What we know so far...

By S.A.Harris, in General Discussion

Apparently Duty is the new obligation.

Looks like Bothan and Droid and probably human will be repeated races. Sullustan, Mon Calamari, Duros, Ithorians, and Gran will be new races.

We also seem to be getting the Force-Sensitive Emergant as the force using specilization.

Looks like Bothan and Droid and probably human will be repeated races. Sullustan, Mon Calamari, Duros, Ithorians, and Gran will be new races.

Duros! AWESOME

I am assuming Duros...that is what it looks like in their mock-up page spread.

Ace Pilot has a Talent Tree, as per the fanned image.

I wonder how the Force Sensitive Emergent will be compared to the FS Exile.

Also, we now know that I will most likely not finish my masters thesis in time for the November deadline. **** you FFG. :ph34r:

Ace Pilot has a Talent Tree, as per the fanned image.

AHHH Good catch!

Also, we now know that I will most likely not finish my masters thesis in time for the November deadline. **** you FFG. :ph34r:

I would imagine it is meant to be a closer to a Luke Origin versus some exile in hiding.

The GSA will have a post in a few hours (I'm writing it now...patience) that will answer a few of these questions. I'll announce it here when it is up.

I would imagine it is meant to be a closer to a Luke Origin versus some exile in hiding.

Well, that much is obvious, but I'm wondering about talents, potential force rating (here I'm pretty sure they'll keep it to a max of 2, perhaps 3 since you could combine it with Exile from EotE), new/extended force powers. That stuff. I'm excited. I'm supposed to be preparing for a session tomorrow, but now I'm all giddy and can't focus. FOCUS!

Am I the only one just wanting more information for Imperials???

Honestly I'd be surprised if you couldn't use at least 70% of the book for either side. As "ragtag" as the rebellion seems a lot of it's members are either loaners from sympathetic planetary armies or imperials that defected. EOTE already has us covered for reluctant, unlikely, heroes, now we're getting the disiplined, well-trained badasses.

Am I the only one just wanting more information for Imperials???

Only Imperials? Yes, you probably are. MOSTLY Imperials... then you are not alone.

Honestly I'd be surprised if you couldn't use at least 70% of the book for either side. As "ragtag" as the rebellion seems a lot of it's members are either loaners from sympathetic planetary armies or imperials that defected. EOTE already has us covered for reluctant, unlikely, heroes, now we're getting the disiplined, well-trained badasses.

That's what I'm thinking. We'll probably be able to apply many of the classes, etc, with a little creativity. That said, I was definitely hoping for some dedicated Imperial material!

I agree that the Careers/Specilizations are probably generic (titles) enough to be used by either side. They will could each have a specilization breakdown like this:

1. Rebellion
  2. Independent
  3. Empire

Although that might limit the options for inside career additional specilizations. I assume that the differences would be in "fluff" and "gear/ships" instead of a "crunchy" talent difference. There could of course be exceptions to that rule though.

It does show an Ace Pilot tree. I figure that would work for either side.

I'd love to do an Imperial Campaign, so I hope this book can support such stories.

Do the book mentions how a character transitions from Obligation to Duty?

Or how to handle groups that includes both Obligation and Duty?

Do the book mentions how a character transitions from Obligation to Duty?

Or how to handle groups that includes both Obligation and Duty?

I'd like to know this as well. I can imagine Rebels working with Fringe.

I will be not going to Gen Con this year so I can't get it.

It won't be a Gencon exclusive. You can order directly from FFG or probably through a LGS.

I hope I can get a copy for minture market that is if they sale it.

Wow quite a few spoilers there :) Thanks for the write up, im amazed they didnt make you sign an NDA.

I have. Which is why I only discuss things mentioned in what FFG has posted so far and nothing about all the other cool stuff. Once the full thing is out at GenCon, then we can have a bigger discussion. I wouldn't say anything in the article is particularly spoilery.

You can order it on this website when the time comes. That is how I got my EotE Beta!