WFRP Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II

By neilgfoster, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

To download the latest version, report bugs, or request new features for this ruleset then please click here

***** UPDATED 7th May 2015 *****

Version 1.5.2 of the WFRP ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II is now available. This release fixes some bugs raised by the community:

• BUG - Resolved issue with party sheet token
  • BUG - Resolved issue with talent slots
  • BUG - Resolved issue with exporting modules

Your campaigns will be automatically upgrade by the new ruleset, although I recommend making a backup in case of any problems.

Note that while the ruleset is freely available, Fantasy Grounds is a paid-for product. This ruleset is not endorsed by, nor affiliated with, Games Workshop, Fantasy Flight Games, or Smiteworks Ltd. It does not include any of the content from the rulebooks and you will therefore still need the rulebooks in order to play.

Edited by neilgfoster

Also note that I won't be stopping at v1.0!

I already have a list of extra features scheduled for the next version - mainly revolving being able to incorporate the new rules that have been introduced in Black Fire Pass.

Nice work Neil!!

I really want to like Fantasy Grounds (FG) but being a fairly heavy maptool user I found FG difficult to navigate and use.

Your framework might give me the will to give it another try.

Hi Neil,

Im so happy you made it !

It s a great work not quite done yet but so much easy to use !

Thank you so much from me and my Internet roleplayer's group !

Cheers

I'll throw my two cents in here, and say that Neil has done a great job with this. Some of the other guys from Reckless Dice and myself ran through a few adventures with Neil while using the ruleset and we had a wonderful time.

Excellent work!

I know I am looking forward to using it more in the future.

Gitzman

Very nice.

jh

I'm blown away at the quality of what Neil has achieved here. I also cannot wait to continue the adventures of Mario Valleresso, Tilean Dog of War.

Keep up the great work Neil and Thanks for the opportunity to play.

¬ LC

Just had a quick play with the ruleset and it looks very good, im still finding FG difficult to use but the PDF has helped.

This looks absolutely phenomenal! Great job.

I played a lot of v1 (my own ruleset) and v2 using FGII . Looking forward to trying this out soon!

I developed the Fantasy Grounds ruleset for WFRP1 and WFRP2 (with data entry assistance from AzureaWFRP).

I would like to heartily thank you! I really wanted to do this, but it was beyond my coding skills.

Thanks again - I can play with my far away buds again!

--Nez

Exactly what I've been waiting for! It's next to perfect, and if I can figure out how to successfully edit the common file (library mod), it will be perfect!

The thing I love about Fantasy Grounds over map tools is how easy it is to add story entries with nice formatting and even links.

Thanks for making this!

Romus said:

if I can figure out how to successfully edit the common file (library mod), it will be perfect!

The template library provides examples of each type of 'Content' in the library, including all the supported attributes. I also included some basic instructions in the PDF on how to unpack, edit, and pack the module. If you need any assistance then feel free to PM me, I will help as much as I can.

Neil - What type of account do you use to run your games?

Romus - How steep is the learning curve from maptool to FG?

Cheers

MARVIN THE ARVN said:

Not sure what you mean by 'Account'? If you mean which version of Fantasy Grounds do I use, I have an 'Ultimate' license - this allows me to host games as a GM for any player, even if they have not purchased FG.

Neil - You guessed correctly, I saw that offer but it seems alot of money for something im not sure about.

Gitzman and The Strolling Bones - I listened to that episode and it was good fun. Poor dog.

Anyway enough of the rambling, good work Neil.

Great job !

I have bought the FG2 licence because of your ruleset...

I still have to understand how to make things work, etc... but it's very promising...

I can't find the possibility to automatically add several dice..

Example : right-click on the Green die --- > Add X Dice

or maybe to pre-build a pool and roll all the dice at the same time...

le_renard said:

The brown box above the custom dice is the dice pool builder - drag an drop dice onto the box to build a pool of dice, then drag the contents of the box to the chat window in order to roll the pool.

You can use the shortcut feature of Fantasy Grounds to store pre-defined dice pools - build a dice pool then drag and drop the pool to one of the shortcut slots at the bottom of the screen. You can simply click the slot to roll the pool, or drag and drop it as normal.

There is also a lot of shortcuts in the ruleset to aid in quickly building dice pools - try dragging a characteristic value from a character sheet and you will see that a dice pool is automatically created taking into account your characters stance as well.

le_renard said:

Great job !

I have bought the FG2 licence because of your ruleset...

I still have to understand how to make things work, etc... but it's very promising...

I think when using WFRPv3 with FGII most rolls will be built in the Dice Pool Builder rather than using macros.

I say that because the GM, depending on the situation, will need to add to the pool before you roll, e.g. adding Misfortune for climbing in the rain. And even after the GM adds dice to your pool, you have another opportunity to add Fortune to your pool before the roll.

Earlier I tested the drag and drop method: In a Character sheet I set my PC's stance to 1 reckless. The PC's STR was 3 with 1 Fortune associated with it. I clicked the STR of 3 and dragged it to the Dice Pool Builder and dropped the dice in. Neil's programming automatically changed 1 of my 3 challenge die to a reckless die and the pool included the 1 Fortune associated with the Characteristic! Very Cool.

Romus - How steep is the learning curve from maptool to FG?

Cheers

I didn't use map tool until a few weeks ago, so I may not be giving it a fair shake if there are tools I am not aware of. But I downloaded, and really enjoyed looking at the maps developed by Gitzman. I'll continue to reference his maps as I run the adventures.

For the average user, getting used to the interface of Fantasy Grounds is all that is needed, and not hard. For the GM it can get more complicated, but there are several video tutorials that go a long way to helping you out.

Great Job !

I've already update the module with new entries (All the conditions and wounds cards and some spells).

It works perfectly !

Just a little problem : If a spell have a different recharge value (Example : 4 if Conservative/ 3 if Reckless), but only 1 Slot for the 2 values...

In the case of different recharge value for Cards I put a comma.

Example : If Reckless is 4 and Conservative is 3, I put 3.4 in this recharge field (always start with the Conservative value).

As you put the current recharge token manually, it s no big deal to take the right one ;)

Hope it helps :)

Turnar said:

Just a little problem : If a spell have a different recharge value (Example : 4 if Conservative/ 3 if Reckless), but only 1 Slot for the 2 values...

I didn't realise that different actions may have different recharge values based on stance. I will add this to the list of things to look into for the next release

Good Idea to put a comma.

I'll update my ruleset with your idea...

Just an update. I played my first game across the ruleset. Just a 1-on-1 Thief/Second Story Job scenario. It worked great.

I can't count how many times I said, "Nice touch" as I stumbled across another feature or convenience. A very functional and worthy effort.

--Nez

Just want to chime in an say: "AWESOME!"

This really is great!

I am even thinking about using it for our "real" games for referencing NPCs and such easily.