Minneapolis, MN

By divinityofnumber, in Star Wars: The Card Game

Just so everyone here knows, I'll be running another Star Wars tournament at the Fantasy Flight Games Event Center on Saturday, July 13th. Will start around 6 or 6:30pm. No entry fee. Number of rounds and top cut will depend on total attendance.

What : Star Wars LCG Tournament
Where : Fantasy Flight Games Event Cetner
When : Saturday, July 13th starting around 6 or 6:30pm
Cost : Free!

I hope to see a lot of you there!

-Erik

Is anyone planning on going to Universe Games this Sunday to play in their event ? I wanted to play a few games before I left for Japan July-August… who's with me?!?!?!

Entrance fee is $6.

Start time is 10:30 (signup), 11:00 AM Start.

Magni said:

Sad to here that!

Just wanted to post that ill Nigel will be covering my morning shift @ tower till July 26th! I got a job working in Mankato for awhile! But ill be back!

Graham

Graham,

Well shucks! My old stomping grounds is Mankato… if you're on your way through Belle Plaine, shoot me a line and we can have pizza and play a few games at my house (I live a few blocks off 169)… let me know what works! I have the summer off and have time to play games!…

Anyone that is able to play during the day on or very close to the U of M Minneapolis campus, post here or send me a PM!

Which day(s) are you referring? I could play during the day during the week… And where on campus?

jeeps said:

Is anyone planning on going to Universe Games this Sunday to play in their event ? I wanted to play a few games before I left for Japan July-August… who's with me?!?!?!

Entrance fee is $6.

Start time is 10:30 (signup), 11:00 AM Start.

I will be there. There is also a free tournament at FFG EC on the 14th of July. And X-wing Players there is a X-wing tournament on Saturday at Universe as well.

****. Lost PM's in the forum conversion/update. Those of you who PM'd me about possibly getting some games in on the U of M campus, please PM again!

@jeeps - East or West bank of the University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus work for me. I am around a few days per week and my schedule is very flexible over the summer months.

@jeeps - East or West bank of the University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus work for me. I am around a few days per week and my schedule is very flexible over the summer months.

Dang- looks like next week is pretty much dried up and I leave for Japan the following week for 35 days... so, I don't think meeting up on Campus is going to work.

I do think I will be able to manage the July 14th event... so, we shall see.

Hey sorry, not trolling as much as i usually do!

This saturday in the afternoon prolly around 4-5 im gunna head over to tower! If anyone is interested in getting some games! Ill bring my Lord of the Rings LCG stuff along with me too!

I wont be able to make it to the tournament, wife does not get off work till 7 so ill be on baby duty POO.

Small group getting together Monday night (7/15) around 7:00 at the FFG Event Center for some games. The more the merrier.

Small group getting together Monday night (7/15) around 7:00 at the FFG Event Center for some games. The more the merrier.

Will this be a regular thing, or just this week? I can't make it this week, even though Monday nights I try to play at Tower Games. Work has been busy the past month, so I've been out of the loop since then.

This thread has been going on for awhile, so I've been trying to go back through it and see when there are places in the Twin Cities that have a regular group. Personally anything south of 94 or even south of the river works best for me, but I just want to play the game so I'm willing to travel a bit if there are regular groups and/or times.

JKoellner, his friend and I have been meeting on Mondays at the FFG Event Center for about a month and will continue to do so through the summer. I mentioned it to several people at the tournament on Saturday night, so hopefully we'll be picking up Gandorf and a couple others. If you can't make it this week, come next week! There will be tons of testing to do once EoD is out!

I was running stuff on mondays, on the 29th ill be back working on mondays at tower. Sadly i cant attend FFG on mondays but i will always be up for some SW once im back @ work.

Graham

From what I can tell, it appears that there are two active groups (at least on this forum) for regular play:

Monday nights - Tower Games, 6pm - close ( http://towergamesmn.com/ ) or at the FFG Event Center, 7pm - close, through the end of summer ( http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_nrep.asp?eidm=1 )

Mondays don't always work for me. I can usually make 2 Mondays a month. I'm just curious if anyone knows about any of these other places?

Universe Games ( http://universegames.com/store/ )

Source Comics & Games ( http://www.sourcecandg.com/ )

Armored Ogre ( http://www.armoredogre.com/index.html )

Legion Games ( http://legiongames.com/ )

Maybe there are other hidden gems of places or groups meeting to play? Just looking to get playing again. If not, then I'll try to see people next Monday night. Thanks!

HEY HEY HEY, ill be @ tower this Tuesday! Benesh should be getting Edge of Darkness in and ill be getting my copies!

Graham

I thought it wasn't coming till Thursday? If you're going to be there tomorrow I can swing by. What time? I still haven't picked up Assault on Echo Base, so hopefully they've still got one on hand.

So, how did the event on July 13th go? Was there a good turnout? When will the next one be?

So, I am living in Japan right now for the next month or so. I am not sure how to get in contact with this elusive Japanese card gaming group, but I haven't really ventured to far from my home base (10 years ago, this wouldn't have been a problem- but my wife and I just took our two kids out tonight for a stroll through Kichijoji... and well, we last 30 minutes and needed to turn back.). Should I have derbes pick up a couple of copies of EoD for me? Will there be two available for me somewhere to pick up when I get back in late August?

Peter,

I'll pick up 2 boxes for you next weekend when I'm up at the U of M for the State Swim Meet, since they are by FFG EC or Universe Games. This is probably the safest thing to make sure you get them.

Thanks, Dion. If I find any Japanese product, would you be interested?

Yes, I would be interested.

I actually have an open Monday night! I'll be hanging out at Tower Games tonight if anyone is interested in playing a few games. I'll probably get there around 5-5:30.

Is anyone playing at FFG EC tonight? May around 8pm?

My Monday night gaming got canceled due to a family emergency, ill return to work at Tower the 1st week of August. :-) see you guys then!