New Custom Desgned Unit Cards - Looking For Suggestions!

By WatchItPlayed, in Dust Warfare

Hey y'all, for now, I'm going to take on:

1. Honey
  2. Wildfire
  3. Recon Ranger Squad
  4. Crack Shots Snipers
  5. 13 Foxtrot Observers
  6. Grim Reapers Heavy Ranger Attacks

So leave these be for now please.

CrayolaSmoker said:

Opened the PSD to start working on some Axis units and looks like I'm missing "Mom's Typewriter" - used on "Spec Ops" and "Weapons" in the special rule section.

As far as the Sturmpionere card, you could reclaim some space by tightening up the last two sentences of the Failsafe rules like so:

These Zombies are armed with Combat Knives (x2 each) instead of Panzer Gloves. This unit is worth 0 AP, never awards a Superiority Point, and is ignored when calculating objectives.

Great work and fast turnaround! If I can snag that font from ya, I plan to work on the Sturmgrenadiere platoon options tonight.

I've actually replaced those Mom's Typwriter sections with Veteren Typewriter. You might have gotten unlucky and grabbed one of the older PSD's with the Mom's Typewriter in it, sorry.

Id love to have you guys join up at the yaho group and use the files section to host your cards here we have a ton of space to hold them, if thats not a option contact me when you have a complete set of each and Id be happy to get them posted for folks..

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/NEAT-43/

New England AT-43! (Alternate Timeline 1943) said:

Id love to have you guys join up at the yaho group and use the files section to host your cards here we have a ton of space to hold them, if thats not a option contact me when you have a complete set of each and Id be happy to get them posted for folks..

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/NEAT-43/

Have you gone to my drop box? You can grab all the PSD's and JPG's there.

I've updated some Allies cards I did (forgot to add the word "shared" to Fast, and the Special Order for the Hell Boys). Added 2 Axis files as well. Added the Sturmpionieres as well ( this was already done by someone, but wanted to update the Spec Ops and Special abilities to be consistant with the other cards - I'll probabaly do this a bit… I'm anal that way).

My main objective is to do the cards from the Revised Core set, so Hans and Lara are next for me and then I'll be done for a bit.

Sturmpioneer have the heavy laser grenadier picture. I like the new layout on their skills better tho.

I think, that you should separate Platoon Speacial Orders and Rules and Unit Rules. May be you should do a cards for platoons.

The hero cards might want to have an indication as to which abilities are tagged as "shared".

It's a fairly important thing as some abilities don't transfer to squads.

DoomOnYou72 said:

Sturmpioneer have the heavy laser grenadier picture. I like the new layout on their skills better tho.

Ah, right you are - silly me, uploading new card now.

Major Mishap said:

You've put DM twice. I can see this project going a bit pear-shaped now, to many cooks and all that. More proof reading and less speed required. Also different fonts now being used between cards.

lol, yes, well, the idea was to put up templates so that people could make whatever sort of cards they want for the units they own (which I might not be as quick to create) and potentially help me get these done faster.

I had in mind that people might follow the idea of no fluff, full, but succinct rules, but some may want the fluff on their cards (as we're seeing). For me and I suspect others as well, we want these cards as rules helpers only, so you look at the ability and only see exactly what it does - so I'll be making cards for all the units following this format - my fussy nature demands a consistant set.

But people can do whatever else they want with them, which was the goal.

So here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to remove all my PSD files from the folder where I originally had them and upload the generic Soldier and Vehicle PSD templates.

Then in my gallery I will upload all of the cards I have created, and I'll put a unique star right beside where I put the Page reference for the unit (bottom right corner). If you see the star, you know you've got a card from my collection, whose rules are devoid of fluff and written consistantly across the cards. Doesn't mean my cards won't be without flaws, but if you let me know of a flaw I will correct it and re-upload it.

536RodneySmith said:

Major Mishap said:

You've put DM twice. I can see this project going a bit pear-shaped now, to many cooks and all that. More proof reading and less speed required. Also different fonts now being used between cards.

lol, yes, well, the idea was to put up templates so that people could make whatever sort of cards they want for the units they own (which I might not be as quick to create) and potentially help me get these done faster.

I had in mind that people might follow the idea of no fluff, full, but succinct rules, but some may want the fluff on their cards (as we're seeing). For me and I suspect others as well, we want these cards as rules helpers only, so you look at the ability and only see exactly what it does - so I'll be making cards for all the units following this format - my fussy nature demands a consistant set.

But people can do whatever else they want with them, which was the goal.

So here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to remove all my PSD files from the folder where I originally had them and upload the generic Soldier and Vehicle PSD templates.

Then in my gallery I will upload all of the cards I have created, and I'll put a unique star right beside where I put the Page reference for the unit (bottom right corner). If you see the star, you know you've got a card from my collection, whose rules are devoid of fluff and written consistantly across the cards. Doesn't mean my cards won't be without flaws, but if you let me know of a flaw I will correct it and re-upload it.

My intent was not to add fluff. I'm merely cutting and pasting from the pdf into the template. This way you have something you could revise into your base set. I think it got in there with the Zombies ability. I hope you can use what I uploaded.

Sounds like a good plan, I'm rather fussy too :)

Uploaded Hans to my gallery.

Anyone who wants me to be able to use what they've worked on will need to upload the PSD for me and provide a link to it. Thanks!

Thanks 536RodneySmith! Having worn a "uniform" or having a "dress code" for a good share of my life, I'm a tad OCD when it comes to things which should be uniform. I'll be looking for the unique star for the set I'll use. It's not that I don't appreciate others' work and efforts. It's just I appreciate yours as the originator of the cards I like the best thus far, and I concur with you on what should be on them. Keep up the great work, and many thanks for taking this on!

I still cannot see the blank cards anywhere - am I being thick? More than happy to help make some units for this project!

thejughead said:

Why? Sturmpioniere is not included in any other platoon.

Becouse not only Sturmpioniere can lead this platoon, so platoon cards will be good add.

And becouse "Failsafe" is platoon special order, and not Sturmpioniere special rule.

But it is just my IMHO. Your cards are great =)

Thanks to Kevin and Craig for sending me some great material to work with. Going to have some more cards out soon. Just added 13 Foxtro Observer Team. Many more coming over the next couple of days!

You guys rock!

Ignore this post, was trying to link a picture and it didn't work.

how do you want us to send you the cards we have worked on. I have Punisher and Fireball done.

MIne are in the dropbox Blutzkreuz directory…