On to the Break of Dawn - Discuss the Set IV Card of the Day Here!

By ffgjaffer, in Traverse Town

WOOHOO!!! PIRATES AT LAST!! YAR!!!

Aye, Maester Dawn, I am now pump'd once again. After a long, hard day at work, then college, 'n nonstop 7 hours of tutorin, I am SO happy to see today's card of the day, especially knowin PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN is comin out sooner than I anticipated!!

I must admit, I'm finally glad to see a higher level'd friend card with the search ability. Ironic as it may be, my friend nail'd it on the head by statin 'Naw, really? A blacksmith find you equipment?' :P Even more ironic, Kiro mentions the very same statement. So certainly, I do have to say that this set is lookin up in my eyes.

Now, to finally build my Pirates deck. I've so far 5 or so cards to work with. All I need to do is wait for this set to be released, 'n I'll be set (no pun intended).

YAR!! C| ;)

You think Luxord would make it into card of the day, or even the set?

He's that card-loving gambler in Organization XIII

Not sure about the card of the day but I know he is a card though since timeless mickey is in this set i assume Luxord is too since he came out with that card.

But Ima guess the next card will be something on the lines of Support but not in the terms of friends but like Equipment and/or ability stuff.

If the Organization XIII are all Player Cards like Xaldin that would be fantastic. I want to use Luxord as a player card, challenge my opponent into a game of time.

Lock has to be a sweet as card. It helps search out Villians like Oggie which is a great help to both Aggro and Dark that wish to stall the WR. He has decent power too, so he'a pretty cool addition.

Aw, snaps. Lock is good. Kinda a Aquatank for Oogie, really, cept better. I will definitely be seein this card quite useful in many decks, especially dark decks.

Well i like will search for an equip^_^ . lock makes me wonder what shock and barrel do bostezo.gif Maybe an increse in oggies POW?

Also guys i have heard that some timeless card reduces equip support to ZERO which would completly screw over xaldin...

Now Lock is a darn good Dark Card if ya ask me.

Being able to potentially drop an Oogie on their first world is amazingly good stall tactics.

...Aaaaand WR gets worse. lol.

Well if you think about it, this actually puts aggro back on par a little bit, along with giving Dark at least a fighting chance. Too bad Dark Heartless/Villians and Nobodies can't be used together or it would be a really good tactic for Xaldin.

Edit: Totally take that back, after reading. Lock would be great of a Xaldin deck since Dark Heartless/Villians cards can be used, just not as friends.

Roxas said:

Well if you think about it, this actually puts aggro back on par a little bit

I meant "WR gets worse" as in, WR is going to be gimped even more than it already is..."worse" meaning bad. Aggro/Control is very much the dominant deck type right now...at least...it should be.

sweet halloween town characters rock. Hopefully every villain will get a card like this to help them out. I'm an aggro guy so gimping world rush is fine with me. Its curious that the art on the cards is going to change from hand drawn concept art to the 3D game renders...

WayToTheDawn said:

Roxas said:

Well if you think about it, this actually puts aggro back on par a little bit

I meant "WR gets worse" as in, WR is going to be gimped even more than it already is..."worse" meaning bad. Aggro/Control is very much the dominant deck type right now...at least...it should be.

Yes, I do agree with that sir, but that wasn't the appoarch I wished to look at it from. Aggro has always been gimped since it was very hard to have a win ratio with an aggro deck that was higher than a wr (from my experience) . Lock and Auron are definitely going to break that gimp. WR only gets gimped with a control matchup (or another racer) and even then it's a trip to keep them locked up (once again from my experience, it might be differently said in your meta game).

Granted that Set 2 gave us Soul Eater, Destiny Islands and Jack and Set 3 Sephiroth, The King, Phil, Pinocchio, and Monstro (to name a few from each set), but it never really gave aggro an edge since their would be cards to counter most of the cards.

My personal feelings for the matter are that if Auron was the first card to be shown, there has to be a more powerful card waiting to be released.

I would also like to see a more powerful Sora to put him on par with Riku before Drive Forms.

darn they already f'd up the next set...thier not called "Spears' thier called lances....idoits...JK

Duuuuuuude! LOCK! LOCK ON TARGET THIS CARD IS RADICAL DUUUUDE! Just need one lv3 jack on the field and you could get an oogie on there first world card even if its a lv1! Even though i know someone probably said that I just still want to say it either way!

BDC: Technically they didnt but I know what you mean cause in the game and such they say lances. But they count as spears too cause Xaldin throws them so there like SPANCES! lmao

Ah, wonderful! It is certainly great to see the Sea Neon once again, especially when combined with Shelterin Zone. It's new endless ammount can cause world runners to halt in multiple ways now, 'n certainly help a dark deck with reachin a lockdown without hesitation. This will cause many decks to change a bit when wantin to put a stop on attack cards, certainly.

While I think a lot of people will not like this card, I certainly have a home waitin for it in my decks. C| ;)

though im sad the card of the day couldnt have been something new i do like the sea neons new effect if more dark cards, even old ones, come out with this effect dark decks will have a much easier time getting through the levels in their decks, imagine putting this effect on bouncy wild. if i did run these guys in a dark deck, say i use 5, could i have five out at one time?

Hey alright!

Sheltering Zone makes sense now!

....and that's about it for the new Sea Neon....

bostezo.gif

agreed...Sheltering Zone still takes too much set up to be competitive.

Glad to see Sheltering Zone makes more sense but in it actually isnt that great to throwed down many heartless on a world when someone could just run away unless tis a dark deck light players would have so many dark cards to throw them down and not get screwed with have no more dark cards lol. Though sad to say that wont be the only reprint lol cause if they made a new card layout there are gonna be many reprints lol.

So that explains the 4 on Sheltering Zone. I want Roxas! Show me nowz!!!!

Roxas is a wierd card though I cant say what it will say cause I feel they will edit him from what I read and attempted at translating about, but never the less I cant wait till he comes out cause I am gonna be using him now matter how badly he might suck lol

Why do you all want to use me? I feel so unloved T_T

Dont you mean you feel loved? Cause everyone wants to use you? lol

To be used, or to not be used. That is the question.

...or is it?

Kiro13 said:

Dont you mean you feel loved? Cause everyone wants to use you? lol

Not in the sense of a girl using you to her own benefit, which is both a problem for me in the here and now (rl) and the joke. lol