Road to Legend Question - Overpower - possible finale spoiler

By Gendalm, in Road to Legend

Hello everybody, we finished somehow the finale of RtL but we were no sure at all about how to apply the activation rule "Overpower" and I would like to kindly ask you to provide your feedback about it.

There are really many issues and I have tried to describe them hereby as simply as I can:

Unclear general description of "Overrun"

1) Both on Steam and Amazon (S&A) the basic rules said: “… Sir Alric tests Might” and “… If Sir Alric Farrow enters a space adjacent to the engaged hero, that hero does not test Might”.

Q1) Who has to test, Alric or the hero ?? This is not clear to me.

Interpretation and activation of "Overrun" rule

2.1) S&A say “each time Sir Alric Farrow enters a space adjacent to a hero “. Among the possible activation actions there are:

2.2) Each hero who test Might and fails during this activation suffer Health equal to his Might. Use “Overpower” to engage the fartherst hero

Q2.1) What about if Sir Alric is already adjacent to the target ?? He won’t do anything ??

Q2.1) Again who has to test, Alric or the hero ??

Additional considerations.

C1) Among the activations there is also “Each hero adjacent to Sir Alric Farrow immediately tests will. Each hero who fails is Stunned”. Maybe it should be like that also for the issue (2) related to Might.

C2.1) Overpower seems could be very straightforward if there is a direct path from Alric (A) to the Target Hero (T) with empty spaces (E) and hero (H) between such in this case:

A E H T -> E A H T -> E H A T

Basically (A) can enter space (E) and exchange with (H) before engaging (T)

However if Alric is already adjacent, he cannot engage the target at all and, as stated in (2.2), it seems he will do nothing.

Thanks to everybody for your time and availability !! :)

Edited by Gendalm

Well, I will try to help.

Sir Alric as lieutenant (lieutenant card in the core box), have the the "Overpower" skill. He test Might, and with a sucess in the attribute check he can move a hero.

Sir Alric as a agent (the card in the lieutenant pack) and only spawn as a peril, has the "Overrun" skill. Work in the same way as "Overpower", but the agent cards dont have any attribute stats, so the skill have a slighty modification - he can simple move the heroes without any test. In RTL, they put a aditional info in the monster description for the Overrun skill work if the hero fail in a might test.

So, in the finale, you confront the Sir Alric "lieutenant" card, with the Overpower skill, hes not use the Overrun skill.

Checked the description on the finale and its a typo. The info for Alric says Overrun, but the description is for the Overpower skill.

Q 2.1) He will attack the target and circle for the others activations (if he have others).

Q 2.2) Its another typo, in overpower, heroes do not test strenght, but in Overrun they need test. I will make a bug report for this.

The logical interpretation for the special activation with Overpower: If Sir Alric succed in the might attribute test, the hero suffer damage equal to his might (or equal to Sir Alric might for a more dangerous effect)

C1.) Its a special activation, works as the description says.

Edited by kraisto

In C2)

You mean that situation at start ? Without any adjacent free space to the target ?

A H T - starting position

He will attack the closest target avaliable or cicle to others activations, but, I make this decision , if he has no other options:

E A H T - starting position --- > move Alric back A E H T ---- > move again to the target and use Overpower skill E A H T --- > E H A T

Edited by kraisto

So, in the finale, you confront the Sir Alric "lieutenant" card, with the Overpower skill, hes not use the Overrun skill.

Checked the description on the finale and its a typo. The info for Alric says Overrun, but the description is for the Overpower skill.

Thank you very much for your help. :)

So, as far as I have understood, the issues are generated by a typo and also by the fact that the app consider the Lieutenant Pack of Alric even if didn't select it. I will report i also in the bugs discussions.

Thanks again. ;)

Thank you very much for your help. :)

So, as far as I have understood, the issues are generated by a typo and also by the fact that the app consider the Lieutenant Pack of Alric even if didn't select it. I will report i also in the bugs discussions.

E A H T - starting position --- > move Alric back A E H T ---- > move again to the target and use Overpower skill E A H T --- > E H A T

Moving back Alric is indeed a feasible solution in this case, but our case was slightly different:

E H/T

A H/T

E E

In abovementioned scheme (with only two heroes), the two heroes are adjacent and, being both identifiable as target (or hero), I see no way how overpower can be useful for Alric. An human overlord would of course make use of it but not the app if I follow the description.

Furthermore there is at least one activation options which cover only “overrun” without even showing the option “attack the closest target” (or similar).

I would suggest to report in the bug section to replace this type of activations (with only overrun) with the following:

Action: If the farthest hero is not adjacent. Use “Overpower” to engage the fartherst hero

Action: If the farthest hero is not adjacent. Use “Overpower” to engage the fartherst hero

Action: attack the closest hero (or the one with higher knowledge)

Moving back Alric is indeed a feasible solution in this case, but our case was slightly different:

E H/T

A H/T

E E

In abovementioned scheme (with only two heroes), the two heroes are adjacent and, being both identifiable as target (or hero), I see no way how overpower can be useful for Alric. An human overlord would of course make use of it but not the app if I follow the description. The intent of overpower/overrun its not only for movement, but cause havoc in the heroes formation

Furthermore there is at least one activation options which cover only “overrun” without even showing the option “attack the closest target” (or similar).

I would suggest to report in the bug section to replace this type of activations (with only overrun) with the following:

Action: attack the closest hero (or the one with higher knowledge)

In the case above, he can use the overpower skill and move to another adjacent space to the target ( target of your choice in a tie) and affect the other adjacent hero. But still only a decision option - by RTL rules , there is no obligation for him to move as he is already enganged with the target .

I agree that he needs more options to cicle and avoid some "innert" activations (use overpower/overrun to engage the farthest hero, but all heroes are adjacent to him in the start of the turn). Example: if the start of the turn hes already engaged with the target (or attack the closest hero), add damage equal to the movement points to Sir Alric attack.

Edited by kraisto

Update

I send a email with the issues for the software support team yesterday and receive this today :o

I have corrected all of the issues you pointed out. You should see these changes in the next update.

Thanks for your help!

Nathan Hajek

Game Developer

Fantasy Flight Games

Thanks again for the FFG team. Awesome job in the software support channel.

I send a email with the issues for the software support team yesterday and receive this today :o

Wow, that was fast, thank you very much for the support !! ;)

Can I also start emailing FFG for other issues such as :

1) Give us another RtL campaign NOW. :D

2) Give us another Warhammer Quest Adventure Card Game quest expansion YESTERDAY. :P

Wow, that was fast, thank you very much for the support !! ;)

Can I also start emailing FFG for other issues such as :

1) Give us another RtL campaign NOW. :D

2) Give us another Warhammer Quest Adventure Card Game quest expansion YESTERDAY. :P

I vote for these too, and for monsters and heroes packs :P

I started play warhammer quest in the last weekend and cannot stop. This game is awesome. Fast setup, easy to play and very challenging. Need more quests, dungeons, loot, monsters, heroes, whatever ... FFG can you bring to us a BIG expansion please? !!! ;)