Deck Builder freeware for CoC CCG/LCG (2.0.4 of 26-May-2013)

By Nyarlazorbec, in CoC General Discussion

Thanks for the update!

Hi there,

A small preview of what's coming next...

teaserv2c.jpg

Cheers !

Nyarlazorbec said:

Hi there,

A small preview of what's coming next...

teaserv2c.jpg

Cheers !

babeo.gif babeo.gif babeo.gif

Really interesting, can't wait to see the new version!

And it's gonna run on iOS too, right? :P

wow, looks like the ui from the lord of the rings deck editor.. i could not be more excited... your a star Nyarlazorbec, a real legend

dboeren said:

Really interesting, can't wait to see the new version!

And it's gonna run on iOS too, right? :P

Can't do that, sorry to disappoint you gui%C3%B1o.gif

booored said:

wow, looks like the ui from the lord of the rings deck editor.. i could not be more excited... your a star Nyarlazorbec, a real legend

sonrojado.gif

Preparing a quick-start guide on the new user interface now...

Cheers !

Hello cultists,

Though a nasty flu tried to pinned me down in bed, I managed to finish the...

...new version 2.0.0 of the DeckBuilder !

I dedicate it to Jean "Moebius" Giraud , who left us for a final trip in the dreamlands of his own. I'll miss this great artist sad.gif !

Now, let's have some more fun, starting with a summary of new things :

• Added all cards of the Asylum : Shadow of the Monolith .
  • Added cards and deck lists for the newly completed sets.
  • Added first published cards of next Asylum packs and expansion.
  • Complete redesign of the DeckBuilder , with a customizable graphic user interface, more filters, detailed statistics and probabilities, and so much more...

For more details about this new version of the DeckBuilder, please read the quick start guide detailing each screen, avaible in the "Description" page of the web site.

Important : as it is a complete rewrite of the software, there may be a few bugs left here and there. Please, report them to me !

Many thanks, again, to FredHot for the scans !

The COCLCG3.zip picture pack was updated with the last pictures.

Enjoy and comment !

Nyarla

Excellent! I'll see if I can download and install this when I get off work tonight.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Got it installed, working fine on my Mac using Crossover.

I have a bit to do to learn the new UI but everything looks great!

Looks great, thanks for all the great effort you put in this really awesome deckbuilder. I have spend many hours with it.

I am not a fan of the colours that are used when first downloaded but I noticed you made some themes for the deckbuilder, just fantastic. Me love Snows of antartic.

This is amazing. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Thank you guys happy.gif

I'm pinned down in bed by a nasty flu at the moment, but I appreciate your comments !

dboeren said:

Got it installed, working fine on my Mac using Crossover.

I have a bit to do to learn the new UI but everything looks great!

Very valuable feedback for all Mac users. Thank you, again gui%C3%B1o.gif

Cheers !

awesome as always. I've been using your LoTR deck builder for as long as it has een out and very comfortable with the UI.. I think this is a real imporvment imo to the old coc app... just fantastic work you do for the community in general.

Hi Nyarla!

I've downloaded and installed the new version (with the new GUI) of the builder for CoC. I installed it on Linux using Wine. While the previous verions were running perfectly, this one seems to run into some troubles. In particular, the rendering of the graphics. In particular, it seems that where there are supposed to be some "icons" or "cards" those components are flattened out, instead of being fully displayed.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.xx. I know that Linux support is not a feature, but just to let you know!

If the above description is not clear, I can send you some screenshots.

thanks anyway!

Konx

Konx said:

Hi Nyarla!

I've downloaded and installed the new version (with the new GUI) of the builder for CoC. I installed it on Linux using Wine. While the previous verions were running perfectly, this one seems to run into some troubles. In particular, the rendering of the graphics. In particular, it seems that where there are supposed to be some "icons" or "cards" those components are flattened out, instead of being fully displayed.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.xx. I know that Linux support is not a feature, but just to let you know!

If the above description is not clear, I can send you some screenshots.

thanks anyway!

Konx

Hi Konx,

Thank you for the feedback and sorry if the new UI causes some problems with Wine.

I wouldn't say that I didn't expect it though, as I used heavier graphic code than the previous UI.

Some screenshots would be welcome, to see exactly what happens. I'm not sure I can do anything, though...

Cheers,

Nyarla

That's a bit unexpected to me, as it works with Crossover on my Mac and that's just a fancy wrapper around Wine. Are you on a pretty current version of Wine? If not, you might try upgrading.

As always, thank you. I find this program invaluable.

Thanks for the comments !

A little message to let everyone know that the card images packs are now available to download on Jumbofiles (see the download page on my website).

The previous download links are still available, but there is a new buggy captcha system (at least if you don't read french…).

Cheers,

Nyarla

Thanks for the update!

I almost couldn't imagine building decks without your DeckBuilder. With over 1000 cards available in the LCG now it would be overwhelming without a way to filter and search the cardsets.

What I really like about the new version is the expanded statistics section.

What I didn't like as much was the inclusion of the set selection in the filtering but I can live with that.

I also noticed a bug when removing cards from the decklist close to the bottom of the list: Deleting cards from the bottom up works fine, but not the other way around. Then again apart from two error messages nothing bad happens. I think the error is caused by trying to update the visible part of the listbox control when the last line ends up being empty.

Hi jhaelen,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm not sure to clearly understand in which situations you had error messages. Is it while removing cards from the decklist or the stories list ? Starting from the top, middle or bottom of the list ?

Cheers,

Nyarla

Nyarlazorbec said:

I'm not sure to clearly understand in which situations you had error messages. Is it while removing cards from the decklist or the stories list ? Starting from the top, middle or bottom of the list ?

I'll reproduce the error and send you some screenshots!

jhaelen said:

It's while removing cards from the decklist. It happens when I start removing cards from the middle causing the list to shrink until the last line ends up being empty. At that point two (French) error messages are displayed and then the list box looks as if the last line was duplicated (due to an refresh error that goes away after scrolling up and back down).

I'll reproduce the error and send you some screenshots!

Hello,

Your description should be enough to try and reproduce the bug at home, thanks. No need for screenshots at the moment gui%C3%B1o.gif

I'll keep you informed of my findings…

Cheers,

Nyarla

Hello cultists,

The new version 2.0.1 of the DeckBuilder is now available !

• Added all cards of the Asylum : Written and Bound .
  • Added cards and deck lists for the newly completed sets.
  • Added first published cards of next Asylum packs and expansion.
  • Added a button on the card text and picture display screens, to the left of the closing button, to make these screens able to stay on top of the other screens of the DeckBuilder.
  • Correction of error while deleting a card in the middle of a deck.
  • Correction of lists icons' border to display correctly with dark background color theme.

A warm thank you to Kelly Halabura for the donation !

Many thanks, again, to FredHot for the scans !

The last image pack is updated and next Asylum packs will be added as soon as I can get scans…

Have fun !

Nyarla

Hello cultists,

It's been a long time since the last update, so there was a lot of work to release a new version.

So, the new version 2.0.2 of the DeckBuilder is now available !

• Added all cards of the Asylum : Words of Power , Ebla Restored , Lost Rites , The Unspeakable Pages and Touched by the Abyss .
  • Added all cards of the Asylum : The Mountains of Madness and Ancient Horrors , from the Forgotten Lore cycle, based on the previous Asylum packs and including only a few corrections from cards published by FFG. If you own these reedited packs and are able to produce decent scans of the cards, please contact me.
  • Added first published cards of next expansion.
  • Application of all errata, clarifications, restrictions and bans of the LCG FAQ v2.1 and v2.2 .
  • Complete refactoring of the card pictures management:
    * The individual Jpeg pictures stored in separate folders are no longer used. You can completely delete these files and the corresponding folders.
    * The new pictures are smaller to follow FFG's rules for fair use of their copyrighted material in terms of picture definition.
    * The pictures are grouped in three optional compact files, easier to install and update.
  • Added a zoom function on the card picture screen. You can use the zoom buttons located in the screen title bar or click once in the picture and use the mouse wheel to zoom or unzoom the picture. The zoom level is kept when you exit the DeckBuilder. Beware: zooming the picture slows down the picture display and the navigation in cards lists.

A warm thank you to The_Big_Show for the donation !

Many thanks, again, to FredhoT for the scans !

Resizing the card pictures required a complete processing of all the LCG cards, starting from the original scans, which represent a big work.
The first two pictures packs are definitive and will not be updated in the future. The third, and last one, will receive new cards in future versions.

Have fun !

Nyarla

website seams to be down… … .