Minneapolis, MN

By divinityofnumber, in Star Wars: The Card Game

Hey Derbes,

Ill try to get there i think i can swing some gaming on friday by the wife. Me and Benesh also have yet to get together and sort out stuff for swlcg and xwing - as ill probably be running both of them @ tower. the ANR tournament went great with about 19 ppl showing up just for a primer, i expect we will see over 24 for the regional. Outside of that im itching for some SW. netrunner is a great game but it is much less thrilling then SW its alot more like playing black jack, vrs poker.

Regionals Event kits for netrunner are fantastic too, and i expect starwars will be much the same - lots of palymats, arcylic chips, i expect we will see really cool faction cards for each SW decktype and just tons of sweet loot.

The worst part though is i cant go to the may 4th events as ill be looking after my little one those days and nannys are very costly. (and if you noticed FFG said that the big box will be droping in may….. so 90% chance youll be able to grab it early at the may the 4th event (thats my theory))

Additionaly, our meta at tower right now is primarly focused on ANR as their regionals are up first, then we will be switching over to a SW dojo, and i will soon start posting on meetup for SW on monday at tower, possibly try and do demos and get more people into it - the twin cities have a problem with too many game stores spreading us all apart but FFEC is closed on mondays so i plan to make tower the place to be for LCG games on monday.

toodles!

(also how have you guys been doing with the new jedi pod. I think jedi will be > rebelion in tourney meta as you are rewarded on both sides for destroying objectives and i see this giving Navy the favor at the moment)

Dang! I can't make it to any of the upcoming times (Fri @ FF EC, Sat @ Legion, Mon @ Tower). Eventually I'll find a time to meet up with a group and finally play this game. Until then I'll keep poking my nose in here to see what else may pop up. I hope to be able to make it to Tower on 4/15.

I won't be able to make it to the FFG EC tomorrow night. The weekend after that is AGoT regionals. But, after that I should be back to playing SW at the EC most Fridays.

pumped to meet you guys tonight (that i have not met) and play some SW!

Graham

It was very nice meeting Dave & Jessie, Graham, Dave last night. Dave (bergs206), thank you for all the advice. Bret, thanks for making the trip out to play. Hopefully I'll see you all sometime soon.

Two Daves but no Dan? I was informed that there would be a Dan attending last night's playgroup. Kinda disappointed that that didn't happen.

I guess Dan wasn't feeling well.

Hey,

Were posting, a meetup for Starwars LCG - and giving demos over @ tower on mondays now. Hopefully that will pull some new players in, but If any of you guys are interested I have played the crap out of netrunner and really want to start dojoin some Starwars for the regionals. ALSO on May 11th, we will be hosting a Primer tournament with a 10$ buying, all of which bounces back as prize support @ tower, i still have to post it on the website, the week after is the regional. Then the week after our regional is the Universe games regional. SO i really wanna try out some ideas on you guys!

Im @ tower every monday 6:30 - 11:30.

Graham

If there is enough interest, I could talk the Universe guys into biweekly tournaments for sure.

@Magni

I'd be interested in regular play, but sadly Mondays just don't work for me.

@HeyAqualung

I'd be interested in a bi-weekly tourney. Keep me in the loop if you get any traction.

Got some news. Over @ tower we just finished our ANR regionals. So we have begun planning the starwars stuff next may, i will be running a Primer Tournament on the 11th (i should be able to get a gamenight kit so we can give out some promos of Vader and Red 5 and prmo tokens and stuff) THEN we have our Regionals on the 18th, then universe regionals on the 25th.

All and all May will be a pretty intense month for SW LCG and prolly burn me out a little bit :-) then, once our xwing regional is over i will be alternating ANR tournaments with SWLCG tournaments. So June will be ANR July will be SW, i think this once a month tournament will A add excitement because you will have 1-2 force packs between each one but they wont be so common that you think "eh i can miss it there will be another next week" We cant compete with FNM we gotta build up the excitement.

I think once a month at unvierse would be great, i would try to attend that more the X-wing. Im poor and i kinda got priced out with wave 2.

Toodles!

graham

Anyone planning on hitting up the FGC this Friday night?

Anyone up for some games on Monday or Thursdays?

I will be playing Netrunner on Mondays at Tower but would be interested in playing SW as well that night or on Thursdays. I could play at most of the metro stores if needed.

I will be stopping in the Tower Games briefly tonight to see if anyone wants to play. So if I see you there with a SW box out I will ask for a game. I will be the short stocky guy with the tan and orange coat and I go by Mike.

I should at FFG Friday around 5:30. Also I won't be able to make it next Friday and want to try the new stuff before regionals if anyone wants to meet up on Wednesday/Thursday.

Hey,

With Search or Skywalker realising some time next week (prolly Tuesday @ tower) I will be @ tower on friday for some games have not tested the 1st pod very much did not think it was a big enough change but with TWO we can actually make some new decks!

Mike, ill show ya SW this monday if you want :-)

Graham

Magni said:

Hey,

With Search or Skywalker realising some time next week (prolly Tuesday @ tower) I will be @ tower on friday for some games have not tested the 1st pod very much did not think it was a big enough change but with TWO we can actually make some new decks!

Mike, ill show ya SW this monday if you want :-)

Graham

That'd be cool. I'd be up for playing Netrunner and/or SW on Mondays. I've been doing some practice games with SW and it seems like it is more simple than Netrunner.

I'm planning on heading up to the EC around 5:00…

Shame, sick baby or i was gunna head over tonight to. Have fun jeeps! - CYA on monday with my SW cards Mike!

Thanks, Graham. I didn't play as much as I thought I would… Cooleo "bailed" to play a ridiculous melee GOT game and I left around 8 to grab a few beers with a old friend… I hope to be up there again this weekend… I might drive up to pick up the new cards this week too…

Sweet, ill be @ Tower on Monday - and tower on friday to play with the new cards with benesh. - im outta practice gotta get back in, gunna be playing in 3 tourneys in May lol

Graham

Magni said:

Shame, sick baby or i was gunna head over tonight to. Have fun jeeps! - CYA on monday with my SW cards Mike!

I know the sick baby thing. I have a 5 year old, no fun at all. Hope the baby is better by this point.

Good to meet John tonight. We had two close games with John's Imperial Navy Deck VS my Jedi Deck. Both games came down to John nabing those last couple of clicks on the dial just before Yoda smackdown. IIRC, both games ended with me having taken two objectives and having a good shot for the 3 next turn. However, John was able to unfocus some tie fighters and take an objective for the win.

Good fun, lost a 3rd ame to Graham as a warmup.

0-3 but had fun, will be back next week for some SW LCG.

I'm hoping to go up to play this week for a few games… Will the FFG Event Center have the Search for Skywalker set out today or tomorrow? If it does, would someone please post it here for me? Thanks!