Rate this Character out of 10: The Dervish?

By kain7th, in Talisman

mini_4re_dervish_card.jpg

I'm usually not a fan of characters that start with a total of only 5 strength+craft, but the Dervish actually has some very useful special abilities. For battle purposes he starts with a strength 4, so that more or less mitigates the fact that he is a strength 3/craft 2 character. Being able to use two weapons is very nice. Starting off in the middle region is nice. Not having to worry about the desert is nice. Craft value of 4 is very nice.

But that little bit at the end, about being able to move after taking a trophy in battle is very very intriguing. And since it's optional he can use it when it serves a good purpose, or he can choose to ignore it if moving would be detrimental.

All in all, this is a strong character. 8/10.

A nice useful character. 7/10.

Something tells me he's even better with Cataclysm board.

middling, 6,5/10 (as in about 35% of chars are more powerful than he is).

With the right draws etc he can get strong though, especially w STR heavy areas like higlands and dungeon...he's not particularly equipped to get there before others though, so. 6/10

Man, no reference as to getting the picture at www.talismanisland.com again! :-)

The Dervish is solid and if he draws two awesome weapons can be a beast. I would agree he is probably a 6 or 7 since he has good fate. For me I would have to say 6 since his 2 Craft can be a problem at times....

9 out of 10. Dervish with two flails? Yes, please.

Flails do not stack. THe text reads "You may roll 2 dice during battle and add them together to determine your attack roll". It does not state roll an additional die for each flail or two dice for each flail. ;-)

Flails do not stack. THe text reads "You may roll 2 dice during battle and add them together to determine your attack roll". It does not state roll an additional die for each flail or two dice for each flail. ;-)

Ahhhh, you're right.

In that case, he's a 7.

Have only played against him, but 7/10 sounds right.