Minneapolis, MN

By divinityofnumber, in Star Wars: The Card Game

FRIDAY NIGHT STAR WARS AT THE FANTASY FLIGHT EVENT CENTER IN ROSEVILLE!

Eblast_Banner_zps63db10db.jpg

If you are in the Minneapolis area, and looking to meet some friendly people and get in some games of Star Wars LCG, stop by the Fantasy Flight Event Center on Friday nights!

All skill levels are welcome, and feel free to bring new players who want to learn the game!

There is usually a mix of 1v1, 2v2, and soon there will be 3v1 play (with the release of Balance of the Force).

What better way to end your week than with some games of Star Wars, some great conversation, and perhaps some food and drink.

One or more us us will usually wear something Star Wars related, and you will no doubt see a bunch of focus tokens, damage tokens, shields, and death star dials scattered over our tables! :)

Again, everyone is welcome, even if you have never played the game, have no cards at all, and are simply curious what the game is like! I (or anyone, really) would be happy to hand you a deck and walk you through a game or two.

Feel free to email me at divinityofnumber [at] yahoo [.com] or send me a message here for more information.

See everyone on Friday!

Edited by divinityofnumber

Yes there is a few. We just met up at the Fantasy Flight Event Center this last Saturday. We usually play week nights or Sundays though.

I'm sure we'll meet up in 2 weeks again.

Howdy

I play @ tower working on converting ppl there into the game. FF released SW and Android so close together its hard @ times because the community is getting invested in ANR.

But join Frozen north Gaming club on Facebook alot of 40k ppl but x-wing and swlcg are really picking up steam.

FB me for Twin cities games.

Graham Judd

Howdy

I play @ tower working on converting ppl there into the game. FF released SW and Android so close together its hard @ times because the community is getting invested in ANR.

But join Frozen north Gaming club on Facebook alot of 40k ppl but x-wing and swlcg are really picking up steam.

FB me for Twin cities games.

Graham Judd

p.p.s. There is a chance If we can build a community that i will start up a SW league @ Tower and get a Comptetative play pack so we can fight over cool vader cards :-)

Cooleo and I played last Saturday and the Sunday before that at the FFG Event Center… once I get through February, I might have more time to jaunt up to play. I also like to go Legion Games in Burnsville/Savage on HWY 13 to play as it's about 30 minutes closer than the FFG Event Center. Shoot either of us a message and we'd like to meet up with more players!

Peter

jeeps said:

Cooleo and I played last Saturday and the Sunday before that at the FFG Event Center… once I get through February, I might have more time to jaunt up to play. I also like to go Legion Games in Burnsville/Savage on HWY 13 to play as it's about 30 minutes closer than the FFG Event Center. Shoot either of us a message and we'd like to meet up with more players!

Peter

I live around West Saint paul so its about 30 mins to any game store for me. I know Universe Games has been doing alot of X-wing on tuesdays. I could meet people Thursday Night @ tower if anyone wants to play PM me and friends me on here or FB.

Magni

I also think the guys at Universe games in Uptown are trying to convert over a few of the Magic players I know one of the owners Angelo loves the game and has talked about turning Wednesday nights into Star Wars LCG nights. Nice thing is if you go to the U (I work there so I know this from expereince) there is an express bus I think the 113 that stops at Lake and Lyndale and starts at like University avenue so you can get there quickly. Or if your like me it's an easy bike ride on the Greenway as well.

I really want to see the competition rules come out for the game so we can get tournaments going because that is how you conevert people the best in my opinion.

Agreed, tourney rules are the big thing. I think it would be fun even to host a turny on new force pack release days gamble to win a free one mayhaps? Anywhoo if the guys at Tower let me i will be running turnys and would like to run a league. Our biggest problem here in the twin cities is we are so divided as a population between

FFGCenter

Tower

Universe

Legion

(there are 2 other stores)

we are alot of SW gamers spread thin. I just got two people @ tower to invest including the owner. I also play under this name on OCTGN now that i have got my cards if anyone is interested im a part time stay at home dad so i can play @ weird daytime hours. Also working on ANR its a great game but SW has charecters we all love, it should be easy to convert people.

Magni

Fantasy Flight Event Center makes the most sense

A) I dont think our diverse nature is a major issue. Infact I think it is a strength.

B) Why does FFG EC make the most sense?

Also the other stores are Dreamers / Monsters Den. It's basically one store two locations though.

It is the company that creates this game. It's the headquarters and I bet they'd have prize support.

Well, first they need to publish those turny rules - but if X-wing is any example they should be running a league.

They are running a league on Tuesdays, I believe. I haven't had a chance to come in and check it out, but I might once my schedule allows it (April).

cooleo1c said:

It is the company that creates this game. It's the headquarters and I bet they'd have prize support.

cooleo1c said:

Actually the store (The Event Center) and FFG the Company are two seperate entities in a lot of respects. If the Event Center was to host a league (which don't get me wrong they probably will) it would most likely be run by one of the patrons and not the store itself. David Johnson the guy who manages the EC I know would love to have a league althought he can not commit a employee to run it neccessarily and prize support may be a questionable thing. I know the only reason the X-wing league exists is because one of the memebers of Frozen North runs it and I am not sure if he is doing prize support out of his pocket or the EC is helping, but they do have a few cool things. As for the Dust Legaue they are doing I am running that myself and David Johnson has generously given every person in the league a store membership discount on all Dust items. This is all there really is.

jeeps said:

They are running a league on Tuesdays, I believe. I haven't had a chance to come in and check it out, but I might once my schedule allows it (April).

I don't know of an Star Wars LCG league, but I know Tuesday is the night they do the X-wing league. Again if you play that you should join the Frozen North Gaming Club on Facebook as that is where I know a lot of people hear of these things.

Denied said:

jeeps said:

I don't know of an Star Wars LCG league, but I know Tuesday is the night they do the X-wing league. Again if you play that you should join the Frozen North Gaming Club on Facebook as that is where I know a lot of people hear of these things.

Thanks for the heads up. I think I will!

I *might* have some time on Saturday to meet and play. Just need a when and where… I'd be free any time after 2:30…

I will be @ tower on Thursday (prolly around 4-5) till late playing.

Jeeps et al

Can I play when I come visit this summer?

I (we) would love that, Adam. Do you know off hand when that will be?

Also, I am going to heading back home today… not feeling so well, actually… the next few weekends will be incredibly busy too…

Also live in the Twin CIties and am looking for someone to show me the ropes. I bought myself a Core Set and have read through the rules and did a few practice games against myself.

--Evil

Join the Frozen North Gaming Club - Alot of guys hang out @ tower games on Tuesdays/Fridays/Sundays but i would call ahead just to be sure some one is there who is playing SW LCG.

otherwise FB me (graham judd) and we can set up a time.

Graham

Also, im pretty sure that Tower Games is trying to host a SW Regionals turny, and ill be hosting one as soon as they post the rules for turny play.

toodles

Anyone able to play at Outpost 2000 in Coon Rapids this Friday, February 8th? There will be 5-6 of us there from about 5:30pm or so until close, which I think is 9pm.

I would love to, but can't this Friday….