What we know so far...

By S.A.Harris, in General Discussion

One more question: The initial review noted that there was a 20th talent tree, Military Training, that could be taken by anyone. Your comment in another thread seems to imply that this was changed, and that the tree doesn't actually exist.True?

Very true indeed, it does no exist. I can only guess they decided if you wanted military training you could just buy into any of the other careers that had what you were looking for

T

One more question: The initial review noted that there was a 20th talent tree, Military Training, that could be taken by anyone. Your comment in another thread seems to imply that this was changed, and that the tree doesn't actually exist.True?

Very true indeed, it does no exist. I can only guess they decided if you wanted military training you could just buy into any of the other careers that had what you were looking for

T

Huh, maybe in the final? That was actually something I was looking forwards to.

I can see your point, but what would you put in it, any specific type of combat character build ( sneaky, close combat, sniper) can be made with buying a spec from another career, and if you made a generic basic training it would either be to bland and useless or allow true combat careers to buy in and pick up to many ranks of the lower stuff and become unbalanced

The one plus would be the extra career skills and possibly a cheaper buy in if they classed it as a universal career (like FSEx)

T

But Universal careers don't give career skills do they? They only give talents. The talents available could be a more broad version of some of the combat trees.

edit - I mean the Talent trees themselves, not the individual talents. Although that might be cool too.

Edited by FangGrip

But Universal careers don't give career skills do they? They only give talents. The talents available could be a more broad version of some of the combat trees.

edit - I mean the Talent trees themselves, not the individual talents. Although that might be cool too.

True but I would put forth that the reason they don't give career skills is because they grant the force rating...other non force using universals would most likely grant skills or some other benefit.

T

Edited by khaine1969

Yeah, the lack of that universal confused me. Though maybe they did remove it since the editorial review copy the person who wrote that article did. Who knows?

True but I would put forth that the reason they don't give career skills is because they grant the force rating...other non force using universals would most likely grant skills or some other benefit.

T

Maybe, but that might just be a flavor type of thing. We won't know until we see a non-force universal spec. Another good reason to wish it was there.

Here are a few interesting things by the numbers:

Races:

5 new races

3 reprint races

Classes:

6 new classes

No Military Training Universal

Skills

1 new

Talents

6 EotE talents not reprinted

29 new talents in AoR

Weapons and Equipement

3 new weapons

3 new equipment

9 Items from EtoE equipment section not reprinted

Air and Land Speeders

1 new speeder

1 speeder reprint

6 speeders not reprinted

Walkers and Tracked

2 new

4 not reprinted

Starfighters and Shuttles

7 new ships

3 reprints

Freighters and Transports

0 new

0 reprints

Capital Ships

Broken down into categories

3 not reprinted

1 reprint in the Gunship Class

2 new in Gunship Class

7 new in Cruiser Class

4 new in Battleship Class

Force

1 power reprtined

2 new powers

Adversaries (numbers may be off a little as did this tally when rather tired)

10 new minions

7 minions reprinted

9 minions not reprinted

17 new rivals

11 rivals reprinted

20 rivals not reprinted

9 new nemesis

3 nemesis reprints

11 nemesis not reprinted

Edited by DeadInkPen

If you want names of what is new I will give that and a general opinion on it. But I will not give out the stats as that is a reason for you to buy the beta book or the main book when that comes available.

Out of curiosity what Imperial capital ships do they include in the new Beta?

Also are any of the new nemesis/adversaries force powered?

Do they go into any detail regarding Imperial or Rebel outposts?

Edited by copperbell

Out of curiosity what Imperial capital ships do they include in the new Beta?

Gozanti Class Armed Transport since it is used by some governmental orginizations

Lancer Class Frigate

EF76 Nebulon-B Frigate

Deadnought-Class Heavy Cruiser (Both Imperial and Rebellion)

Vindicator Class Heavy Cruiser

Immobilizer 418 Cruiser

Imperial I Class Star Destroyer

Praetor II class Star Battlecruiser

Victory Class Star Destroyer

Also are any of the new nemesis/adversaries force powered?

Yes, The Jedi-in-hiding is a new nemesis.

Do they go into any detail regarding Imperial or Rebel outposts?

Not really. Its more up to the GM and Players to work together on this. They state something along the lines of a garage, hinting to keep it kind of realistic. But the PC's get a nice sum of extra starting credits for this.

Also the adventure Operation:Shell Game does give some information on this from the GM perspective.

Taking those idea one could create some interesting Rebel and Imperial bases/posts/etc.

Edited by DeadInkPen

Urgh... looks like they have done the whole "Star Battlecruiser" nonsense. Erg... A Star Destroyer is not a Star "Destroyer", but a "Star Destroyer", a whole rudding ship class of its own.

Is there a B-Wing?

I love the B-Wing, I always played it in X-Wing Alliance, once I aquired it. Wasnt in any of the D20 SW books we had from WOC, I hope its in AOR and I hope it kicks ass!

Is there a B-Wing?

I love the B-Wing, I always played it in X-Wing Alliance, once I aquired it. Wasnt in any of the D20 SW books we had from WOC, I hope its in AOR and I hope it kicks ass!

yes B-wing is in, however that leads to one of the few things that i think someone goofed on in the system...the x-wing has more armor then the y-wing and the b-wing, which goes against just about everything ever printed about the ships.

T

Urgh... looks like they have done the whole "Star Battlecruiser" nonsense. Erg... A Star Destroyer is not a Star "Destroyer", but a "Star Destroyer", a whole rudding ship class of its own.

I'm easy with there being star frigates or whatever, but when people say something is an Imperial Star Destroyer they clearly mean that it is a Star Destroyer operated by the Empire, not that it is an Imperial class Star Destroyer. Never liked that bit of fluff.

Is there a B-Wing?

yes B-wing is in, however that leads to one of the few things that i think someone goofed on in the system...the x-wing has more armor then the y-wing and the b-wing, which goes against just about everything ever printed about the ships.

T

WHAT!?!?!? In my mind:

More Maneuverable, less armor/shields

A-Wing

X-Wing

B-Wing

Y-Wing

Less maneuverable, more armor/shields

I always thought the B-Wing was a mix of Y-wings armor/shields/heavy assault firepower with the X-wings fighter firepower and manuverability.

But the fact that the X-wing has more armor than the Y-Wing or B-Wing is just qualitativly wrong.

Is there an A-Wing btw? They should have at leat those 4 fighters, plus TIE Interceptor and TIE defenders.

Is there a B-Wing?

T

WHAT!?!?!? In my mind:

A-Wing

X-Wing

B-Wing

Y-Wing

I always thought the B-Wing was a mix of Y-wings armor/shields/heavy assault firepower with the X-wings fighter firepower and manuverability.

But the fact that the X-wing has more armor than the Y-Wing or B-Wing is just qualitativly wrong.

Is there an A-Wing btw? They should have at leat those 4 fighters, plus TIE Interceptor and TIE defenders.

Exactly my thoughts. What makes it even odder is that the x-wing game is written by the same guy and he got it right there.

the y-wing has 12 hull and 3 armor just like EoTE

the b-wing has 15 and 3 with an extra front shield

the x-wing has 10 and 5 with 1/1 shields

so its structurally weaker (less hull) but it has almost double the armor which is completely wrong according to all the fluff and history ever published

T

There is an A-Wing and the Interceptor and Defender are also listed.

I noticed the armor on the X-Wing as well, should be 2 where the Y-Wing and B-Wing should be higher. Though I could see the B-Wing being the one having 4-5 armor on it, since its purpose is to take out capital ships.

I noticed the armor on the X-Wing as well, should be 2 where the Y-Wing and B-Wing should be higher. Though I could see the B-Wing being the one having 4-5 armor on it, since its purpose is to take out capital ships.

Good thing this is a Beta then. Let them know via the comments. :D

The down side is that the Y-wing is already "official" as its in EoTE, so the other ships have to work around that benchmark. The Y-wings armor is 3, and the X-wing should be a touch less...but the tie (being "official" also) and A-wing are armor 2 so the X-wing should be higher then them.

The only real answer is to make the X-wing a 3 and represent the higher toughness of the Y-wing, and B-wing with some extra hull, which they have.

Is there a B-Wing?

T

WHAT!?!?!? In my mind:

A-Wing

X-Wing

B-Wing

Y-Wing

Included starfighters are:

• RZ-1 A-wing
  • T65B X-wing
  • BTL-A4/BTL-S3 Y-wing—the -S3 has one pilot and one gunner, the -A4 is one pilot only
  • A/SF-01 B-wing
  • TIE/LN—run of the mill TIE, the "eyeball"
  • TIE/IN Interceptor
  • TIE/D Defender
  • TIE/SA Bomber

Needless to say, there's pretty much everything you need to run either an Imperial or Rebellion based game.

-EF

The down side is that the Y-wing is already "official" as its in EoTE, so the other ships have to work around that benchmark. The Y-wings armor is 3, and the X-wing should be a touch less...but the tie (being "official" also) and A-wing are armor 2 so the X-wing should be higher then them.

The only real answer is to make the X-wing a 3 and represent the higher toughness of the Y-wing, and B-wing with some extra hull, which they have.

Now that they are going deep into ships I wouldnt be mad if they had some errata to the y-wing in eoe.

And thanks for the list EldritchFire!

Here are a few interesting things by the numbers:

Races:

5 new races

3 reprint races

Classes:

6 new classes

No Military Training Universal

Skills

1 new

Talents

6 EotE talents not reprinted

29 new talents in AoR

Weapons and Equipement

3 new weapons

3 new equipment

9 Items from EtoE equipment section not reprinted

Air and Land Speeders

1 new speeder

1 speeder reprint

6 speeders not reprinted

Walkers and Tracked

2 new

4 not reprinted

Starfighters and Shuttles

7 new ships

3 reprints

Freighters and Transports

0 new

0 reprints

Capital Ships

Broken down into categories

3 not reprinted

1 reprint in the Gunship Class

2 new in Gunship Class

7 new in Cruiser Class

4 new in Battleship Class

Force

1 power reprtined

2 new powers

Adversaries (numbers may be off a little as did this tally when rather tired)

10 new minions

7 minions reprinted

9 minions not reprinted

17 new rivals

11 rivals reprinted

20 rivals not reprinted

9 new nemesis

3 nemesis reprints

11 nemesis not reprinted

Nice numbers. I really want to know about those 29 new talents!

Has anyone posted the stats for the Sullustan yet?

Am I right (from another thread) that both the Mon Cal and the Gran have low Cunning and the Ithorian has high Agility?

Ithorian has low agility, high Willpower IIRC.