What we know so far...

By S.A.Harris, in General Discussion

How are the options for leader-types in AoR (talent-wise)? For example, are there more alternatives like Field Commander, Inspiring Rhetoric, and Scathing Tirade?

How are the options for leader-types in AoR (talent-wise)? For example, are there more alternatives like Field Commander, Inspiring Rhetoric, and Scathing Tirade?

There's a few new ones for the Commander specializations, such as Fire Control (makes it a bit easier to hit or avoid being hit by a specific enemy ship), Commanding Presence (remove Setback from Leadership checks), Master Leader (similar to other Master talents but for Leadership), Form on Me (extend the benefit of Gain the Advantage to allies), and Coordinated Assault (provides a free Advantage to a small group of allies within range). They've each got the Field Commander talents, but Inspiring Rhetoric and Scathing Tirade are reserved for the Diplomat (Ambassador and Agitator respectively).

Thanks. As a GM who loves to fiddle, one of the reasons I'm excited about AoR is that it helps set standard parameters.

For example, based on EotE, I didn't know if Field Commander was the standard for the Mercenary Soldier, or for any "military leader."

It's very helpful to hear all this from the viewpoint of someone who is interested he trying to "get" some of the underlying designer decisions.

Much appreciated!