a bit if luck she can quickly become strong.

Only downside is fate: 1.

I'll give her a strong 6.

I would rate her a 5. Her character is really dictated by luck. If you do not draw weak enemies she can get pummeled pretty early on. She does not have any abilities that make it advantageous to attack characters early on and her Fate 1 really limits her. Being evil she has access to the Graveyard but still..... Even if she beats someone and then rolls on the chart, it is not a guarantee she is getting anything truly advantageous to her specific needs. So for me, just a 5.

6-7

8, maybe even 9

8, maybe even 9

Why on Earth? You can't throw out the highest number and not explain yourself....

Because at our table she wins most games she's in.

She has never won at our table..... I am certain she has been terminated by other Characters on multiple occasions.

Expansions used + how many players on average all this does increase and decrease character abilities a lot.

It's one of those characters that seems really good on paper but always dies quickly in our games.

Expansions used + how many players on average all this does increase and decrease character abilities a lot.

Agreed. IMO dark cultist gets a lot from Highland because of many weak enemies there.

efficient way to play cultist is targeting other players; make the others scuttle for nearest healer while you gain in strength and craft, targets whose S/C you know (vs randomly drawn cards), and most chars are weak in 1 stat.

But you need luck either way. I much prefer characters that make their own luck to those that benefit more from being lucky.

Edited by Rawsugar

Just to mention, though not wishing to be a complete killjoy, if you are going to be hotlinking directly to content on Talisman Island, could you at least give the appropriate credit.

I don't particularly mind, seeing as these days I am not limited with bandwidth issues and the like, but it is nice to be asked.

May I please use your pictures for these questions?

Of course. :)

I win with her almost every time I play her, so 8 from me. I love getting to roll on her chart every time I kill something.

I'd say 7. As has been said above, she's at the mercy of luck with her Forces of Darkness roll, but after a couple of 4s and 5s, she's pretty **** strong.