Road to Legend Bug Report

By kraisto, in Road to Legend

Put here, helps consolidate all information ;)

As a side note, if possible, always report a bug indicating the operational system and the app version. This helps a lot.

Edit:

New version is up:

-Added Shards of Everdark product to collection manager.

-Fixed issue where the Troll’s Treasure side quest was not tied to the Trollfens expansion in the Collection Manager.

-Fixed peril that caused “Doomed” and “Terrified” to appear without Manor of -Ravens and Mists of Bilehall turned on in Collection Manager.

-Fixed issue with “Rise of All Goblins” campaign generating side quests incorrectly. Note: This change may affect RoAG saved games.

-Typo on Demon Hive side quest that shows overgrowth health as 12 instead of 10.

-Removed extra minion Volucrix Reaver from Demon Hive.

-Fixed issue with “Shadow Binders” peril that spawns monsters incorrectly. This fix affects a few other perils with the same issue.

-Fixed issue with "Traveling Bard" travel event.

Fixed issue from 1.1.1 update where saved games with “Trolls Treasure” on the map could not load.

Fixed issue in “Rise of All Goblins” campaign where players could not load after 1.1.1 update.

Fixed issue in which answering the riddles incorrectly in “The Temple of the Elemental Dragon” confounded the app.

Fixed issue when the heroes lost “The Glade of All Illusions,” the app would say they won.

Updated clarification info for Lord Merick Farrow and Belthir.

Fixed issue where Bane Spiders and Razorwings repeated the same activations.

Fixed issue where certain combinations of products would result in the same repeated monster activations. (e.g. Burning)

Fixed issue where Normal difficulty mode was not giving additional gold at start of campaign and was not giving heroes a respite from peril near end of quest.

Fixed Sir Alric Farrow (Lieutenant) activations and clarifications regarding “Overpower.”

Fixed issue where "Grave Robber" travel event could result with heroes having a negative amount of gold.

Corrected various typos.

Hot fix for Load Campaign crash

- Added content of The Chains That Rust expansion

- Added "Names of Nightfall" side quest for The Chains That Rust

- Fixed issue where relics were appearing in shop

- Updated a few monster activations

- Corrected various typos

Note for me: now you can check the hero class chosen in the skill selection tab.

Edited by kraisto

WARNING !!!

Ok guys, this is the major bug in the Kindred Fire release (app V. 1.1.0) . The side quest "Trolls Treasure" is a correlative quest to the Trollfens expansion and need the monsters and tiles from this box. This quest appears even if you do not have the appropriate expansion in the collection tab. So, if you get this quest as a option in the side quests pool and and not own the Trollfens expansion , skip.

For clarification, these are the unique secondary quests of each expansion . They use the monsters and tiles from their respective boxes:

Lair Of The Wyrm (LotW) - Temple of the Elemental Dragon
Labyrinth Of Ruin (LoR) - Demon Hive
The Trollfens (TT) - The Troll's Treasure
Shadow Of Nerekhall (SoN) - The Worst exotic Merriod Inn
Manor of Ravens (MoR) - Smash and Grab
Mists of Bilehall (MoB) - Mad Moriden's Tower
Thank you to Volkren for the previous post.
Edited by kraisto

Windows 10 Pro

Steam Version of the App

Sometimes when a dungeon is completed and the app brings you back to the world map the three buttons on the bottom right for skills, party equipment, and game history are missing. The screen is usually also darkened a bit as if there's a pop-up in the foreground that clearly isn't there. I have to shut the app down and reload the campaign file to get the problem to go away.

In the app when you tap to open the rule book it links to the old rule book and not the most recent one.

What changes were made in the new version of the rules?

What changes were made in the new version of the rules?

Some small clarifications, new appendix, etc.

Edited by kraisto

In the side quest "Prison Break" (I don't remember if this is the exact name), the app continued to ask us to put tiles which it didn't ask us to prepare in advance.

WARNING !!!

Ok guys, this is the major bug in the Kindred Fire release (app V. 1.1.0) . The side quest "Trolls Treasure" is a correlative quest to the Trollfens expansion and need the monsters and tiles from this box. This quest appears even if you do not have the appropriate expansion in the collection tab. So, if you get this quest as a option in the side quests pool and and not own the Trollfens expansion, skip.

Well seems the only way around that is to buy the Trollfens expansion. :angry: ;)

Just lost a side quest after the first kindred fire quest. The app showed me my gold collected, etc, and then it went dark. Closed the app and opened the saved game, and then restarted at the last round. So I kept making it lose our surrender and it keeps going dark. It does not show me the map of quests again. I may need to restart the kindred fire campaign.

The info panel for Agent Belthir says he spends surges on damage, but neither the agent or lieutenant cards for Belthir have those abilities.

Hi, I was playing Rise of the Goblins and got through the tutorial and the first side quest. It took considerable time. Now the app update has made it so the app crashes when I try to load my campaign.

Is there a fix coming to convert a saved campaign for the new app? Or am I out of luck?

Thanks!

Dan

Some problems in the monsters activations:

Bane Spiders and Razorwings - every monster have tons of cool special effects in the activation that are unique for their group , but these two groups are repeating the same activations over and over again without any special caracteristic (bane spiders had several effects with immobilize and razorwings with stun in the previous builds).

Demon Lords - they have tons of special activations for their group, but if you have the Lair of Wyrm expansion in the collection tab, they only use the special activation with the burning condition and nothing else (it is clearly a error in the code) - for the gods of Terrinoth, fix this, because its pretty annoying the monsters acting with the same behavior in every turn and it ends up leaving the game completely predictable, same as above.

Edited by kraisto

Anyone else having trouble with loading saved games? I have two games that were saved on the map and both of these will just show me a black screen (or a map that i cannot click in 1 of 10 loading attempts). My third game is saved during a quest and this loads fine. Running the steam app v1.1.1 on win10. One savegame is from about a week ago, the other from three days (believe this was before the 1.1.1. update)

Hope this gets fixed soon otherwise all our progress is lost.

Addition to my previous post:

Could salvage the kindred fire campaign by adding Trollfens to my expansions (remembered that the troll quest showed up on the map last time we played). Still not able to play the saved RotG campaign, output_log show the following:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at FFG.RtL.RtL_CampaignQuestManager.SpawnQuest (FFG.RtL.CampaignQuestModel model, UnityEngine.Transform spawnTransform) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FFG.RtL.RtL_CampaignQuestManager.SpawnQuest (FFG.RtL.CampaignQuestModel model, Int32 spawnPointIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FFG.RtL.RtL_CampaignQuestManager.SpawnQuest (System.String questId, Int32 spawnPointIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FFG.RtL.RtL_Campaign.SpawnQuest (System.String questId, Int32 spawnPointIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FFG.RtL.RtL_CampaignSerializer.Load (FFG.RtL.SerializedCampaign serializedCampaign) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FFG.RtL.RtL_GameSerializer.Load (FFG.RtL.SerializedGame serializedGame, Scene sceneToLoad) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FFG.RtL.GameData.Load (FFG.RtL.SerializedGame savedGame, Scene sceneToLoad) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FFG.RtL.RtL_LevelLoader+<CoroutineTitlescreenToWorldMap>c__Iterator3C.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The info panel for Agent Belthir says he spends surges on damage, but neither the agent or lieutenant cards for Belthir have those abilities.

is it on the act II version of the card?

is it on the act II version of the card?

No, he's has only a surge for poison if I remember.

I am using the Steam version of the app on a Surface Pro 4. I am finding that it doesn't respond to touch consistently. For example, on the map, I have to use the keyboard touchpad to click on waypoints. It would be nice to not have to use the keyboard to save on tabletop real estate. Thanks!

Bane Spiders and Razorwings - every monster have tons of cool special effects in the activation that are unique for their group , but these two groups are repeating the same activations over and over again without any special caracteristic (bane spiders had several effects with immobilize and razorwings with stun in the previous builds).

Demon Lords - they have tons of special activations for their group, but if you have the Lair of Wyrm expansion in the collection tab, they only use the special activation with the burning condition and nothing else (it is clearly a error in the code) - for the gods of Terrinoth, fix this, because its pretty annoying the monsters acting with the same behavior in every turn and it ends up leaving the game completely predictable, same as above.

If you click the monster icon and choose "info" in the drop down menu, it lists how surges are to be spent. It's true for bane spiders that "cocoon" is a special action though. But in the case of Razor Wings "stun" is a surge effect. Hopefully it will be listed in the info button.

Unfortunately when the monster activation pop up us active, the monster icon is not accessible. And if you click away the monster activation pop up, there is no log of what it said. In terms of game flow I think this is a grave error and part of the reason you may be missing some of the monster special abilities.

I am using the Steam version of the app on a Surface Pro 4. I am finding that it doesn't respond to touch consistently. For example, on the map, I have to use the keyboard touchpad to click on waypoints. It would be nice to not have to use the keyboard to save on tabletop real estate. Thanks!

I have a SP3 and have the same issue. I found that pressing the windows button and then restoring RtL to full screen fixes the issue.

If you click the monster icon and choose "info" in the drop down menu, it lists how surges are to be spent. It's true for bane spiders that "cocoon" is a special action though. But in the case of Razor Wings "stun" is a surge effect. Hopefully it will be listed in the info button.

Unfortunately when the monster activation pop up us active, the monster icon is not accessible. And if you click away the monster activation pop up, there is no log of what it said. In terms of game flow I think this is a grave error and part of the reason you may be missing some of the monster special abilities.

ettins: heroes apply -2 to the might attribute in this activation - this is unique for that monster group.

Until last patch, bane spiders had a group of special effects in activations (example: heroes immobilized cannot roll defence). Now they get only the generic ones, common for the monsters of the same classification (ranged, melee, etc). So, the incidence of the same activations are very high at a point that you can predict the monsters actions and at same time they lose their unique tactics (this is boring :( ).

The demon Lord is another example. The bug withdraw the special characteristic to them screw up heroes with high knowledge and you get the same activation every turn.

Edited by kraisto

I played this via steam on an imac and when I wanted to access the rules via the rule button in the app (while I was in town), a browser opened, but didn't manage to bring me to the rules and I couldn't tap back into the app anymore (only the mouse courser changed when I tried this).

Then I closed the app in the macOS and when I restarted it, I had to enter the town again, got new random items and nothing has been saved.

When I left the town no side-quests would pop up, even if I waited weeks in the town, only the story quest appeared on the map.

There seems to be a pretty big bug in I believe it was the Temple of the Elemental Dragon side quest.

You have to match certain items with certain ethereal warriors, yet the app doesn't process the choices correctly.

I choose to match say "water" with a certain warrior, and the next time "fire" is greyed out in the choice list and "water" is still available.

Big bug.

Goblin campain

prologue, mandatory city visit, merriod side quest, city visit on friday.

And this morning each time i reload my save game the app crash (back to the ipad screen), no error msg.

RtL up to date, Ipad Air 2.

My other save load without problem.

Do you know how to access the file to try to send it to them?

Platform: ipad

O.S.: iOS 9.3.2

Rtl ver: 1.1.1

In the side quest where you have to save spider's eggs (don't remember the name), coming to the last turn the game ask you if all the eggs were put down in the pit (you win) or not (you loose): whichever you click "yes" or "no" the app crash. Also if you surrender/give up the app crashes. Loading the game will resume at the last saved point but the bug still stays on, so you can only delete the game...

Edited by autumnblaze

Big bug.

Goblin campain

prologue, mandatory city visit, merriod side quest, city visit on friday.

And this morning each time i reload my save game the app crash (back to the ipad screen), no error msg.

RtL up to date, Ipad Air 2.

My other save load without problem.

Do you know how to access the file to try to send it to them?

I think i know what happened, i made my game before the 1.1.1, i had the choice between maybe 4 or 5 different side quests. Now when i create a new goblin campain i have only the choice between 2, there is a note in the patch about that. I guess it made my save incompatible with the new version, it is really unfortunate.