Available Soon

By kaosoe, in General Discussion

I hope that their request is a joke... They are only offering $10 per hour for all that responsibility. $10 per hour sounds more like prep cook at a diner. I think the stock guys at my grocery store make $10 per hour.

Well, advertise on a gaming site for a cook, and every wanna be Casey Ryback is going to apply...

Plus, working for a board game/RPG company is not a well paid job, regardless of your position.

I hope that their request is a joke... They are only offering $10 per hour for all that responsibility. $10 per hour sounds more like prep cook at a diner. I think the stock guys at my grocery store make $10 per hour.

If you note, that's just a "base" pay. That lingo means they are willing to pay more. If a chef walks in the door who also loves to play board and RPGs, they are going to offer much more.

Base pay is the same thing as regular pay. Overtime, bonuses, etc. would be on top of that.

OMG who works for 10$ per hour?

And then I remember where I live.

Minimum wage in the US is still $7.25 an hour. Depending on the cost of living in their area of MN, $10 an hour might be decent. Dunno if $20k a year is livable in that area of the country.

Edited by Ineti

$10 is a bit low for the job duties though. I'm a Resturant Manager myself, and our line cooks get paid $10 an hour and have far fewer responsibilities than the "head cook" that FFG is trying to hire.

So who's up making bets? :ph34r: Just kidding. I was hoping for Monday(s) being the day its released, but it seems (from the last update) that perhaps a Friday is more likely? Tomorrow? I hope so. I'm willing to bet all my shares in Vacuum For All Inc, plus some of the shares I have in Null & Void Partners.

Are we not sure that FFG will instead rush copies over to Seattle for PAX Prime this weekend, delaying the online sale further :P

Are we not sure that FFG will instead rush copies over to Seattle for PAX Prime this weekend, delaying the online sale further :P

Actually I would approve of this course of action. I might be able to go to PAX this year (or at the very least have some friends who are going). I would buy the hell out of any upcoming books at PAX for sure!

I would be so mad just because there was a big push this year to send me to PAX for my job this year but it didn't get approved in the budget.

I'm not saying that I would be like, mad at FFG. Just mad at the world. I want to book ;_;.

I'm not saying that I would be like, mad at FFG. Just mad at the world. I want to book ;_;.

Well, hopefully you'll be mad - I just got my ticket to Pax from a coworker! Now all I need is for FFG to show up and I'm golden!

. . .anyone know if FFG is going to be there? :)

Got mine from ebay 2 days ago...paid 80 for it. dont care, I love it and since im married got some extra cash to spend since I just paid off the car :)

Book looks great and I am looking into getting a game in this weekend so I can start sending in that much needed feedback!

So my FLGS was having a sale on select merchandise. I came in today looking to get a copy of the beginners box for 40% off to gift to a buddy, and I saw a copy of the AoR beta book behind the counter laying on some other merchandise.

I saw that it had a price tag on it, but I assumed that they were just holding onto it until they were ready to sell it. I made an off-hand comment about how I've been looking forward to getting my hands on the beta. They guy behind the counter offered to sell it to me.

So now I am pleased to finally get my hand on a copy of the AoR beta.

If they are still on the boat its time for the drum beaters to beat faster so those oar men row faster...

... or we will have to find new ways to motivate them. :lol:

I would just like the chance to get the book and actually try out the changes.

This time last year I had the beta in hand (shipped on the 21st) and organized a game/character creation for that weekend.

I wasn't the most active person on the forums (you know who you are Jegergryte and a few others), but enjoyed giving some feedback and reading the dicussions.

Mid November will be here way too fast, and the earliest we'll see it shipping is Sept 3rd.

That is hoping they list it over the weekend, or on Tuesday, and start shipping the same day.

So hopefully next week's Esdevium Games Release should include the AoR Beta then?

By the way if you live in or near Braintree and are looking for an extra set of dice for this as well as edge of the empire books the comic shop in town had 2... had because I bought one now if only I can find someplace that sells the star wars ships... the Hawk one appears out of stock but then I guess the AoR Beta should come first anyway!

I called up my FLGS. I bought my EotE Beta book from them not long after it was released. The store owner/manager didn't answer the phone, but one of his many part-time workers (probably a mini or card gamer in hindsight, sorry if I inflame anyone). He didn't know what he was talking about. At least I hope so. I asked when they were getting the AoR Beta books in and he said last time it was around a year after GenCon and chuckled at me. I said, no, no, not the full release, the Beta book. He said they don't get those, you should try ordering direct from the company. I started to say, listen buddy I bought the beta book from your store last time, you don't know what you are talking about, and are going to lose business for your employer, but decided otherwise. The owner/manager is great, when the flag goes up I will give them one last call and hope he answers before ordering online since I like to support the only good shop left in my area.

I called up my FLGS. I bought my EotE Beta book from them not long after it was released. The store owner/manager didn't answer the phone, but one of his many part-time workers (probably a mini or card gamer in hindsight, sorry if I inflame anyone). He didn't know what he was talking about. At least I hope so. I asked when they were getting the AoR Beta books in and he said last time it was around a year after GenCon and chuckled at me. I said, no, no, not the full release, the Beta book. He said they don't get those, you should try ordering direct from the company. I started to say, listen buddy I bought the beta book from your store last time, you don't know what you are talking about, and are going to lose business for your employer, but decided otherwise. The owner/manager is great, when the flag goes up I will give them one last call and hope he answers before ordering online since I like to support the only good shop left in my area.

It's the same story with my FLGS, they're mostly comic books and board games. Though anytime I ask them about RPG stuff they don't either respond or order the stuff in.

I still don't get why we can't order the book if somebody else already was able to buy it in his game store... makes no sense. FFG is being way different about it this year.

I still don't get why we can't order the book if somebody else already was able to buy it in his game store... makes no sense. FFG is being way different about it this year.

Probably because the copy he bought had been bought from Gencon - they haven't shipped it to stores for retail yet.

Probably because the copy he bought had been bought from Gencon - they haven't shipped it to stores for retail yet.

Exactly. A friend of mine was quite surprised to learn that her local FLGS had picked up a couple copies at GenCon, and knowing that she was a Star Wars RPG fan, let her know they had such copies.

So any updates on a release date?

Seems a mite strange they aren't saying anything as this is their website message boards...

So any updates on a release date?

Seems a mite strange they aren't saying anything as this is their website message boards...

You'll rarely see anyone from FFG post on these boards. Heck, in most cases you'll rarely see anyone from the parent company post on that company's official forums. Given how capricious and whiny gamers can be as a whole, they probably steer clear of the forums for their own mental well-being.

When it's ready for sale, there will be an announcement on FFG's main page, and that's probably it.