What we know so far...

By S.A.Harris, in General Discussion

This seems very geared towards the Rebellion (duh, it's called Age of Rebellion). I just hope that there is plenty of material for those on the Empire side. Some of my best games were played where the PCs started out Empire and then later defected!

While the GSA preview suggests that being geared towards the Rebellion is entirely by design, nothing about it struck me as something that couldn't simply be "mirror-flipped" for an Imperial campaign, despite GSA's remark about stuff needing to be adapted.

How much information is in there about bases and headquarters? I know that it is an option at creation to select one instead of a ship, but does it go into stats/options/building tools or simply a discussion like in the EotE core rules?

No hard and fast stats. The intent is, I am sure, for players and GM to sit down and discuss things and then arrive at narrative solutions for the base that are appropriate for the location and situation you find yourselves in.

I suppose if you must have them you could adapt the starship statistics in a fairly reasonable and easy way.

Good, then I won't have to worry about tripping up over some detail I haven't read yet. :)

Thank you Fiddleback.

FYI, in the FSEm thread, there's additional detail on the official beta version of Enhance and it seems a bit different than described. Mostly, it seems to focus on enhancing specific skills, but if you get far enough down, you can temporarily boost Brawn or Agility. No mention of other attributes, although Force Leap is called out as an explicit ability.

FYI, in the FSEm thread, there's additional detail on the official beta version of Enhance and it seems a bit different than described. Mostly, it seems to focus on enhancing specific skills, but if you get far enough down, you can temporarily boost Brawn or Agility. No mention of other attributes, although Force Leap is called out as an explicit ability.

EldritchFire posted a link to an image of the Enhance Power Tree . Looks good.

It is one big power tree for enhancing skills and either Brawn or Agility eventually. Not to mention leaping around like an amped up Lepi.

It is one big power tree for enhancing skills and either Brawn or Agility eventually. Not to mention leaping around like an amped up Lepi.

Actually, the far right-hand side has the Force Leap power. The first Control upgrade gives you the ability to spend a Light Side point to leap horizontally out to short range. The second power upgrade lets you leap vertically. And the last upgrade lets you do it as a maneuver instead of an action. There is also one Range upgrade.

-EF

Actually, the far right-hand side has the Force Leap power. The first Control upgrade gives you the ability to spend a Light Side point to leap horizontally out to short range. The second power upgrade lets you leap vertically. And the last upgrade lets you do it as a maneuver instead of an action. There is also one Range upgrade.

-EF

Hence my comment about leaping around like an amped up Lepi. :)

Very pleased with the Force powers.

Is there a chance of any of you kind beta-having souls giving us unwashed masses some picture peeks at the other non-duplicate AoR specialization talent trees and Foresee force power? I suppose I can just wait until the book is in my hands in a few weeks ... but patience is so very painful.

I would love to! Unfortunately, my copy is still with my CorSec officer at GenCon. I asked for pics of the new Force stuff, so that's all I have. I won't have the book in my hands until Wednesday, I believe.

-EF

As I said in the other thread, I'd watch out about posting pictures of the rules, for the same reason FFG requested people to take down the pictures/photocopies of the talent trees from EotE - public distribution isn't the same as private use.

Yeah, that's why I referenced the power, but didn't explicitly call out that there was a file... :)

Can anyone with the book comment on some of the new talents?

Any idea why there's been so little feedback even with Fiddleback's help?

Any idea why there's been so little feedback even with Fiddleback's help?

Probably because only people at GenCon have gotten their hands on it. They are probably too busy to really do anything but look at it so far. And even less time to come on here and go on and on about it. After the weekend is over, I imagine we will start to see more on it. Also, once it is available for purchase more people will comment.

Have book, will answer specific questions

no pics, don't ask

T

Exactly how is the range upgrade on forsee force power thought to work? :blink:

The first control upgrade in foresee allows you add force rating to initiative rolls and trade light side points for Advan. one for one.

Magnitude ranks allows you to effects allies in engaged range.

RANGE ranks allow you to effect allies at farther bands.

T

Edited by khaine1969

That makes more sense to me.

Would be interesting to get a more detailed view on Duty, how it works and it's game mechanics if you (or someone else) have the time to give a more detailed explanation on that subject.

like how much duty do you get from adventures and more specific what could it give you that would be hard or otherwise impossible to obtain ?

ok briefly

duty starts at 0, may buy it up at character creation at 1 to 1. At the beginning of the session the GM rolls duty total for the party( like obligation) if it triggers all players get +1 WOUND threshold and the specific player gets +2. If doubles are rolled this doubles the bonus.

In the GM section it states that duty can gain 1-10 points per session/mission based on contribution and solely the call of the GM.

When your parties total duty reaches 100, you gain a contribution rank, and a reward and your duty resets to 0

The reward can be a free piece of equipment per player(rarity 3+contribution rank), A ship, or a one use strategic asset (use of a cruiser, strike team, hidden base/safehouse, etc)

so to answer some peoples question, you could use duty and obligation characters in the same party and both could trigger at the same time.

T

Does it say one way or the other whether the same character can have both duty and obligation? Han Solo and Lando both likely had both. Heck, Luke has a bounty on his head after the battle of Yavin...

I agree totally, but the answer is no, not a single word about obligation anywhere in the beta. I would guess that it will be covered in a section on mixing games in the full book.

T

Heck, Luke has a bounty on his head after the battle of Yavin...

That one would probably fall under drawing the attention of the empire through increasing duty.

khaine, can you give us a sense for new talents? Is there a lot of new stuff, for example? And do new talents break new ground, are are they comparable to existing talents.

I haven't done a breakdown, but in EotE, it seems like at least 50% of the talents boil down to a reroll, ignoring setback dice, or adding boost dice. I'm most interested in hearing about some of the new talents that do other stuff.

By the way, thanks for the info you've already provided, and, in advnace, for additional info.

khaine, can you give us a sense for new talents? Is there a lot of new stuff, for example? And do new talents break new ground, are are they comparable to existing talents.

I haven't done a breakdown, but in EotE, it seems like at least 50% of the talents boil down to a reroll, ignoring setback dice, or adding boost dice. I'm most interested in hearing about some of the new talents that do other stuff.

By the way, thanks for the info you've already provided, and, in advnace, for additional info.

Most of the trees use the same talents reworked into different order, and several of the trees are very similar to others( like the quartermaster is a lot like the trader)

Most of the talents themselves follow the same vein....add boost dice, remove setback dice, etc.altho a couple kinda stand out as being fun and interesting.

For instance the saboteur has access to a couple of cool ones like "time to go" which allows you to spend a destiny point to treat a move as an incidental to be used to escape a blast radius, and "selective detonation" which allows you to exclude one ally per rank within a blast area from the damage. Commandos have one called "unstoppable" which allows them to totally ignore a critical hit if the total roll is a 1 or reduced to a 1 (thru use of ranks in durable and the like). Their are others but you get the idea.

Thanks!

One more question: The initial review noted that there was a 20th talent tree, Military Training, that could be taken by anyone. Your comment in another thread seems to imply that this was changed, and that the tree doesn't actually exist.True?