Road to Legend Bug Report

By kraisto, in Road to Legend

Yea i was wondering about this too. I've seen a number of mobs that have been given surges or far more surges than they even have ability to use. Even double checked the rules to make sure it wasn't a case of being able to use abilities multiple times, but nope...

If I remember correctly, troll and sorcerers dont have skills to expend with surges, maybe adding one more line in the activation like expend two (or more) surges to add X damage, revolves the issue.

Ah ok, didn't realize they were from a pool. That makes a lot of sense now. I was worried i was missing something.

I was playing a quest in the end of Goblins and we were trying to recapture a caravans treasure and in the swamp there was a large room that had a sleeping ettin. After saving the game and restarting the Ettin disappeared. Apparently he had a key I needed for a locked door so I had to forfeit the quest.

Edited by saxon1974

I was playing a quest in the end of Goblins and we were trying to recapture a caravans treasure and in the swamp there was a large room that had a sleeping ettin. After saving the game and restarting the Ettin disappeared. Apparently he had a key I needed for a locked door so I had to forfeit the quest.

Disappared from monster list or map ?

Mmmm...if I'm not mistaken, that's the side quest for The Trollfens. If yes, did the Ettin (monster group) disapear from the monster pannel? If no (and the Ettin just disappeared from the map) then you happened to "awake" the Ettin. You had to defeat it in order to get the key.

On the other hand, if you by mistake clicked the "Defeated Unique/Monster Group", it should had given you the key and thus it should had allowed you to open the doors. Lastly, if the Ettin disappeared from both (the map and the monster pannel) and you weren't able to open the door, then it is a bug.

Anyway, I think it is now useless to say what could have you done if you forfeited the quest...just pointing out if there could had been a mistake.

Disappared from monster list or map ?

Monster list.

Android

V1.1.6(189)

I successfully completed the tutorial on the goblin quest and left the game after purchasing new items. Before I left the game, the map showed a main quest and two side quests. When I loaded my save file, all my purchased items were saved but all the quest map locations were gone. The only accessible map location is the city to purchase and sell items.

How can this fixed?

iPad Air 9.3.4

Latest version of App

Playing Kindred Fire, a side quest (don't remember the name). This was the quest where you constantly ran into rubble obstacles throughout which required testing Might to get by.

When you got to the second set of rubble (the one with 3 rubble pieces in a row), it told us to specifically place a master ettin, ignoring group limits. All good.

Unfortunately, it added to the monster bar a minion ettin, and every time it came up in the activation chain, it only provided commands for a minion ettin (i.e. no commands ever for a master ettin - when you clicked past the minion ettin commands, it just went on to either the next monster group or the next hero turn). In order to get past this, we simply implemented any of the actions specified for the minion to the master ettin.

Still, this was rather unfortunate, as the master can do more things, and the minion will never actually utilize some of those things (such as Throw).

In addition, when we beat the ettin, and thus were able to test Might against the rubble, and when we passed this test, it told us to place a master elemental, and a door, even though the door really shouldn't be placed until the end of the corridor where the last rubble of 2 exists. Obviously, another bug.

Anyone else see this happen?

Edited by any2cards

iPad Air 9.3.4

Latest version of App

Playing Kindred Fire, a side quest (don't remember the name). This was the quest where you constantly ran into rubble obstacles throughout which required testing Might to get by.

When you got to the second set of rubble (the one with 3 rubble pieces in a row), it told us to specifically place a master ettin, ignoring group limits. All good.

Unfortunately, it added to the monster bar a minion ettin, and every time it came up in the activation chain, it only provided commands for a minion ettin (i.e. no commands ever for a master ettin - when you clicked past the minion ettin commands, it just went on to either the next monster group or the next hero turn). In order to get past this, we simply implemented any of the actions specified for the minion to the master ettin.

Still, this was rather unfortunate, as the master can do more things, and the minion will never actually utilize some of those things (such as Throw).

In addition, when we beat the ettin, and thus were able to test Might against the rubble, and when we passed this test, it told us to place a master elemental, and a door, even though the door really shouldn't be placed until the end of the corridor where the last rubble of 2 exists. Obviously, another bug.

Burning Wrath quest

Tested

The only bug is the single minion activation for the master (elemental or ettin) with no more choices as you said.

iPad Air 9.3.4

Latest version of App

Burning Wrath quest

Tested

The only bug is the single minion activation for the master (elemental or ettin) with no more choices as you said.

Are you saying that you are actually suppose to put a door right after the 3 obstacles, when it tells you? What is the point of that when you could actually get around the door without having to open it?

Are you saying that you are actually suppose to put a door right after the 3 obstacles, when it tells you? What is the point of that when you could actually get around the door without having to open it?

Yes, you only put a door if the app instruct you (after you pass the last obstacle) or you have another instruction ????

Explain to me how you can get around the door without having to open, please. You have a unique path to complete the scenario, and the only way to acess the last room is to pass by the three obstacles and the door.

By far, I dont have any other problem in this scenario with the exception of the activations to the master elementals / ettins.

Edited by kraisto

Well, if you place the door at the exact time it tells you, you are placing something that takes 2 spaces, in a place where there are 3 spaces across (the area contained by the 3 obstacles).

I suppose you can place the door 1 space further north, and thus place it were there are only 2 spaces abreast, but this is not where it is really telling you to place it.

That is my only point.

Two squares away from the last obstacle, with the exactly space to put the last 2x2 monster between the obstacle and the door.

I have two instances of the app calling for one tile then showing another. One is in Prison Break.

"Place 15B, 1 extender, and 1 end cap"

The app shows 21B instead of 15B for that, and 15B shows up when you open another door.

The other is Kindred Fire, Finale.

"Place 7A, 16A, 20A, 24A, 27B, 1 transition, 1 extender, 1 end cap, and 2 doors"

Instead of 20A, it shows 22A.

I have attached screenshots in case that helps you sort this out.

RtL-oops.zip

Yes. The last but one pile of rubble gives the same information as the last set of rubble. It shouldn't but that's definitely the issue here. I've done this quest 3 times and each time it's the same.

I also had the problem with the elemental that you had with the ettin - minion appeared but no master in the activation so it just sat there doing nothing.

Edited by Taear

iPad app 1.1.7 (198)

I played though the tutorial quest, bought some items, chose some skills. Once the tutorial was over I went to the online rulebook to check something, and when I went back to the app, only Tamalir showed up on map (side quests and next quest gone), and I can't get to Training, Inventory, or Log. If I click on Tamalir, I get to the shop, but that's it. I'm stuck and may have to start all over!

I think I may have found a potential bug. With all expansions H&M packs lieutenants etc. added to the collection on a Nexus 5X with Android 7.0:

I've tried restarting the "Rise of All Goblins" quest many times (spent 6 hours creating new campaigns, skipping the tutorial, and observing the available side quests) to verify, the only side quests that will pop up are:

Bound by Fear

Arachnophilia

Choose your Poison

The Demon Hive

Mad Moriden's Tower

The Troll's Treasure

What Brings us Together

Lair of Tekaris

Dragon Hunting

Tombs of Kayladorn

Enemy of my Enemy

Prisoner of Ice Spire

That means that the following are missing:

Temple of Elemental Dragon (which I know was available before adding The Chains That Rust)

Smash and Grab

The Worst Exotic Merriod Inn

Names of Nightfall

Time Trials

Gather No Moss

Stand at Thaurgrim's Rest

Let Them Go

Tooth and Blade

It's possible this isn't a bug, but I wanted to post it just in case.

Kindest Regards,

Wyatt

I found a weird misspelling and weird mechanics in "Glade of All Illusions " last night. After failing to attack an illusion, Splig appeared but the wording was bizzare. It ended up in the log as well. I've posted a screen shot here: https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3190875/budapest

We just guessed how to play it out since some of the instructions appear to be missing.

I think I may have found a potential bug. With all expansions H&M packs lieutenants etc. added to the collection on a Nexus 5X with Android 7.0:

I've tried restarting the "Rise of All Goblins" quest many times (spent 6 hours creating new campaigns, skipping the tutorial, and observing the available side quests) to verify, the only side quests that will pop up are:

Bound by Fear

Arachnophilia

Choose your Poison

The Demon Hive

Mad Moriden's Tower

The Troll's Treasure

What Brings us Together

Lair of Tekaris

Dragon Hunting

Tombs of Kayladorn

Enemy of my Enemy

Prisoner of Ice Spire

Temple of Elemental Dragon (which I know was available before adding The Chains That Rust)

Smash and Grab

Names of Nightfall

Time Trials

Gather No Moss

Let Them Go

Tooth and Blade

Kindest Regards,

Wyatt

I just ran a short test with Kindred Fire and got Temple of the Elemental Dragon.

Bound by Fear

Arachnophilia

Choose your Poison

The Demon Hive

Mad Moriden's Tower

The Troll's Treasure

What Brings us Together

Lair of Tekaris

Dragon Hunting

Tombs of Kayladorn

Enemy of my Enemy

Prisoner of Ice Spire

Smash and Grab

Names of Nightfall

Time Trials

Gather No Moss

Let Them Go

Tooth and Blade

Kindest Regards,

Wyatt

I just ran a short test with Kindred Fire and got Temple of the Elemental Dragon.

If I remember correctly, two side quests are excluse to Kindred Fire campaign, and some have a degree of difficulty (they not spawn early in the normal campaign for example).

" For the first time in Road to Legend , Kindred Fire offers a truly massive, branching array of options as over twenty new quests enter the game. First, you’ll gain access to eight entirely new story quests—six of which you’ll encounter in any given play-through. You’ll also find two new side quests that are exclusive to Kindred Fire itself. Those quests aren’t the only new adventures that you’ll be able to enjoy with the release of Kindred Fire , however. Eight additional side quests—including the two side quests from the Rise of All Goblins mini-campaign—have been added and can now appear in any Road to Legend campaign, in Kindred Fire and beyond."

Like two others above, I am having trouble with Rise of All Goblins. I completed the tutorial quest and got some side quests along with the main quest on the Map. Then after visiting the town and making purchases, I left the campaign. Now, on the Map are NO quests, only the City. The city now show new items for sale and all City Options (which it didn't before). After leaving City, still no Quests. Hitting city again shows new items (weeks aren't being spend doing this). Is there a fix or should I restart a new campaign? Also for the future, is there a bad time to Leave Campaign (more likely to have bugs)?

Like two others above, I am having trouble with Rise of All Goblins. I completed the tutorial quest and got some side quests along with the main quest on the Map. Then after visiting the town and making purchases, I left the campaign. Now, on the Map are NO quests, only the City. The city now show new items for sale and all City Options (which it didn't before). After leaving City, still no Quests. Hitting city again shows new items (weeks aren't being spend doing this). Is there a fix or should I restart a new campaign? Also for the future, is there a bad time to Leave Campaign (more likely to have bugs)?

Start a new campaign and skip the tutorial. No worries, nothing to lose here. And check the last app update.

bug in the delve

i have only core set and lair of the wyrm.

delve tells me to place map tiles 96, 91, 78, 93

I updated the app for kindle, and it shows "the Delve" after updating, but says it is unavailable. Add insult to injury, when I updated the app my saved games seem to have been deleted. Arrrgh.

Update: A new update fixed the missing saved games problem, so now my saved games are back. Whew! The Delve isn't available for purchase yet.

Edited by Michael Scorefan

iPad Air 9.3.4

Latest version of App

Burning Wrath quest

Tested

I played this quest last night (app version 1.2.0) and the bugs still remain. The elemental doesnt activate properly. The app only gives commands to the minion. I also find strange that the button at the bottom of the screen instead of the usual "All minions activated" says "All elementals activated" maybe thats where the problem lies.

Also the double door message still remains. When you pass the rumble test for the second time the app tells you to place a door but it doesnt show where to place it. Then when you pass the test at the third pair of rumble it tells you again to place the door and now the door correctly appears in the app.

One last thing. During the traveling phase i got the event at an old inn full of people where we stop to drink, dance or rest. The second button wrote with capital letters JOYFULL_INN_2 (something like that) so I couldnt know what this option really is. .

I'm here to report a mistake on the "Bone Wand" item from Chains that Rusts expansion. It is shown as an Act I item while it is an Act II item.