Minneapolis, MN

By divinityofnumber, in Star Wars: The Card Game

Was the top 16 single elimination?

jeeps said:

TGO said:

Who won and what were they playing?

You know… I watched the match off and on at the end, but was also milling around the EC checking out all the Xwing and Author stuff…… THe final match was quite thrilling, actually. I think the winner was a Minnesotan Math teacher named Mick, but someone will have to correct me if I am wrong. Anyway, he win his Final Four match with a third game tie-breaker after both games ended with the LS winning with the Dial at 11… then, he played the finals against a Chicagoan named,Jim (I think!) who brought his brother, Matt (who I lost to in the first round). Anyway, the final game also went to a third game to determine the winner!

I think he was playing LS Prepare for Battle Rebel Speeders and a Navy deck, but I could be wrong on that the DS….

This is Jim from Chicago. I actually ended up winning that final match. It was crazy. Mick had a phenomenal game and had me playing for the draw after game one. I was running Hoth control on my DS and prep for Battle with Rebel Speeders for LS. Mick had a standard Smugglers Den for LS and an awesome hybrid Sith/Navy deck that I was not expecting. He had 2 Vader, 2 Palpatine, 2 Killing Cold, 1 Shadows on the Ice, 1 Motti, 1 Devestator, 1 Deploy the Fleet. I'm 99% sure that was it. Mick, I apologize if i messed it up. It hit hard when needed and still had nasty units for defense.

I ran into a mostly Smugglers Den. There were a few hybrid ones, but a lot of standard. I hit 2 or 3 rebel decks, including a Sensors/Speeder/Red5 that looked scary but ran into resource match issues. My only modified loss in the Swiss came from a Navy fighter/capital ship hybrid that took out 4 objectives and my DS couldn't keep up. That was the deck that scared me the most because of the tie breaker potential. My decks were as follows:

DS- Fall of the Jedi x2, Emperor's Web x2, Killing Cold x2, Counsel of the Sith x1, Cruel Interrogations x1, Imperial Command x1 and Shadows on the Ice x1

LS- Defense of Yavin 4 x2, Fleeing the Empire x2, Mobilize the Squadrons x2, Hoth Operations x2, and Preparation for Battle x2

shame i couldent go! would have costed me about 150 in nanny bills + entry so i had to tap out. We have our tournament on the 11th, then 18th is tower regional then 25th @ universe ill be preparing this monday @ tower :-)

Graham

Well, shoot, Jim. Forgive me for not properly giving credit where credit as due! Congratulations! You and your brother sure came a long way to play and I enjoyed having the conversation with you before you went on to play Mick in the final. I will look for you at Worlds! Take care!

Yes, it was a top 16 single elimination…

jeeps said:

Well, shoot, Jim. Forgive me for not properly giving credit where credit as due! Congratulations! You and your brother sure came a long way to play and I enjoyed having the conversation with you before you went on to play Mick in the final. I will look for you at Worlds! Take care!

No worries at all! It was great talking to you both. I have to say that everyone up there was incredibly friendly and I wish I was closer to play with you all more often! See you in November!

Wish I could have made it, sounds like an excellent turn out and event.

Sorry guys, I will be out for the week. If things pan out I'll be at TG next Monday.

I am planning on meeting up with some buddies this Saturday (May 11th) at noon to play some other games, but I could swing by the FFEC earlier at open (10am) if anyone wants to play a couple matches.

We have a Tournament Primer the may 18th regional on 11th @ tower if your interested in that - otherwise ill be @ tower at 10 prepping my decks for the tournament if you care to play a few games.

Graham

That was a confusing post

on the 11th, we have a primer tournament for the regional on the 18th. Ill be @ tower around 10-11 on the 11th.

Graham

I will be at TG around 6-6:30 tonight if anyone is up for some SW.

me and Nigel will be there - :-)

Greetings!

You guys know how i love to promote stuff right? Well this is just a little reminder that if you wanna play some SW this weekend and pick up some promo cards head on down/up to Tower games this saturday @ 11 to sign up for the Regionals, I expect that we will have between 8-16 players which is almost a 50/100% chance for a playmat and im pretty sure everyone should be making out with some of the promo affiliation cards!

Entrance fee is 20$ and the amount of people who show up will determine how much of a jerk i am about match times!

Graham

(feel free to FB or Email me with any questions)

Little Bump/Reminder that TooooooooooMORROW we have our regional, come on down and fight for a playmat and some sweet promo cards and possibly a shiney coin! Come early, sign up and have some fun!!

Looking forward to seeing you guys, PSBTW Regionals @ universe games are on the 25th. Ill be attending those aswell so i look forward to TWO weekends of hanging out with you guys!

Graham/Magni

I get a message on Facebook that the regional on Saturday at Universe Games was cancelled. When I clicked in the message it told me the page was expired. Then when I went to the UG facebook page the event was no longer there.

So, if it true that it cancelled? Seems like it is.

I just emailed Universe Games about this today and they confirmed that the event has been cancelled.

I'm pretty bummed because this was the only Regionals that my schedule allowed me to attend.

Thats lame, i got to host the one over at tower which was alot of fun. Really nice meeting tons of new players shame they decided to nix it hope the regionals kit does not just end up on ebay.

Now I have to find something else to do on Saturday. Was hoping to make it to Tower today but worked way too late. Do have OCTGN up and running if anyone is up for game in the next hour, Gandorf is username on there.

I am a little pissed about this… could Tower Games pick it up?

What a bummer :-(

Email Michael Russo ([email protected]) at Universe Games Tuesday if you're interested in the Regional Tournament. If they can get enough interest, they'll hold the event.

Ps. Really sad I missed the event last weekend.

I'm not on Facebook but please count me towards the 12.

Send universe some love! Emailed them just now if we can get 12 ill be really happy!