Deck Builder freeware for CoC CCG/LCG (2.0.4 of 26-May-2013)

By Nyarlazorbec, in CoC General Discussion

Fantastic! FFG should employ you to create an online version for the website - some kind of Mythopedia.

What if the deckbuilder could run a routine and scroll through either the cards list or selected cards. Options could include delay time and repeat. You could have a sort list by random and watch your deck unfold as if drawing cards. You could also just watch cards come up even if the program is idle, like a slide show.

All Hail the deckbuilder!

Thanks for the kind words, guys happy.gif

johnny shoes said:

What if the deckbuilder could run a routine and scroll through either the cards list or selected cards. Options could include delay time and repeat. You could have a sort list by random and watch your deck unfold as if drawing cards. You could also just watch cards come up even if the program is idle, like a slide show.

All Hail the deckbuilder!

That could be fun...some sort of 'card of the day' every 5 seconds. I'll think about that...

Regards,

Nyarla

Very useful program - any chance of an AGOT equivalent, perhaps?

Amante said:

Thanks !

I've been tempted to make an AGOT version but, considering the number of cards and the different formats, there is way too much work for me...

...there are excellent websites that already give something similar, though ;)

Regards,

Nyarla

Can someone upload basespics for Core and other LCG packs somewhere else? As french server where they now are slow as hell, its download on 7-15kbs speed, and then just stops dead on 95% and if you try dl it with manager - start saying that its not archive but html page.

Nyarlazorbec said:

Amante said:

Thanks !

I've been tempted to make an AGOT version but, considering the number of cards and the different formats, there is way too much work for me...

...there are excellent websites that already give something similar, though ;)

Regards,

Nyarla

What are some of these websites? I'm new to AGOT so I don't know them yet . . . I really only care about the LCG specifically, so as long as it had up to date cards for that I'd be interested.

Amante said:

What are some of these websites? I'm new to AGOT so I don't know them yet . . . I really only care about the LCG specifically, so as long as it had up to date cards for that I'd be interested.

http://www.tzumainn.com/agot/ is a good one. Card images aren't always there, but the text always seems to be correct.

To answer my own question, Tzumainn.com seems to do the job, although if anyone knows a place with visual spoilers, that'd be nice, as who doesn't like pretty pictures? :)

(also looking for a visual spoiler for the latest CoC asylum pack as it's not implemented in the deck builder yet)

Penek said:

Can someone upload basespics for Core and other LCG packs somewhere else? As french server where they now are slow as hell, its download on 7-15kbs speed, and then just stops dead on 95% and if you try dl it with manager - start saying that its not archive but html page.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CallofCthulhuLCG/ has the updates for the Lackey Call of Cthulhu plugin, which has the same directory images that the deck builder uses.

yeah tnx, already got from them = also tweaked file to get it work on lackey

Doesn't appear to have The Path To Y'ha-nthlei card images yet either . . . guess no one's scanned them yet :(

Amante said:

Doesn't appear to have The Path To Y'ha-nthlei card images yet either . . . guess no one's scanned them yet :(

Hi,

I've never announced that either...

Just keep an eye on my announcements (or the news page of the website) and you'll see when they become available.

As you guessed, no one scanned the cards yet...

Regards,

Nyarla

Penek said:

Yeah I forgot to add the first line into the converter program. I uploaded a better setinfo.txt there now. Hopefully this can take some of the bandwidth off of Nyarlazorbec's site and save him some $. :)

What about uploading full file? who doesnt need all sets can just turn them off by filters..

Penek said:

What about uploading full file? who doesnt need all sets can just turn them off by filters..

The Yahoo group has a file size limit of 5 megs. The full zip is much larger, so I had to do it one by one.

KallistiBRC said:

Penek said:

Yeah I forgot to add the first line into the converter program. I uploaded a better setinfo.txt there now. Hopefully this can take some of the bandwidth off of Nyarlazorbec's site and save him some $. :)

If you are speaking of the card sets zip files, there is no problem of bandwidth/cost for quite some time, now.

The dl.free.fr service is free of use and independant from my website. But beware : each time I have to update a zip file, the download link is regenerated. So you'll have to check it each time I release a new version.

Regards,

Nyarla

Still finding this program a tremendously useful one; I use it to build all my decks

One feature request, if possible: a new column for cost, and an option in the "sort list" boxes to to sort cards by cost. Would help a lot for fixing resource curve issues in a deck in a quick and timely manner.

Thanks again for the excellent program. :)

Advanced filters. Filter 1. Cost

If you haven't spied the advanced filters yet, hold on to your socks.

Amante said:

Still finding this program a tremendously useful one; I use it to build all my decks

One feature request, if possible: a new column for cost, and an option in the "sort list" boxes to to sort cards by cost. Would help a lot for fixing resource curve issues in a deck in a quick and timely manner.

Thanks again for the excellent program. :)

Thank you for your support happy.gif

Like Johnny wrote, using the cost filter would be better IMHO.

The lists and sort orders lists are already quite crowded and it is a hard work to add anything to them...

Regards,

Nyarla

Thanks Nyarla for this amazing program. It's easy to use and very helpful.

I wish the moderators would just sticky this topic above the normal topics just to make it easier.

Is there a way to use the advanced filters with the deck being built, or just the overall list of cards? Thanks again.

Amante said:

Is there a way to use the advanced filters with the deck being built, or just the overall list of cards? Thanks again.

Only the main card list where it is relevant, considering the large amount of cards. Putting filters on different lists would be very complex and troublesome in terms of ergonomics.

There are not much cards in a normal deck list (i.e. not 'Highlander' deck), so browsing through it is generally sufficient to find what you are looking for...

Regards,

Nyarla

Is there a way to use the deck builder to print off a copy listing all lcg cards

so I can remember which cards came from which APs? This mess could have been

avoided if each AP had more specific Collector info. I've tried to use the deck builder

to do this but can't seem to get it to work. I guess I could print a seperate card list for

each AP but that would be 8 seperate sheets. It would be nice to combine them for half that.

Is it possible? If so maybe someone could guide me through the process?

ap number = 6 + ceil(card nr. div 20)