WFRP Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II

By neilgfoster, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

cd8dman said:

I do have one question. Is it possible to disable the players ability to read creature stats?

Do you mean preventing players from seeing creature stats in the library? If so, then the way to do this would be to split your library in two. Into one library enter the information that you would share with players (Wounds, Conditions, Actions, etc.) and in the other enter the information that should be only available to the GM.

Using the module screen in the ruleset you can then specify the players library to be shared with the players, while the GM library is not.

Ok, few more questions.

1. I have finished all of the smaller cards but as I was going through them inside Fantasy Grounds, I noticed that it didn't add line spaces when I entered them into the description fields. Is there a way to do this? I would like to move the boon / bane info below the regular info in the descriptions separated only by a starting a new line in the field.

2. Is there a way to actually have the symbols show up when I put them in the descriptions. So far I have just been spelling them out.

3. In FG, when clicking the manage characters option, I don't seem to have access to any of the library info and it isn't listed in the modules. Do I need to copy the library somewhere else to do this and if so where?

Also, to neil.

Thank you thank you thank you for doing this ruleset. If you hadn't, honestly, warhammer fantasy never would have been possible with my long time gaming friends.

It has benefited FFG for sure. Being able to play with my regular group is the reason I purchased so much expansion material as well. Prior to this toolset, I had only purchased the Core set and Adventurer's Vault. Since then, I've added Winds of Magic, Signs of Faith, Creature Vault, GM Toolkit, Witches Song and soon to be Omens of War. It will also likely sell an additional 6 Players Guides as they pick them up.

cd8dman said:

1. I have finished all of the smaller cards but as I was going through them inside Fantasy Grounds, I noticed that it didn't add line spaces when I entered them into the description fields. Is there a way to do this? I would like to move the boon / bane info below the regular info in the descriptions separated only by a starting a new line in the field.

FG supports a limited HTML syntax for the formatted text fields. Wrapping your text in a paragraph block <p></p> will start each paragraph on a new line. E.g.

<p>Some description stuff</p>

<p>[success] You Succeed!</p>

<p>[bane] you fail!</p>

cd8dman said:

2. Is there a way to actually have the symbols show up when I put them in the descriptions. So far I have just been spelling them out.

Daedalum has created an extension for the ruleset that allows you to enter the symbols. If you read forward a few pages on this thread then you should find the details. For the next release, I am working on adding support for the symbols directly into the ruleset.

cd8dman said:

3. In FG, when clicking the manage characters option, I don't seem to have access to any of the library info and it isn't listed in the modules. Do I need to copy the library somewhere else to do this and if so where?

If the library is working inside a campaign, then it should work inside the character manager without any other changes. I will look into why this does not seem to be appearing.

What do you recommend for when the requirements for an action differ between conservative and reckless sides? For example (Aaah - Call him off!) requires medium range for conservative and close range for reckless.

Same situation for misfortune die for Beat Back.

I usually put a note in the description or requirements field.

Reckless : Close range

Conservative : Medium range

Neil updated the recharge field on cards to reflect stance.

ok, that will work. Entering these cards has made me realize some of the differences between the conservative and reckless sides that I hadn't noticed before.

What about when the name of the skill is different from conservative to reckless?

such as Leap From Stillness / Stooping Hawk Leap

cd8dman said:

What about when the name of the skill is different from conservative to reckless?

such as Leap From Stillness / Stooping Hawk Leap

I've gotten around that issue by just making the name of the skill both names.

I have another issue though. Is there any way to make the action cards wider. The text for the check is too wide.

Any luck on the manage characters issue? I still can't load any modules when trying to manage characters. I verified that this issue only occurs with the warhammer fantasy ruleset. Pathfinder/3e/4e all work fine.

cd8dman said:

I have another issue though. Is there any way to make the action cards wider. The text for the check is too wide.

Not at the moment, the size of the action card windows is fixed. I will add this to the list of changes to make for a future version

cd8dman said:

Any luck on the manage characters issue? I still can't load any modules when trying to manage characters. I verified that this issue only occurs with the warhammer fantasy ruleset. Pathfinder/3e/4e all work fine.

I can confirm that I am getting the same issue. I think that it is down the the type of library module that has been defined - I will look into the difference between the WFRP module and others with work when Managing Characters in FG.

Ok, thanks. Maybe someday I will try to take a peak at how you put this all together. For now, boring data entry. All I can really say at this point is that I have finished all the mini cards and am grinding away at actions at the moment. Luckily, I have no spellcasters so once I get the melee, ranged, and support actions input, I will consider myself at a state that is playable enough to get the game rolling.

After a little break for the festive season and the arrival of a new addition to the family, I thought I'd post to let people know that development of the ruleset will be picking up again as I get back into the swing of things.

The plan for the next release is to address any issues that have been raised, add support for the dice symbols throughout the ruleset, plus add support for the new rules introduced in Lure of Power. Hopefully I will get this done pretty soon as I have finally managed to crack the dice symbols.

Just like to announce that the next release of the WFRP 3e ruleset for Fantasy Grounds is in its final testing. This release adds:

• Support for the dice symbols in the ruleset and library modules
  • Stressed and Fatigued indicators to the character sheet and initiative tracker
  • Ability to track Noble Rank and Shame from Lure of Power
  • Support for Retainers from Lure of Power
  • Slightly refactored the layout of the character sheets to make managing actions and talents easier

I will be finished testing very soon, so watch this space!

I really just wanted this to use as an offline tool to keep track of NPCs, wounds etc. But I can't create NPCs. Never used this program before, but I started a new campaign and clicked the NPC button. I could write some text, but no way to enter stats and such. I don't know what I have done wrong :(

How do I create an npc?

I wish FFG would release a NPC manager program where you can build NPCs with all released cards and use it as a game tool where you select a npc to use one of his actions. Then the program makes the check, posts the result, adds recharge tokens etc. Then there's a big button that says NEW TURN and everything is refreshed (tokens removed, trol regainst health etc.).

Simply and easy.

Gallows said:

How do I create an npc?

NPC's are organised into groups within the ruleset. When you click the NPC button and click 'New' a new NPC group is created. The NPC group is used to track additional details such as progress trackers for nemesis organisation etc.

To add an NPC, right click on the empty NPC area on the first tab of the NPC group sheet. Click the 'Add New Item' button to add a new NPC. From there you can now set the NPC's stats, action cards and other details.

neilgfoster said:

Gallows said:

How do I create an npc?

NPC's are organised into groups within the ruleset. When you click the NPC button and click 'New' a new NPC group is created. The NPC group is used to track additional details such as progress trackers for nemesis organisation etc.

To add an NPC, right click on the empty NPC area on the first tab of the NPC group sheet. Click the 'Add New Item' button to add a new NPC. From there you can now set the NPC's stats, action cards and other details.

Oh cheers!

Just wanted to check it out. It's very cool that you can just drag a whole stat to the dice builder and it picks the stance dice. It also tracks A/C/E. I'll have to play with it to see if it could work as a simple NPC tracker instead of paper. :)

Gallows said:

Just wanted to check it out. It's very cool that you can just drag a whole stat to the dice builder and it picks the stance dice. It also tracks A/C/E. I'll have to play with it to see if it could work as a simple NPC tracker instead of paper. :)

The ruleset includes an initiative tracker window. You can drag and drop NPCs to this window, set their Initiative value and then use it to keep track of whos turn it is. That may also help when tracking NPCs

Ok, that's handy... will have to find that initiative tracker though :D

For some reason the font for strenght, toughness etc. are all very light, so can hardly read them. It's like there is no contrast between the background and the font.

Found it. Nice. Now I accidentally put a tracker token on the little circle shape on the npc card and I can't make it come off again :D

On the initiative tracker there are also entries like: S, F, Po, Fa - that isn't used and I can't seem to do anything with thos entries. Just curious... what are they?

Also I understand it right when I say the actions have no mechanical effect (letting you drag an action to the dice pool window so it sets up recharge and the dice pool)?

Gallows said:

For some reason the font for strenght, toughness etc. are all very light, so can hardly read them. It's like there is no contrast between the background and the font.

If a characteristic value is 0 then it is greyed out. Setting a value should set the font color to black making it stand out - if it doesnt then its a bug and I will fix it!

Gallows said:

Found it. Nice. Now I accidentally put a tracker token on the little circle shape on the npc card and I can't make it come off again :D

You cant at the moment! That token is on the NPC sheet so that a GM can quickly drag the token to a map or image.

Gallows said:

On the initiative tracker there are also entries like: S, F, Po, Fa - that isn't used and I can't seem to do anything with thos entries. Just curious... what are they?

Those values are for Player characters (S - Stress, F - Fatigue, Po - Power, Fa - Favour). As NPCs do no have these values, they are not shown. Create a character and drag to the initiative tracker to see the full details.

Gallows said:

Also I understand it right when I say the actions have no mechanical effect (letting you drag an action to the dice pool window so it sets up recharge and the dice pool)?

Correct - Actions have no effect, they are merely there for reference. You cannot create a dice pool from them yet either - I am planning on adding that feature in the next version

On my version 1.1 the text does not get highlighted when values are put in. For the top entries it's also a bit hard to make out what it says (have a high res as well, not making it better), I mean type, name, race etc.

If you want to make the actions interactive, then it could be nice if they were greyed out or something in the list, while recharging, or perhaps having a recharging symbol.

Perhaps a window where you can add relevant modifiers, so if a NPC is blinded you can give him a general modifier that is added to all checks if you wish.

I don't know, just ideas. Great work, I can see how playing online with this tool is very doable.

Congratulations on the new edition to the family :D

Did you by chance correct the issue that prevents players from being able to load anything in the manage characters area. For players with only a player license this is the only way they could create a character.

Love what you have done so far, looking forward to the next version.

cd8dman said:

Did you by chance correct the issue that prevents players from being able to load anything in the manage characters area. For players with only a player license this is the only way they could create a character.

Love what you have done so far, looking forward to the next version.

I am still looking into this. I can get the library to show, but the drag and drop functionatlity does not work when managing characters making the library a little redundant. This appears to be a limitation in Fantasy Grounds rather than the ruleset - the manage character mode does not support the full functionality when running a campaign.

I am trying to see if I can write my own code to make it work, so bear with me.

Ignore that last comment. A fresh look this morning has revealed that it is my fault! I have resolved the issue and will include these changes in the forthcoming release.

To make the library appear in Manage Character mode, simply rename the common.xml file within the library to client.xml . The drag and drop wont work yet until I release the next version.

All, I am pleased to annouce that a new version of the WFRP 3rd Edition ruleset for Fantasy Grounds has been released. This release adds the following features:

* Allow library to show in Manage Character mode
* Add support for retainers to initiative tracker
* Add support for retainers to followers sheet
* Add talent slots to npc group sheet
* Refactor actions and talents on NPC sheet
* Refactor actions and talents on follower sheet
* Refactor actions and talent lists on character sheet
* Add support to track shame and noble rank to character sheet
* Add strained and fatigued indicator to initiative tracker
* Add strained and fatigued indicator to character sheet
* Hide chits and cards when in character creation
* Hide NPC wounds from players on the Initiative Tracker
* Add traits to party sheet
* Add reference class type
* Add support for symbols font throughout ruleset

Please refer to the links in the original post to download this new version.