MacrossVF1s corner of paint and plasticard

By MacrossVF1, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Erm

Well I've been making And sculpting armour , few props here and there and sets for film projects for the last 8 years

That's why I disappear from time to time and I don't post any thing for long period's.

I won't go into long details.

But here is my website, listed a few films on there over the years.

http://barryharker.co.uk/

I offerd my services to ken as I think his work is fantastic.

And other people could benefit from his talent.

I'm due to disappear again in the next week on another big

Project

But will try and keep in touch on the forum.

Take care and all the best

Barry

Oh Ken,

Keep up the great work.

It is a real pleasure looking in on your work.

You are defiantly industry standard.

All the best

Barry.

Wow, that's bloody impressive work (though the site didn't work with Firefox. Strange...)! And if you are claiming my stuff to be industry standard, well I'm going to take that as truth and a huge compliment! Take note however, my ego might get so big it becomes explosive! :D

" I work in the Film industry making Armour and Props.

So do that sort of thing all the time "

No Way! that's so cool! what do you do?

Erm

Well I've been making And sculpting armour , few props here and there and sets for film projects for the last 8 years

That's why I disappear from time to time and I don't post any thing for long period's.

But here is my website, listed a few films on there over the years.

http://barryharker.co.uk/

Project

Barry

Oh Ken,

Keep up the great work.

All the best

Barry.

Thats fantastic work! and Merlin.... I love that show! :D

" I work in the Film industry making Armour and Props.

So do that sort of thing all the time "

No Way! that's so cool! what do you do?

Erm

But here is my website, listed a few films on there over the years. http://barryharker.co.uk/

Project

Barry

Oh Ken,

Keep up the great work.

All the best

Barry.

Very nice work! Way back when, I found out there's a big difference in building as a hobby and building as a job. The job is not neatly as much fun as the hobby though it pays better. My hats off to you and all the guys that do practical effects. A deadline for the completion of a model for a contest has no comparison to a deadline for a commission. It'll be a very cold day in the Underworld before I do another one. There's not enough TUMS in the world!

Macross, there's a technique I picked years ago for sanding seams that may be of use if you haven't heard of it. It uses three colors of primer, like grey, white and black laid down in that order. When you're sanding out the seam how the two lowest colors are revealed will show you any high or low spots. I've found this to be useful when doing long seams or over mounting pins where the plastic might have shrunk.

I can't take credit for this one. Picked this up from a car guy. Paint jobs on 1/24 scale vehicles has to be flawless.

You do such nice work it's kind of intimidating to us mere mortals. ;-) i can't wait to see what this beast looks like in color.

And now, for the moment you have all waited for... The Arquitens-class light cruiser!

Now I'll be the first to admit that the quality of these pictures are not up to my usual standard but the size makes things difficult.

The paint job itself isn't really anything special, the ship has specifically been painted to look similar to the Raider and Gozanti. Other than that it is supposed to represent a ship that has seen a decent amount of service patrolling the space lanes but haven't been involved in much action.

uc?export=download&id=1IfO2eSr-_kDA_14z2

uc?export=download&id=1kw_76Krt1NNta7qP1

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates

10/10 would buy

That is some sexy, SEXY business, right there.

And now, for the moment you have all waited for... The Arquitens-class light cruiser!

Now I'll be the first to admit that the quality of these pictures are not up to my usual standard but the size makes things difficult.

The paint job itself isn't really anything special, the ship has specifically been painted to look similar to the Raider and Gozanti. Other than that it is supposed to represent a ship that has seen a decent amount of service patrolling the space lanes but haven't been involved in much action.

ArquitensFin1.jpg

ArquitensFin2.jpg

ArquitensFin3.jpg

ArquitensFin4.jpg

WOWZERS!

:lol: :D ^_^

BOO%252520TOPIC%252520GOOD%252520POST.pn

giphy.gif

Freaking Awesome!!

I love:

A) your models and repaints

B) your modesty. After presenting an incredibly incredible, hand built and unique ship you apologise for poor photography and say the paint job is not up to scratch. Friend, if I had produced a model of that quality I'd post an image, drop my mic and drown in the sea of panties that are no doubt being thrown your way.

I love:

B) your modesty. After presenting an incredibly incredible, hand built and unique ship you apologise for poor photography and say the paint job is not up to scratch. Friend, if I had produced a model of that quality I'd post an image, drop my mic and drown in the sea of panties that are no doubt being thrown your way.

If only that last bit with the thrown female underwear had been true. I'm seriously laughing my ass off here. :lol:

I love:

If only that last bit with the thrown female underwear had been true. I'm seriously laughing my ass off here. :lol:

To be fair, he said panties. He didn't say it was women wearing or throwing them...

On topic, this is amazing work. Truly staggering.

I love:

To be fair, he said panties. He didn't say it was women wearing or throwing them...

True, but I prefer to think of it that way. I dare not imagine the alternative. :blink:

Macross I'm blown away by the quality both of your painting and card work. I now feel that my own card work projects are amateurish by comparison.

That said I have all the equipment and know how to do professional grade injection molded resin casting, if you ever want to make a mold of any of your pieces and sell copies of it I'd be happy to help out. I'm sure you'd have a fair amount of demand and while I know you don't make these beauties for money alone it helps to be rewarded for your labor. Nothing would be damaged in molding as well. So yeah if you ever need help with this give me a shout out.

Here's my current plasticard x-wing project: http://the-autoforge.blogspot.com/2016/01/interdictor-cruiser-wip-30.html

A-MA-ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoa.......

....I....want....one....

Mac, I wish you would stop posting pictures in this thread. You're embarrassing a lot of people. ;-) Myself included.

That's one very nice hunk of plastic! How long and wide is it? Could you throw a Tie in one shot for scale reference?

(Head shake) Anybody want to buy a lot of paint and used brushes?

Ok that's it. Macross you need to hand over at least .5% of your skill to those of us that are simply, not worthy of posting paint jobs on these forums. Seriously dude, you possess way to much skills.

:wub:

A very clean finish. Congratulations!

Macross I'm blown away by the quality both of your painting and card work. I now feel that my own card work projects are amateurish by comparison.

That said I have all the equipment and know how to do professional grade injection molded resin casting, if you ever want to make a mold of any of your pieces and sell copies of it I'd be happy to help out. I'm sure you'd have a fair amount of demand and while I know you don't make these beauties for money alone it helps to be rewarded for your labor. Nothing would be damaged in molding as well. So yeah if you ever need help with this give me a shout out.

Here's my current plasticard x-wing project: http://the-autoforge.blogspot.com/2016/01/interdictor-cruiser-wip-30.html

Thanks for the offer. Now while I'm not terribly interested in casting this ship, it might come up in the future. Perhaps more importantly, unlike me, you seem to know what resin casting is all about. Just one of my many questions on the subject, wouldn't a ship of this size be prohibitively heavy?

Mac, I wish you would stop posting pictures in this thread. You're embarrassing a lot of people. ;-) Myself included.

That's one very nice hunk of plastic! How long and wide is it? Could you throw a Tie in one shot for scale reference?

(Head shake) Anybody want to buy a lot of paint and used brushes?

The ship is about 50cm long, 20cm wide and 10cm high. Photos of other ships will be added, can't be believe I forgot about that.

Ok that's it. Macross you need to hand over at least .5% of your skill to those of us that are simply, not worthy of posting paint jobs on these forums. Seriously dude, you possess way to much skills.

:wub:

What? No! I need those skills! How else am I supposed to maintain my edge over the rest of you plebeians. :P

Mac, I think you could give away 50% of your ability and still have a strong lead over us plebes. I'm beginning to think that you could throw a ship into a plastic bag, add some paint and pour out a well painted model. No shaking required!

ArquitensFin1.jpg

ArquitensFin2.jpg

ArquitensFin3.jpg

ArquitensFin4.jpg

Beautiful ship! Pretty sure you won the internet with this one. :)

Abosolutly amazing!!

A bit late I suppose but here are the promised comparison pictures.

ynwyGPz.jpg

SqaRjJH.jpg

Edited by MacrossVF1
Link updates