By kaosoe, in General Discussion

The status for the beta book recently changed to "Available Soon"

My body is ready.

Edited by kaosoe

My body is ready.

my_body_is_ready.png

How soon is now?

Prob next week from what I been hearing or seeing....2 weeks possible. When mark Larsen emailed me about it when I asked...he stated a few weeks to check back.

Now. You're looking at now, sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now.

What happened to then?

We passed then.

When?

Just now. We're at now now.

Go back to then.

When?

Now.

Now?

Now.

I can't.

Why?

We missed it.

When?

Just now.

When will then be now?

Soon.

How soon?

I just can't help feeling pissed off. People already have it and the rest of us that didn't go to gencon get to sit here and wait. I just don't think it's fair to their fans.

I just can't help feeling pissed off. People already have it and the rest of us that didn't go to gencon get to sit here and wait. I just don't think it's fair to their fans.

It is even worse for their retail partners. I was speaking to one of them earlier in the week and they just got the announcement in the distributor publication this month, and have had no information about the beta at all.

It is even worse for their retail partners. I was speaking to one of them earlier in the week and they just got the announcement in the distributor publication this month, and have had no information about the beta at all.

My local store didn't get the Elder Sign expansion or the Edge of the Empire book for a month after they came out, I had to go find a store that somehow actually got them. I don't get how they think this is good business.

This was the exact same situation as last year when EotE came out, except those at GenCon that attended the InFlight Report seminar got a free copy of the EotE Beta, rubbing even more salt in the wound.

And considering the costs of badges and rooms and transportation, those of us that got our copies at GenCon have paid dearly for the "privilege" of having the book in our hands right now.

Stop selling the Beta already...just fill that slot with a great adventure for EoTe or xwing and include the beta for free. You'll gain more fans and people will preach how awesome you all are. I mean do you really need $20 for that book lol, you'll earn more sales and create a broader deeper base of customers who see value in this amazing brand. Your cross promotion with Xwing and LCG is just sick...but i think your failing at exploiting it.

This was the exact same situation as last year when EotE came out, except those at GenCon that attended the InFlight Report seminar got a free copy of the EotE Beta, rubbing even more salt in the wound.

And considering the costs of badges and rooms and transportation, those of us that got our copies at GenCon have paid dearly for the "privilege" of having the book in our hands right now.

That's cool and all, but you got to go to Gencon. I mean, that in itself is pretty awesome and a lot more fun than what I did that weekend. Regardless of where they sold it, they still sold it. It's printed and ready to go, so from the information I have there is no reason we shouldn't at least have a date as to when we can buy it. If there is a problem that is preventing that, then they should tell us. The best thing a company can do is communicate with their customers.

Stop selling the Beta already...just fill that slot with a great adventure for EoTe or xwing and include the beta for free. You'll gain more fans and people will preach how awesome you all are. I mean do you really need $20 for that book lol, you'll earn more sales and create a broader deeper base of customers who see value in this amazing brand. Your cross promotion with Xwing and LCG is just sick...but i think your failing at exploiting it.

As much as that WOULD be awesome, it still costs money to print. Also, it's a great way to get paid for an unfinished project and not have to pay for beta testers themselves. It's greedy, yeah, but we still want it and pay for it.

My body is ready.

5b6.gif

Edited by Desslok

That is mildly disturbing.

This is why game companies shouldn't offer release dates. They should just keep things on the DL and surprise the fans.

And then they can sit back and read the "They didn't tell us this was coming!!" rants. No win scenario. ;)

This is why game companies shouldn't offer release dates. They should just keep things on the DL and surprise the fans.

And then they can sit back and read the "They didn't tell us this was coming!!" rants. No win scenario. ;)

In this case I don't think it's the release date thats angering people, it's the lack of one. People are annoyed because the game has been sold to a small group of people, but the rest are having to wait with no idea when it will be released.

Currently a small group of players are inside the gamestore playing the game, while the vast majority are outside with their faces pressed against the windows watching forlornly from the snowy street, with no idea when they'll be let in out of the cold.

As importantly, it's those few fortunates who are able to offer first-hand, primary-source-informed feedback and thus influence the design of the final version of AoR...

Prob next week from what I been hearing or seeing....2 weeks possible. When mark Larsen emailed me about it when I asked...he stated a few weeks to check back.

That's the reply I got too, prior to GenCon. So hopefully it's cliser than we think.

My local store didn't get the Elder Sign expansion or the Edge of the Empire book for a month after they came out, I had to go find a store that somehow actually got them. I don't get how they think this is good business.

Retailers usually buy from a distributor, not directly from FFG. If the retailer didn't buy copies in time for release, that's hardly FFG's fault.

Currently a small group of players are inside the gamestore playing the game, while the vast majority are outside with their faces pressed against the windows watching forlornly from the snowy street, with no idea when they'll be let in out of the cold.

Going for high drama much? There are greater inequalities in life than having to wait two more weeks to get a luxury item.

That is mildly disturbing.

Mildly?

Going for high drama much? There are greater inequalities in life than having to wait two more weeks to get a luxury item.

My wife takes about First World problems. That looks like one to me.

Sorry for dumb question, but will this be sold through local gaming stores and online stores, or just ffg's web store? Thanks.

If it follows the pattern of the last Beta , they will be sold in retail stores as well.

...and if anything, selling copies at GenCon rewards the fans as opposed to disenfranchising them. Manufacturers have been rushing a few cases of new products to "the big con" for decades. It's part of what makes conventions of that scale exciting.

Words right outta my mouth. I don't get the want-rage. I mean, I want, but I'm happy the game exists and more is coming.

If they tossed one in for Star Wars LCG set 1 I'd snap it up in a heartbeat. I've been deciding which one I want more and so far AoR is ahead.