Deck Builder freeware for CoC CCG/LCG (2.0.4 of 26-May-2013)

By Nyarlazorbec, in CoC General Discussion

Hello cultists,

FOR THE LATEST RELEASE NEWS, PLEASE READ LAST MESSAGES OF THE TOPIC

Back from the old board, again, here is the description of the well-knowned piece of software gui%C3%B1o.gif

There is a full-featured, free and compact deck builder for CoC CCG/LCG, downloadable on my web site :

Cthulhu Deck Builder website

As for the LOTR TCG version, it is a freeware and runs on any Windows 9X/2K/XP system (or Linux using WinE for example).

The minimum requirements are :
- 2 MB of free disk space
- A graphic resolution of 800x600 pixels in thousands of colors (higher is better).
- The software uses less than 10 MB of memory when running.

The software does not require any additionnal DLL, runtime or database and does not install anything into the system folders or registry.

The main GUI is available in english and french.

It contains a complete database of the published cards in english, including FAQ corrections, flavor texts and illustrator names.
It displays cards in a compact manner to keep the software as light as possible.
This is the best spoiler list you may have at your fingertips.

You can filter cards by faction, card type, title, gametext, collector number and many more advanced filters (rarity, sub-type, keywords, skill, cost, number of icons, struggle icons, and more…)

You can add cards to your deck with just one click and adjust quantities very quickly.

The deck list can be loaded, saved, exported (text-delimited, spoiler and html formats), printed and checked according current tournament rules.

There is also an import function to copy part of an existing deck, statistics display by culture, card type and rarity and a notepad to enter complementary informations about the deck. A scratch pad allow you to keep at hand the best cards to use for last minute changes to your deck.

You can also display card quantities you own using the collection.txt file (please, see the readme.txt file for details).

THIS SOFTWARE IS NOT SUPPORTED BY FANTASY FLIGHT PUBLISHING INC., so ask me directly for any support, suggestions or bug reports.

Happy deckbuilding gui%C3%B1o.gif

Nyarlazorbec

Hello there,

This is just the third transfer of the old topic from the previous boards.

...and the Ancient Horrors pictures pack for the DeckBuilder is available on the download page gran_risa.gif

Have fun !

Nyarla

Nyarlazorbec said:

Hello there,

This is just the third transfer of the old topic from the previous boards.

...and the Ancient Horrors pictures pack for the DeckBuilder is available on the download page gran_risa.gif

Have fun !

Nyarla

Great, as always!

Five good reasons to never use / not download nyarlazorbec's deckbuilder.

5. You live in a cave and misinterpret the shadows on the walls for real life.

4. You love the game but hate looking at the cards, all the cards in any order, any break down you can imagine or stumble upon.

3. You don't have a computer, or are a committed ludite and think art is for hippies.

2. You know cthulhu will destroy all, and have given up your will to live. Or fear success.

1. The Bruins will take the 2009 Stanley Cup.

Hello cultists,

That **** board does not allow me to edit the main title of this topic, but :

The new Deck Builder version is available !

This new 1.4.3 version changes are:

• Added all cards of the LCG Core Set .
  • Added first published cards of the Asylum pack : The Spawn of the Sleeper.
  • Adaptation of filters to the new cards.

Note that most of the changes/typos (except 2-3 obvious ones) are reproduced the same way they are printed.

Cards which have a title or faction changes are still recognized as identical to their original copies in order to have a correct card count check.

The Core Set pictures are available at the bottom of the download page gui%C3%B1o.gif

Have fun !

Nyarla

i must say it again this is like a must have for building decks. thanks again for all the time and work you put into this.

I agree, this is completely awesome and is making it that much more simple for my friends and I to get into the game - kudos, Nyarlazorbec!

Thanks for the update. As always, much appreciated.

Great software, thank you! I use the deck builder almost on a daily basis, it's such a great tool.

Nyarly, will there be a Linux version one day?

Bard said:

Great software, thank you! I use the deck builder almost on a daily basis, it's such a great tool.

Nyarly, will there be a Linux version one day?

Thank you, all.

A Linux version is not possible with my development system, but some Linux users told me that it works fine with a Windows emulator like WinE gui%C3%B1o.gif

Fhtagn !

Nyarla

Hello,

To people having problems with the Forbidden Relics pictures zip :

It seems that the built-in zip extraction feature of the Windows Explorer has some difficulties with this file.

The file itself is good. (and Windows still has bugs).

So, if you really want to handle zip files correctly, please use a dedicated software like the 7Zip freeware. It will allow a correct extraction of the file (and safier handling of your zip files in general).

Regards,

Nyarla

Hello cultists,

A new version 1.4.4 of the Deck Builder is available !

This version will bring you the complete Asylum : The Spawn of the Sleeper cards set gui%C3%B1o.gif

The picture pack will be available later...I have too much works in progress for the moment !

Have fun happy.gif

Nyarla

That was quick! Cool. Thanks.

you're the man nyarly! gran_risa.gif

Any news about a possible update?

I'd love to get the pictures from the newest AP. :)

Bard said:

I'd love to get the pictures from the newest AP. :)

I would love too gui%C3%B1o.gif

I don't have scans yet to make an update, but I'll post here as soon as it is ready...

Regards,

Nyarla

Thanks a lot! Is it in some way possible to add the quantity of the cards in the asylum packs?

newager said:

Thanks a lot! Is it in some way possible to add the quantity of the cards in the asylum packs?

If you open the Starters folder installed with the DeckBuilder, you'll find 4 of them as deck lists, along with others.

I'll complete the list with the next release of the software.

Nyarla

Ah, thanks again. Didn´t know about this option.

Hello cultists,

You can shake your sticky tentacles with joy : the new DeckBuilder is online !

The (big) news are :

- Added all cards of the Asylum pack : The Horror Beneath the Surface .
- Added all cards of the Asylum pack : The Antediluvian Dreams .
- Added first published card of the Asylum pack : The Terror of the Tides.
- Adaptation of filters to the new cards.
- Added card lists for new asylum packs (in the 'All Cards' folder).
- Added and renamed deck lists for all the 9 published Asylum packs (in the 'Starters' folder).

Looking to the download page, you'll see that the image packs have been reorganised, much easier to use (no more zips-in-zips).

There are two packs :

- One zip with all the CCG cards (black borders). No new cards here, download is not necessary if you already have them.

- One zip with all the LCG cards (white borders) up to the Asylum pack : Antediluvian Dreams ! (Hummm, yummy !)

Have fun !

Nyarla

may cthulhu bless you how ever it sees fit...

thanks for the updates and all the work you put into this.

Wonderful, thanks for all your effort!

Fantastic! Thank you.