Road to Legend Bug Report

By kraisto, in Road to Legend

Bug report.

Yesterday, my family started a second campaign. Completed the training quest. Went to town. Bought gear.

Did not exit the App.

Today, when I clicked on the app, it launched like it was not already running.

Loved the campaign.

The map does not show the side quests or the next major quest.

The only Hong we see is Tamalir. We can go to the city and buy and sell hear. We can leave the city.

Nothing else but Tamalir is on the map.

None of the bottons work - cannot get to the main menu, the training menu, the inventory, and the journal.

:(

Stuck in limbo.

I have exactly the same problem right this moment. I have the July 1 patch (v 1.1.3 iOS), but I'm stuck with Tamalir and can't continue my campaign. When I'm on the map screen, the ONLY thing that responds is going to Tamalir and shopping. None of the rest of the screen areas respond and none of the side quests nor travel paths appear.

Bug report.

Yesterday, my family started a second campaign. Completed the training quest. Went to town. Bought gear.

Did not exit the App.

Loved the campaign.

The only Hong we see is Tamalir. We can go to the city and buy and sell hear. We can leave the city.

None of the bottons work - cannot get to the main menu, the training menu, the inventory, and the journal. :(

Stuck in limbo.

I have exactly the same problem right this moment. I have the July 1 patch (v 1.1.3 iOS), but I'm stuck with Tamalir and can't continue my campaign. When I'm on the map screen, the ONLY thing that responds is going to Tamalir and shopping. None of the rest of the screen areas respond and none of the side quests nor travel paths appear.

Even after reloading the last save? And the problem occurs in which campaign?

Edited by kraisto

Bug report.

Did not exit the App.

Loved the campaign.

None of the bottons work - cannot get to the main menu, the training menu, the inventory, and the journal. :(

Stuck in limbo.

right after the training mission. Loading the campaign and I'm stuck. I tried purchasing another item, but that didn't change the state nor make any other options work.

To clarify - I started the campaign ( “Rise of All Goblins”) a bit ago (before the patch) by running through the training mission and then shopping in town. I went back into the app yesterday to try and continue, but was "shut out" after loading the campaign save (as described). It seems that whatever fix for the loading issue that went into 1.1.2 got reverted in 1.1.3

Edited by nogardtla

Bug report.

Did not exit the App.

Loved the campaign.

Stuck in limbo.

right after the training mission. Loading the campaign and I'm stuck. I tried purchasing another item, but that didn't change the state nor make any other options work.

To clarify - I started the campaign ( “Rise of All Goblins”) a bit ago (before the patch) by running through the training mission and then shopping in town. I went back into the app yesterday to try and continue, but was "shut out" after loading the campaign save (as described). It seems that whatever fix for the loading issue that went into 1.1.2 got reverted in 1.1.3

I have this exact same problem on my Fire tablet. Ran through the Rise of the Goblins tutorial about a week ago, went back to play again today and all I can do is go to Tamalir. Nothing else on the map, no buttons work, can't even get back to the menu to try and start a new campaign, had to restart my tablet :-(

On the Rise of All Goblins setup, it asks you to place the Bhargest group on 8A, but the location indicator flashes on 9a.

Confirmed this on both the steam app, and android.

In my opinion there is some missing text for the activation rule "Overpower". For additional details please check the related post:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/224649-road-to-legend-question-overpower-possible-finale-spoiler/

Two errors and a suggestion for the lieutenant Sir Alric in Kindred Fire:

1) A typo in the monster tab info: explains how to use the Overrun skill, but the description its for the Overpower skill (the correct one for lieutenant Alric).

2) Special activation for Sir Alric : each heroes who test might and fails suffer damage equal to his might - the heroes dont test might in the Overpower activation, but only Alric does.

The logical interpretation for the special activation with Overpower: If Sir Alric succed in the might attribute test, the hero suffer damage equal to his might (or equal to Sir Alric might for a more dangerous effect).

3) As a sugestion, he maybe need more options in the activations to circle and avoid some situations that he cannot use the overpower / overrun skill. Example: he is already engaged with all heroes/target in the beggining of the turn.

Edited by kraisto

Kindred Fire normal mode. The heroes start without any gold. Dont know if its intent or a bug (dont have any big impact in the campaign in my opinion), but by RTL online rules, Appendix VI:

Normal
Normal difficulty is for players relatively new to Descent: Journeys in the
Dark and Road to Legend. Peril increases at a gradual rate, and the heroes
start with a modest amount of gold: 50 per hero.

Edited by kraisto

I've got a pretty big complaint, but I don't know if it is actually a bug or what.

Act 2 gear (with the exception of tival's crystal and Iron Bound Ring) never, and I mean never hit the store inventory at any point during any campaign despite completing the Rise of Goblins and Kindred Fire campaign multiple times. Not having access to three dice can make some things (like having to roll three surges in a single attack to defeat an mutant) basically impossible for some characters.

Is this supposed to be the case, because having to deal with low damage for PCs and high damage for the monsters in act 2 slows the game down a lot and causes us to get ate up with peril effects far more than it seems like it should. It seems like it might be a bug because in the base game when you reach act 2, the act 1 store cards aren't used anymore at all.

I've got a pretty big complaint, but I don't know if it is actually a bug or what.

Act 2 gear (with the exception of tival's crystal and Iron Bound Ring) never, and I mean never hit the store inventory at any point during any campaign despite completing the Rise of Goblins and Kindred Fire campaign multiple times. Not having access to three dice can make some things (like having to roll three surges in a single attack to defeat an mutant) basically impossible for some characters.

Is this supposed to be the case, because having to deal with low damage for PCs and high damage for the monsters in act 2 slows the game down a lot and causes us to get ate up with peril effects far more than it seems like it should. It seems like it might be a bug because in the base game when you reach act 2, the act 1 store cards aren't used anymore at all.

Just curious, your fame level at act 2 in kindred fire ?

Fame was under 50, but higher than 40. I can't remember what it was exactly. Although if that is going to be a determining factor it should be stated flat out somewhere as it doesn't have any kind of bearing in the standard game at all.

Not a bug so much as an oversight, but it seems that monsters can't be defeated during their activation. I came to realize this when the 39 HP Elemental Dragon was down to his last hit point and destroyed by the poison. Considering poison isn't the only way to defeat a monster during its activation, it's something you may want to consider amending in the next version.

Fame was under 50, but higher than 40. I can't remember what it was exactly. Although if that is going to be a determining factor it should be stated flat out somewhere as it doesn't have any kind of bearing in the standard game at all.

The app states during the tutorial that your fame determines what kind of items you can find and buy in the shops.

I see. Nothing a house rule can't fix though. Just ignore the store options on the app, deal out five act II cards, buy them at face value using party gold pool and move on while keeping track of our gold and supplies separately from the app itself.

Not a bug so much as an oversight, but it seems that monsters can't be defeated during their activation. I came to realize this when the 39 HP Elemental Dragon was down to his last hit point and destroyed by the poison. Considering poison isn't the only way to defeat a monster during its activation, it's something you may want to consider amending in the next version.

I don't think anything needs to be changed here. In the case that a monster group activates and the last monster of that group is defeated during the activation you would just end the activation for that monster group and then mark it as defeated.

Any word on a patch to fix the campaign bug or am I stuck doing the tutorial quest AGAIN? My fear is I'll restart and then get stuck after quitting again.

Edited by nogardtla

Any word on a patch to fix the campaign bug or am I stuck doing the tutorial quest AGAIN? My fear is I'll restart and then get stuck after quitting again.

I'm not sure what the bug is but you can always just skip the tutorial when starting the RoaG campaign. When you skip the tutorial you go straight to Tamalir with 3xp and a bunch of gold. Also My advice would be to skip the RoaG campaign as it doesn't contain much unique content and just do the Kindred Fire campaign. The final encounter, not including the tutorial is the only unique quest in the campaign.

Bug report.

Did not exit the App.

Loved the campaign.

None of the bottons work - cannot get to the main menu, the training menu, the inventory, and the journal.

What platform are you running the App on? (iOS, Android, Windows, Mac)

What version of the App are you running? (current version 1.1.3)

If I recall correctly, one of the updates addressed the very issue you are describing.

Apple iPad 2

Latest iOS and latest app patch as if the posting (7-3-2016). I will have to check the versions when I get home.

Bug report.

Did not exit the App.

Loved the campaign.

Stuck in limbo.

Yes; occurs even after exiting the app and reloading the campaign.

Was in "The End of All Goblins" campaign.

Please forgive me for not reading all posts first...

Reporting bug with shop inventory.

My understanding is that the shop inventory should not change unless a week of game time has passed.

If, however, the game is exited and the campaign reloaded and the party checks the shop inventory, the shop inventory will have refreshed. This allows for players to repeatedly check the shop inventyory without having to expend game time to refresh the inventory.

Has this been resolved?

No, waiting for the next update.

after 24 hours of playing with app, a came to conclusion, that there is problems with messages appearing at different heights (some at center of the screen, some at the top) and because of that continue button is always moving.

single button at the bottom of the screen would be much better from UX standpoint IMO

after 24 hours of playing with app, a came to conclusion, that there is problems with messages appearing at different heights (some at center of the screen, some at the top) and because of that continue button is always moving.

single button at the bottom of the screen would be much better from UX standpoint IMO

Sorry , dont get me wrong, but why this is a bug ??? Playing in three difent devices and I have no problem with that ...

Make a more clear report (with the device and the plataform you are playing too) and why this is a bug ( by definition, a error that prevents the correct operation of the app). Helps understand the problem here ;)

Deadly last peril that informs about losing in two rounds appears to do nothing.

Sorry if this was already reported.. :)

-zxql

Deadly last peril that informs about losing in two rounds appears to do nothing.

Sorry if this was already reported.. :)

-zxql

Need confirmation from FFG if its a bug or not.

Edited by kraisto

The latest update as of 11:50pm July 23rd has broken all the saves. When I try to load a save on my Nexus 7 tablet, i get black screen with ambient background music. All my saves are not working anymore. :(

edit: just confirmed that this latest update has bugged all my saves on both android and steam.

Do they even test their updates before they roll them out??

Edited by LiquidLogic