Minneapolis, MN

By divinityofnumber, in Star Wars: The Card Game

The e-mail that you included for Universe Games was returned when I sent an e-mail tonight. Are you sure it's correct?

It should be [email protected]. Or you can email [email protected].

I am Nate, one of the owners/managers at Universe Games. So people are aware, the main reason we canceled was due to our extremely lack luster X-Wing turnout. X-wing is a strong game in our store, and our regular events have had 10-12 players. Regionals had 6. We lost $110 just to run that event. Facing a potentially similar situation with a $175 prize kit, we chose to cancel. We have no problems not making money on events. We don't look at events as ways to make money, they are there to get people in the door. We just hate losing money to run an event. To address one comment above, we have neither paid for nor received the kit, so it is not being resold.

We try to hold events that are fun and reasonable for the players. We felt that, especially for the prizes involved, charging more than $15 was not reasonable. If we can get 12 confirmed players at $15 entry, we will contact FFG and try to run it. So, if you know for certain you will play this weekend, contact Angleo at one of the above emails as soon as you can. I would love for this event to still happen, so please contact us as soon!

We had 9 people @ tower, for 20 dollars a pop - at least the swag for SW LCG is better.

Alreadly got about 8 people. All you guys need ot send him an email/join the fb event and sign your name in blood If i manage to make top 8 ill even pass my playmat down to the next needy player! anything i can do to help get this event off the ground!

RAWR

OK guys, we had enough response to convince us to change our minds. The event is back on!

Registration will begin at 10am. $15 Entry

Round 1 will begin at 11am.

Universe Games

711 W. Lake Street Suite 103

Minneapolis, MN 55408

universegames.com

Thanks for the response guys, I am excited that this is back on! Looking forward to seeing you there!

Are there any leagues or regular games running right now. I would be interested in getting involved in something like that if there is anything happening. If there isn't there needs to be :)

We had 14 players show up for the Universe Games Regional event. Congrats to Mick for taking the top prize… I wish I could have stayed to see my last game through to the end… I played top notch people…the guys (and gals) who play this game are top notch…. Thanks to Mick, John, Zach, and Michael for the great games! Congrats to Dion for getting to the top table and playing for the championship…. I'll see you guys around, I'm sure…

I maybe wrong but Universe runes tournaments every few weeks. They support Xwing alot to. I will probably be starting a league @ tower at the end of july because thats when the 2nd semester finishes. I might way till school is back in session however.

I cant speak for universes active gamers but at tower we have a growing population of 2-5 people who show up on Mondays to play, but we dont currently have any prize support for it or netrunner (which is also played alot). I play SW personaly every monday form 6-11:30 as i work the night shift stop on by to play if ya want!

ALSO

To everyone who showed up @ universe games! i had a blast it was great seeing you guys and meeting a bunch of you for the 1st time!

Graham, as always, nice to see you… Thanks for maintaining interest in this game… Once the summer is here, I will be coming up to Tower Games on Mindays…

For now, On Friday nights, a few of us drive up to the Fantasy Flight Event Center to play…

Ill try to be there this friday! I should be able to be there this week with no inlaws in town!

Graham

If anyone is missing a Target of Opportunity from Objective Set 44 in a Return of the Jedi sleeve from Saturday's game at Universe let me know.

Aww crap, I was playing with an illegal deck. See you Wednesday at FFG EC?

I should be there by 6, let you know if anything changes by then. Dont have a set work schedule, sometimes work too late to make it by 6 exactly

Couple casaul gamers of the SW LCG will be there today for the sale around opening time

I'll also try to make it to the EC this Friday night.

Does the FF Event Center actually hold a SW LCG Game Night?

They had a signup sheet 2 months ago but as far as I know nothing ever happened. Hopefully they will do one for season 2.

I won't make it to the EC tonight, but I'll be there on Sunday monring/early afternoon.

Ill be at FFGEC @ around…. 6-630 (on the 31st) thats when me and the wife are trading hands with little squigglor she gets to go to happy hour i get to go play card games. Fair trade.

I'll try to swing by tonight (Fri) after our seminar gets done. should be 8ish.

I'll be swinging by the FFGEC tomorrow evening (Thursday, June 13th) around 6ish.

Unfortunately, I can't make Thursday nights. Gandorf and I, however, will be there tonight (Wed). I'll be testing "real" decks vs what I assume will be his pile of random skittles again.

If anyone else can make it please join us!

Figured I would post this here before I try my luck with craigslist.

I have a complete Core set that I got a while back to try out the game, and just couldn't find the time to get into it. I would like it to go to a good home.

Comes complete with box, instructions, tokens and all cards.

Cards were played in sleeves, so are still NM.

$25 cash. I can meet you at Tower games or somewhere in the south metro.

I can be reached at: evilempire22 at gmail dot com

Thanks!

--Evil

Sad to here that!

Just wanted to post that ill Nigel will be covering my morning shift @ tower till July 26th! I got a job working in Mankato for awhile! But ill be back!

Graham

MacRauri and I will be getting together at the FFEC tonight at 6:45ish to play. Just wanted to extend the invite out to others.