Road to Legend Bug Report

By kraisto, in Road to Legend

I'm running Road to Legend 1.2.1 on an iPhone 6s with iOS 10 installed and if the phone goes to sleep, it freezes the app. I can make this happen repeatedly. I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, but it keeps doing it. It's frustrating because I think Road to Legend is an awesome idea, but when it freezes, I have to start the quest from the last save. This has happened in the middle of a game and nobody wants to take a chance its going to happen again, which it will. My only solution has been to install the Steam version on my Mac. It doesn't seem to have the same problem, but it takes up a lot of table space during a game. I appreciate any help you can give. Like I said, I love this version of the game and would love to play it more. Thanks!

I am having the a similar issue with the Delve on my Kindle Fire HD. When I select the Delve in the new game screen a new window pops up saying that the Delve is unavailable. Amazon tech support confirmed that my Kindle is working properly and I am able to make in app purchases with other apps.

The game gave "Jinn's Lamp" as a reward from the genie, but I don't have the expansion with that card.

I am using version 1.2.1.

The game gave "Jinn's Lamp" as a reward from the genie, but I don't have the expansion with that card.

I am using version 1.2.1.

The weird thing with that is that the lamp reward is in a "Base Game" stage ... i.e. the tiles are from the base set only. I suspect that it is not a Labyrinth of Ruin stage that you are inappropriately being given, more that the developers have put an inappropriate treasure in a base game stage. Given how integral the reward is to the scenario I'm curious to see how this gets addressed.

Edited by maxam

I'm here to report a typo on one of the Golem activations, it says:

" The hero with the lowest [knowledge] test [knowledge]. If he fails, place that hero from the map and place him adjacent to as many golems as possible. "

I think it is intented to say remove .

Version: 1.2.0 (223)

I am having the a similar issue with the Delve on my Kindle Fire HD. When I select the Delve in the new game screen a new window pops up saying that the Delve is unavailable. Amazon tech support confirmed that my Kindle is working properly and I am able to make in app purchases with other apps.

Same issue. Has anyone heard of anyone being able to resolve this?

On Mac OSX (Steam version of the game) v1.2.1 (247)

Two issues which make this unplayable:

1) If ever you do anything out of sequence (for example I once forgot to mark a group as defeated, I did so later in the turn, out of sync) then it can reach a state where everyone's turn is ended, but it does not actually end the turn. You are hung in a place where all groups and heroes have moved and have the green "tick" indicating they are done, but no new round starts. If you then quit the game, your save game is corrupt and you are COMPLETELY UNABLE to:

a) Load any campaigns

b) Start a new campaign

Neither of the above are now possible any more, you end up on a completely black (and blank) screen where nothing appears and nothing can be done if you attempt, in any way, to view the list of current games (either through "new" or through "load")

2) No items can be bought or sold. If you attempt to sell, or buy an item the "buy item" graphic (after clicking buy and making the purchase) stays there preventing you from being able to click on anything else - the same happens when you try sell. I looked on the Android version of this game and the "buy" or "sell" shields should fade away allowing you to purchase or sell your next item. This does NOT happen on the OSX build of the game so you're again, completely stuck in a place where you cannot leave or do anything.

I wish I'd known the above before buying Delve on OSX (steam) for my laptop. I would rather have bought it on android (my phone) had I known the OSX version is unusable :(

I'm having the same issue.

On Mac OSX (Steam version of the game) v1.2.1 (247)

Two issues which make this unplayable:

1) If ever you do anything out of sequence (for example I once forgot to mark a group as defeated, I did so later in the turn, out of sync) then it can reach a state where everyone's turn is ended, but it does not actually end the turn. You are hung in a place where all groups and heroes have moved and have the green "tick" indicating they are done, but no new round starts. If you then quit the game, your save game is corrupt and you are COMPLETELY UNABLE to:

a) Load any campaigns

b) Start a new campaign

Neither of the above are now possible any more, you end up on a completely black (and blank) screen where nothing appears and nothing can be done if you attempt, in any way, to view the list of current games (either through "new" or through "load")

Windows pc (steam) has the same problem. This does not crash in old versions. Please, solve it.

Hey clivecrous - I run RTL on MacOS Sierra (previously on El Cap) also...

a) Load any campaigns

b) Start a new campaign

I fairly frequently forget to mark groups as defeated (I'm not the young man I was!), but I've never had this issue...

At what point in the round are you marking the group as defeated? Are you making the group as defeated when a dialog is on the screen? I've tried to get this to happen based on your post but I'm struggling to do so.

2) No items can be bought or sold. If you attempt to sell, or buy an item the "buy item" graphic (after clicking buy and making the purchase) stays there preventing you from being able to click on anything else - the same happens when you try sell. I looked on the Android version of this game and the "buy" or "sell" shields should fade away allowing you to purchase or sell your next item. This does NOT happen on the OSX build of the game so you're again, completely stuck in a place where you cannot leave or do anything.

Is this happening after the previously mentioned issue? Is it happening only on a saved game for a campaign or on all new campaigns?

This is something I've never personally come across...

What version of MacOS are you running?

Have you tried a clean re-install?

Hey clivecrous - I run RTL on MacOS Sierra (previously on El Cap) also...

a) Load any campaigns

b) Start a new campaign

I fairly frequently forget to mark groups as defeated (I'm not the young man I was!), but I've never had this issue...

At what point in the round are you marking the group as defeated? Are you making the group as defeated when a dialog is on the screen? I've tried to get this to happen based on your post but I'm struggling to do so.

Is this happening after the previously mentioned issue? Is it happening only on a saved game for a campaign or on all new campaigns?

This is something I've never personally come across...

What version of MacOS are you running?

Have you tried a clean re-install?

I'm running El' Cap

I'm able to reproduce it every time. -- EDIT -- don't fixate on the monster movement out of sequence, that was an _example_ that was one event I noticed out of place, related or not, this has happened many times though, seemingly randomly, that's the only event I noticed since I started watching and trying to figure out "what I'm doing".

Yes I've tried re-installing (many times). The two errors are completely independent of each other and reproducable by themselves, in fact, it's impossible to reproduce (2) after (1) because after (1) surfaces it's impossible to get inside any games any more, new or old, without deleting and re-installing the game (it's the save games that are corrupt, see log below).

The log file contains the following error message when the game becomes unresponsive due to reason (1):

SerializationException: serializationStream supports seeking, but its length is 0
  at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.NoCheckDeserialize (System.IO.Stream serializationStream, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler handler) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize (System.IO.Stream serializationStream) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FFG.RtL.GameData.ReadFromDisk (System.String filePath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FFG.RtL.RtL_SavedGameController.LoadPage () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FFG.RtL.RtL_SavedGameController.Show () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FFG.RtL.RtL_MenuTransitioner+<CoroutineBlackFadeTransition>c__Iterator65.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

There are also many errors like this:

IOException: Sharing violation on path /Volumes/SideCar/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Descent Road to Legend/Road to Legend.app/Contents/SavedGames/0/SavedGameA
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FFG.RtL.GameData.WriteToDisk (FFG.RtL.SerializedGame game, System.String filePath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FFG.RtL.GameData.Save (Boolean writeToDisk, Boolean saveBackup, Boolean isMidGameSave) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FFG.RtL.Actions.SaveGame.OnEnter () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.ActivateActions (Int32 startIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.OnEnter () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.EnterState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.SwitchState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState toState) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.UpdateStateChanges () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.LateUpdateState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlayMakerFSM.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

And like this:

IOException: Sharing violation on path /Volumes/SideCar/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Descent Road to Legend/Road to Legend.app/Contents/SavedGames/0/SavedGameA
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FFG.RtL.GameData.WriteToDisk (FFG.RtL.SerializedGame game, System.String filePath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FFG.RtL.GameData.Save (Boolean writeToDisk, Boolean saveBackup, Boolean isMidGameSave) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FFG.RtL.RtL_Campaign+<CoroutineProcessDayChanged>c__Iterator26.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
FFG.RtL.<CoroutineTravelToDestination>c__Iterator25:MoveNext()

Here is a screenshot of what it looks like after I've bought an item, the "Item Bought" (green) never goes away, and nothing else can ever be bought or sold nor can you leave this screen or area:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bo8hkvtlyld08h/Screenshot%202016-10-26%2000.15.36.png?dl=0 (sorry it's a link and not embedded, this forum won't let me embed this image)

The above is a brand new game, directly to a shop, first attempt at purchase (does the same also if selling is the first thing tried).

[EDIT 2] !! it appears the two _ARE_ in fact related, it looks like the game attempts to save, resulting in failures (see related logs above, similar/same errors) when you purchase something.

Edited by clivecrous

Good news! Thanks to an update The Delve is now available for Kindle Fire. I just purchased it, and hope to give it a try this weekend.

Another way to predictably corrupt the game, as mentioned above in (1), is after a fresh install to start the goblin (tutorial) campaign (or presumably any other campaigns) and as soon as you enter the town, press "quit" before doing anything, it'll result in a black screen and you have to force quit the game and from then onwards everything is corrupt, you cannot start or load a campaign. In fact, I've never managed to successfully load (or see a saved) campaign - ever.

I have resolved my above issues by re-installing the game on my primary hard drive :( [which has very limited space on my macbook], I had a separate, secondary, SteamLibrary on my "stay in" "flush with side of macbook" SD card -- on which _ALL_ my steam games, except Road to Legend, are installed and run from. It seems RtL hates that secondary drive on a Mac for some reason (???) I'll blame Unity rather than FFG though based on the type of errors I'm seeing in the logs.

I have resolved my above issues by re-installing the game on my primary hard drive :( [which has very limited space on my macbook], I had a separate, secondary, SteamLibrary on my "stay in" "flush with side of macbook" SD card -- on which _ALL_ my steam games, except Road to Legend, are installed and run from. It seems RtL hates that secondary drive on a Mac for some reason (???) I'll blame Unity rather than FFG though based on the type of errors I'm seeing in the logs.

Good to hear!

I'm on a MB too and was going to get an SD card to do similar - i.e. moving my games to it. Good to know I shouldn't move RTL!

Like two others above, I am having trouble with Rise of All Goblins. I completed the tutorial quest and got some side quests along with the main quest on the Map. Then after visiting the town and making purchases, I left the campaign. Now, on the Map are NO quests, only the City. The city now show new items for sale and all City Options (which it didn't before). After leaving City, still no Quests. Hitting city again shows new items (weeks aren't being spend doing this). Is there a fix or should I restart a new campaign? Also for the future, is there a bad time to Leave Campaign (more likely to have bugs)?

Exactly Same here Bug here!

Thanks

Good news! Thanks to an update The Delve is now available for Kindle Fire. I just purchased it, and hope to give it a try this weekend.

Did you have to do anything differently?

Mine still says 'unavailable'

With the newest update I get a slightly different unavailable message but still doesn't work with the kindle.

RTL version 1.21 Steam (MacOS)

Items removed from collection are not removed correctly .

I recently acquired Mists of Bilehall and Chains that Rust, the two remaining box expansions I did not have. Wanting to 'force' the App to show me their content, I removed all other box expansions from the collection and created a new Delve game.

The all the content new game gave me was from expansions removed from the collection ... I persisted as I have the expansions anyway ... the first boss stage was a Labyrinth of Ruin stage ... I would have kept playing but the App tried to place what I can only assume was an expansion specific monster group that it (correctly) couldn't and prompted me to "place Monster (reference) here"

Quitting the game and re-launching fixed the issue, but it appears that changes to the collection are not necessarily updated/recognised when they are made.

I'm playing the Treasure of Davin Throm, and the monsters are engaging, but not attacking. Not sure if bug or easy mode.

I updated Road to Legend through the kindle app store rather than waiting for it to update automatically, and once the update took effect I was able to purchase the Delve. I just tested it out with some random characters, and the scenario loaded up, so it seems to be working.

I'm playing the Treasure of Davin Throm, and the monsters are engaging, but not attacking. Not sure if bug or easy mode.

This has happened to me as well, both in the initial tutorial quest, and the Treasure of Davin Throm, but only with some of the monsters (zombies and shadow dragons). Each of those monsters only ever had one action in their lists - an engage action.

Edited by mjfilla

This has happened to me as well, both in the initial tutorial quest, and the Treasure of Davin Throm, but only with some of the monsters (zombies and shadow dragons). Each of those monsters only ever had one action in their lists - an engage action.

In case it matters, I'm using an NVIDIA Shield, Android 6.0.1.

Google play app: Monster only engage never attack

Hello All,

I have two different versions of RTL. One is on steam for my normal PC with Windows 10. There RTL runs normally. There are instructions like:

-> engage the closest hero.

-> attack the closest hero

But when I am playing on my android tablet Samsung galaxy where is RTL downloaded thru Google play there is always only 1 instruction:

There is never anything mentioned about attacking. By more complicated descriptions there is everything for example for fire imps or goblins. But for the monsters like hybrids, zombies or Splig, there is always only one instruction -> engage the closest hero.

No matter how many times I force active the monster, or it is activated normally. Always attack instruction is missing, even in tutorial.

So my question is, am I the only one who encounters this stupid behavior? If yes, is this a bug, or is it intended? (for example to save space on screen) I would say that this is a bug.

Edited by Murko

Google play app: Monster only engage never attack

Hello All,

I have two different versions of RTL. One is on steam for my normal PC with Windows 10. There RTL runs normally. There are instructions like:

-> attack the closest hero

But when I am playing on my android tablet Samsung galaxy where is RTL downloaded thru Google play there is always only 1 instruction:

There is never anything mentioned about attacking. By more complicated descriptions there is everything for example for fire imps or goblins. But for the monsters like hybrids, zombies or Splig, there is always only one instruction -> engage the closest hero.

No matter how many times I force active the monster, or it is activated normally. Always attack instruction is missing, even in tutorial.

So my question is, am I the only one who encounters this stupid behavior? If yes, is this a bug, or is it intended? (for example to save space on screen) I would say that this is a bug.

I'm having the same issue with RTL on my Nexus tablet i.e. Google Play version of RTL. The problem has appeared in the tutorial and also in a side quest in the middle of my existing Kindred Fire campaign. I fear it's going to keep messing with my RTL experience until it's fixed. :(

The problem only started happening recently so perhaps the most recent update to address issues with accessing the Delve DLC might have introduced this bug...? I can only guess. I played extensively with a friend over the weekend using his iPad and the problem never happened, so it appears to be limited to the Google Play version from what I've seen myself and read here.