MacrossVF1s corner of paint and plasticard

By MacrossVF1, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Any more clues? Large ship? Epic?

That ship looks ridiculous! I certainly hope you're right....

23 hours ago, ZealuxMyr said:

Are you building a Tartan-class patrol cruiser ???

latest?cb=20061117031238

I'm workin on it.... :-D

Still not any correct answers. Yeah, I'm kinda enjoying this. :P

It's going to end up as a large ship, somewhere in the size range between the Falcon and the Ghost.

More progress, the rear can be removed from the front, and I've also experimented with a simple hinge...

65L0yqt.jpg

vqXncYO.jpg

Hammer-thing from Rogue One ?

The Star Scavenger from the new Star Wars LEGO show!!!

The Eravana? A bit out of scale for x wing, but it definitely has a hinge...

when I saw the arquitens I fell over! not to mention that all of the others are amazing too, but the light cruiser is something else! Keep up the good work! oh and my guess is a hammer head corvette

Terran Battlecruiser?

bcv1.jpg

752cc19d7ead6f71962af080debf765b.jpg

Edited by Zeoinx
59 minutes ago, Zeoinx said:

Terran Battlecruiser?

bcv1.jpg

752cc19d7ead6f71962af080debf765b.jpg

Oh. Please!

Now I want to scratch build some Starcraft ships...

-DD

Edited by Darth Drago
56 minutes ago, Darth Drago said:

Oh. Please!

Now I want to scratch build some Starcraft ships...

-DD

On 1/20/2018 at 6:37 AM, MacrossVF1 said:

I'm not sure if that's even applicable with this ship. It's supposedly a non-canon ship.

23 hours ago, MacrossVF1 said:

It's going to end up as a large ship, somewhere in the size range between the Falcon and the Ghost.

Pretty much rules out the Hammerhead from Rogue One. The hinge is throwing me off....Ye-4 Gunship maybe?

Is it the Mando Gauntlet ship?! The kind that Maul was using in Rebels?

16 hours ago, ZoraTheHutt said:

The Star Scavenger from the new Star Wars LEGO show!!!

And we have the correct answer! ZoraTheHutt wins a grand total of nothing, but do walk away with the satisfaction of being the first to get it right! :D

Yeah, it's a rather new ship, the StarScavenger from the Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures show. Now obviously I'm not building a perfect scale replica of the Lego model, rather I'm using the Lego model as a guide, and I also use a lot of screen captures of the ship as it looks in the show (there are a number of differences). My intention is to 'Star Wars'-ify the ship in X-wing scale. And yes I know 'Star Wars'-ify isn't a word but it **** well should be!

If all goes well, this should be the world's first 'realistic' Star Scavenger scale model!

Anyway, I've done further experimention with the hinge, the wing and the rear/cargo bay.

v63U4aL.jpg

8NJbzRH.jpg

XkdVJ0e.jpg

EBpGbwE.jpg

Edited by MacrossVF1

I was hoping someone would attempt this ship!

How strange would it be if FFG ended up adding this ship in a future wave? And pilots/crew from that Lego show? I wouldn't mind it at all.

2 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

I was hoping someone would attempt this ship!

How strange would it be if FFG ended up adding this ship in a future wave? And pilots/crew from that Lego show? I wouldn't mind it at all.

That would indeed be cool, if for no other reason than to see how my version compares. I do find it unlikely however, as I suspect Disney won't allow what is essentially advertisement for Lego.

Something I noticed when I started this build is that the ship in the show feature a far bigger rear/cargo bay compared to the Lego model. I suppose it's only natural, the Lego model is probably deliberately kept smaller due to cost concerns.

Anyway, here's a comparison to a Falcon.

W6eTT64.jpg

It's still smaller than that beast, the Ghost.

While it will likely not be very visible, the rear/cargo bay has been made a bit smaller. The wings in particular have been reduced in size quite a bit.

hVDakNB.jpg

Certainly looking like a box kite to me.

:P

Sweet! The Star Scavenger was a great ship. I liked the stock one better than the one with the Arrowhead welded onto it, personally.

The Arrowhead was a sexy fighter design, too, even though it was INSANELY overpowered.

On 2018-01-28 at 2:47 PM, CyCo said:

Certainly looking like a box kite to me.

:P

I had to look up 'box kite' and yes I have to agree with you. :)

1 hour ago, BenderIsGreat said:

Sweet! The Star Scavenger was a great ship. I liked the stock one better than the one with the Arrowhead welded onto it, personally.

The Arrowhead was a sexy fighter design, too, even though it was INSANELY overpowered.

At first I was like, "What is he on about? The Arrowhead is the fighter from R-type!". Then I used google. :D

ehwZbpI.jpg

Currently working on the gun pods. I'm probably going to have to make the barrels shorter before I'm done but they will have to do for now.

7GEsO2W.jpg

xjbTKqj.jpg