SW LCG Dream Cards

By Galak Fyyar, in Star Wars: The Card Game

I think this set is way overpowered.

The objective itself would be a field day for Sith control, 2x Vader, 2x Emperor, then you can duplicate them again with the Clone unit? That's way too powerful. I think you'd have to balance it with a strong drawback, like those units are destroyed after they strike, or each time you play a duplicate you deal 2-3 damage to the objective. It definitely can't have 5 health in it's current state.

Way, way too powerful. That is my complaint about most of the dream cards. They are incredibly overpowered.

Way, way too powerful. That is my complaint about most of the dream cards. They are incredibly overpowered.

The builds I have made so far have been leaning towards a theme in the Thrawn Trilogy and not so much on balance. However, I do like the feedback and when I get some free time, I plan to revisit the 3 I have started. Here are some of the changes I was thinking of.

RLR300 set

Card 1/6: Change the action to "If this Objective is undamaged,......"

Card 2/6 & 3/6: Change Luuke's cost to 4. (Maybe even lower his life to 2)

Card 4/6: Change action to "Copy up to Two combat icons of your choice from the copied unit" OR Change the copied unit to a non-Unique Character unit

Card 5/6: Leaving it the way it is. The fact there is the Forced Reaction that says the enhancement could go to an opponent give it a trade-off.

Card 6/6: Leaving it the way it is. It costs 3 and to use the Interrupt, you must sacrifice it. Then to deploy the unit, you have to pay the cost of the unit again.

Thoughts?

Edited by Gunner070

The builds I have made so far have been leaning towards a theme in the Thrawn Trilogy and not so much on balance. However, I do like the feedback and when I get some free time, I plan to revisit the 3 I have started. Here are some of the changes I was thinking of.

RLR300 set

Card 4/6: Change action to "Copy up to Two combat icons of your choice from the copied unit" OR Change the copied unit to a non-Unique Character unit

Card 5/6: Leaving it the way it is. The fact there is the Forced Reaction that says the enhancement could go to an opponent give it a trade-off.

Card 6/6: Leaving it the way it is. It costs 3 and to use the Interrupt, you must sacrifice it. Then to deploy the unit, you have to pay the cost of the unit again.

Thoughts?

This is much better, I think the objective needs to say something that forces them to discard in play doubles when it gets damaged.

Maybe you can play unique units without regard for restrictions (all the time), but whenever it takes damage you must sacrifice any doubles. So the LS can trigger you to discard several doubles if needed.

Card 2/3 are pretty ok, maybe 2 health would balance them I think they are fine.

Card 4 is still a bit strong. It's like echo caverns but can be way better, especially with the protection units Sith has.

Card 5 and 6 seem well balanced to me.

RLR300 set

Thoughts?

This is much better, I think the objective needs to say something that forces them to discard in play doubles when it gets damaged.

Maybe you can play unique units without regard for restrictions (all the time), but whenever it takes damage you must sacrifice any doubles. So the LS can trigger you to discard several doubles if needed.

Card 2/3 are pretty ok, maybe 2 health would balance them I think they are fine.

Card 4 is still a bit strong. It's like echo caverns but can be way better, especially with the protection units Sith has.

Card 5 and 6 seem well balanced to me.

I'm thinking about settling with that change to the Objective. Chances are already low that you'll have both this objective in play and undamaged AND have a copy of an unique unit in your hand at the same time (Although, if your playing 2v2 or against the LS Challenge deck, the odds are a little higher)

Edit: Just had a thought. When the Objective leaves play, players must sacrifice all copies in play. (Player picks which copy leaves play)

As for the Clone unit, how about this:

Reaction : When this unit focuses to strike during an engagement, pick any other participating non-Unique Character unit. This unit get all combat icons the chosen unit has (If the chosen unit won the edge battle, this unit gains those as well). After the engagement, you must pay 1 resource or sacrifice this unit.

Edited by Gunner070

Idea for the other sets I'm planning on making:

***THRAWN TRILOGY SPOILERS***

Set

RLR301: "Dark Force Rising" (Imperial Navy)

This will be a more or less standard set. It has some Dreadnaught units from the Katana Fleet. Not sure yet if I want to add Thrawn or Pellaeon or save them for another set.

RLR302: "Lady Vader" (Jedi)

Will have Leia and Norgri Bodyguards with Protect. Will also have a game-changing event card that will mirror what a certain Norgri does in the final scenes of "The Last Command" book ;)

RLR303: "The Katana Fleet" (Alliance)

Since both sides were able to grab some Katana Fleet Dreadnaughts at the end of the "Dark Force Rising" book, this set will be similar to the Imperial's "Dark Force Rising" set.

RLR304: ??? (Spies)

Haven't put a lot into this yet, but I am sure going add Talon Karrde in it.

RLR305: "The Insane Clone" (Sith)

Will have C'bouth and will rely a lot on the Dark Side player(s) having the Force on their side.

I will have a Scum set later but for now I'm focusing on getting 3 Sith sets done.

Edited by Gunner070

Eh, I can see what some people mean when they say some of the cards in this thread are overpowered. But hey, they're dreams, right? I think that's part of the fun!

When you're having a dream, details that make no rational sense can seem perfectly natural. But when you wake up, the light of day reveals how silly they actually are. :)

Edited by MarthWMaster
REVISION 1

****SPOILERS FOR THRAWN TRILOGY****

Set: RLR 300

Card: 1/6

Title: Mt. Tantiss Cloning Facility (Sith)

Life/Resource: 5/1

Traits: Wayland

Action: While this Objective is undamaged, all friendly players may ignore the Limit 1 Unique Unit restriction on all Character Units they deploy

Flavor Text: "This secret storehouse was used by Grand Admiral Thrawn to create crewmen for his Dreadnaught fleet, but the insane clone Joruus C'baoth had uses for it as well."

Card:2/6 & 3/6

Title: (*) Luuke Skywalker

Faction/Type: Sith/Unit

Traits: Character, Clone, Force User

Cost/Life: 4/2

Combat icons: 2 Black Unit Damage, 2 White Objective Damage

Force Icons: 2

Action: none

Flavor Text: "Luuke was made from the lost hand of Luke Skywalker at Cloud City and wields the Lightsaber he also lost there."

Card: 4/6

Title: Clone

Faction/Type: Neutral/Unit

Traits: Character, Clone

Cost/Life: 2/1

Combat Icons: none

Force Icons: 1

Action: When this unit focuses to strike during an engagement, pick another participating non-Unique Character unit. This unit get all combat icons the chosen unit has (If the chosen unit won the edge battle, this unit gains those as well). Forced Reaction : After participating in an engagement, you must pay one resource or sacrifice this unit.

Card: 5/6

Title: (*) Luke's Old Lightsaber

Faction/Type: Neutral/Enhancement

Traits: Weapon

Cost: 2

Force Icons: 2

Action: Enhance a Force User or Force Sensitive unit. Enhanced unit gains two standard unit damage. Forced Reaction : When enhanced unit leaves play, this enhancement must move to another Force User or Force Sensitive unit (even an opponent's). If no such units are in play, discard this enhancement.

Card: 6/6

Title: (*) Spaarti Cloning Cylinder

Faction/Type: Sith/Enhancement

Traits: Wayland

Cost: 3

Resources: 1

Force Icons: 1

Action: Enhance your play area. You may discard this enhancement to resolve the following action. Interrupt : When any Character Unit is to leave play, instead place it aside. During your deploy phase, you may pay the cost to put this unit back in play under your control (It does not count towards your reserve value).

Good to go? I'm also just about done with Sith Set RLR305 "The Insane Clone" and will post it up soon.

Edited by Gunner070

I'd argue that Clone probably shouldn't be a trait for consistency's sake, since the 501st Legion cards should have it and don't (still not sure why they don't, but there you go).

Edited by MarthWMaster

True, but one of the cards I'm planning on giving the Light Side targets the Clone trait.

So my roommate and I just played a game and we were wondering what would a Chuck Norris card have so......

Title: (*) Chuck Norris

Cost: X

Life: 99

Force Icons: 0

Card text: Focus all opponent's available resource cards to play this unit

Reaction : When this unit is focused to strike, it gains one black unit damage, one black objective damage, and one tactics icon for every card ever printed in Star Wars: The Card Game.

Reaction : When this unit is committed to the force, both players lose the force struggle.

LOL!

So my roommate and I just played a game and we were wondering what would a Chuck Norris card have so......

Title: (*) Chuck Norris

Cost: X

Life: 99

Force Icons: 0

Card text: Focus all opponent's available resource cards to play this unit

Reaction : When this unit is focused to strike, it gains one black unit damage, one black objective damage, and one tactics icon for every card ever printed in Star Wars: The Card Game.

Reaction : When this unit is committed to the force, both players lose the force struggle.

LOL!

Chuck would still only destroy 1 unit per engagement. He has no way of splitting that damage up.

Here is my next Sith Set!!!

***THRAWN TRILOGY SPOILERS***

Set : RLR 305
Card : 1/6
Title : The Insane Clone (Sith)
Life/Resource : 6/1
Traits : Wayland
Action : Forced Reaction : When the Balance of the Force changes, the Player(s) who losses the force must place one damage on a target unit they control committed to the Force.
Flavor Text : "I AM JEDI MASTER C'BAOTH!!! The Empire -- The Universe -- is MINE!!!" -Joruus C'Bouth, "Star Wars: The Last Command"
Card : 2/6
Title : (*) Joruus C'Baoth
Type/Faction : Unit/Sith
Cost/Life : 4/2
Combat Icons : Black: 1 Unit, 1 Tactics; White: 1 Objective, 1 Tactics
Force Icons : 3
Traits : Character, Clone, Force User
Action : Reaction : While Joruus C'baoth is committed to the force, all OTHER friendly units committed to the Force add their Force icons to the force struggle even if they are exhausted.
Card : 3/6 & 4/6
Title : Myneyrsh Warrior
Type/Faction : Unit/Neutral
Cost/Life : 1/1
Combat Icons : Black: 2 Unit; White: 1 Unit
Force Icons : 1
Traits : Character
Action : Myneyrsh Warrior cannot be declared as an attacker or defender if the balance of the Force is with the Light Side
Card : 5/6
Title : Battle Meditation
Type/Faction : Enhance/Sith
Cost : 3
Force Icons : 3
Traits : Force, Control, Meditation
Action : Enhance your play area. When the balance of the Force is with the Dark Side, focus this enhancement during an engagement to allow a participating exhausted unit to resolve it's combat icons again (Focus the unit again afterward).
Card : 6/6
Title : Dark Side Brust
Type/Faction : Event/Sith
Cost : 1
Force Icons : 2
Traits : Force, Trap
Action : Reaction : When a friendly Force User unit leaves play during an engagement, deal one damage to 2 enemy participating units or 2 damage to one unit.
Thoughts?

You guys want me to keep this going? After today's announcement, I feel like this is even more pointless than it already was. But if you want me to continue, it'll motivate me to keep it going.

I think Jahan Cross from the Agent of the Empire comic series would make a great card.

Hey guys - first post here.

I took the awesome template from Galak and started to make a few cards of my own. These aren't finished yet, but I'd love to get your guys' eyes on them to tell me if they seem balanced enough.

Just to clarify - none of the art work is mine; I totally grabbed it from the internet. This is just done for fun and I don't want anyone thinking I'm trying to take credit for work that isn't mine. I just built these suckers in photoshop.

I don't have access to much in the way of assets which is why some of the icons are a little janky (the TD unit is lifted from an Imperial affiliation card and so it has the grey border instead of red.)

I want to do a whole Old Republic cycle which is why these guys are labelled specifically as Sith, as cards like Bastila are labelled as Jedi.

I'm having trouble building templates for the different affiliations so if anyone has any ideas on the best way to do that, I'd be super grateful!

Cheers!

UPDATE: Replaced Darth Bandon with a modified version.

DarthMalak_zps6a2b66b3.jpg?t=1400808746

DarthBandon_zpsa5f11ba4.jpg?t=1400808984

DarkJedi_zps497ef59d.jpg?t=1400808746

805c524a-fed0-4844-9508-915e3f63e54d_zps

Edited by JackUnion

Here's one more to add!

Cheers,

a91da6f7-45d0-41f8-8561-0b38c8917ffd_zps

FYI It's spelled Revan

Great cards I cannot wait to get em some day.

Darth Rivan is a separate character. He chose the name so he could be a Revan poser (not even joking about this).

Hey guys,

here are some Jedi cards from the Old Republic cycle I'm working on. The template for the card is not finished yet. I build it from scratch and there are still quite a few tweaks I need to make but I thought I'd throw them up now so people can take a look.

Cheers,

M

JediSentinel_zpscd1fc4a2.jpg?t=140116517

JediConsular_zps3386211a.jpg?t=140116520

JediGuardian_zpsd249af92.jpg?t=140116514

I would give the Consular 2 black tactics or 2 health. They are similar to Anzati elite except your unit requires resource matching so in my mind should be slightly better or equal.

Edited by KennedyHawk

I want a Thrawn set, and I think his objective card would be. Do you know art? The effect would be, Reaction: Every time you opponent plays a card that matches their affiliation you draw a card.

I would give the Consular 2 black tactics or 2 health. They are similar to Anzati elite except your unit requires resource matching so in my mind should be slightly better or equal.

That would depend on the set, though. Keep in mind, most of the Serve the Emperor set is highly situational. That's why I prefer designing whole sets of dream cards together, it helps figuring out what should be scaled up or down.

I agree. Just giving Jack a comparison that may help him balance his set.