Deck Builder freeware for CoC CCG/LCG (2.0.4 of 26-May-2013)

By Nyarlazorbec, in CoC General Discussion

Smart software! New zip unzipped like a charm. Replacing older cards and older program always is impressive. Always exact, like the added subtypes artist and undead. And I think the look is formatted cleaner too. Thanks Eric as always. Now we are truly up to date with the game. Until it hits the deck builder, it's almost as if it is not yet officially released.

Thank you, all of you happy.gif

I put a lot of work on cleaning all the things up, as you have noticed gui%C3%B1o.gif

As the sets selection menu is becoming a little crowded, I will probably change it for something easier to use in a future release. See you at that time...

Cheers,

Nyarla

Any plans to make a deck builder working with a browser like it exists for Game of Thrones? http://tzumainn.com/agot/decks/

Nice work Mr Zorbec. If you don't mind, I have a request next time you're tinkering with the software. Under the "Set" button, could you put a couple of options for "black border only" and "white border only", perhaps where you can select cards with errata? [/cheeky]

White border / black border would be a good toggle. But, if you wanted to select all AP, and toggle to white or black, you'd still have to click on the four black border AP. Still not totally streamline. Perhaps an AP button as well.

Thank you for the suggestions, guys happy.gif

I'll keep them in mind for the Sets selection redesign.

Btw, no time for an AgoT version of the DeckBuilder, sorry ;)

Nyarla

no prob, as long as you keep feeding us with goodies we'll be nice and avoid summoning something tentacled and muddy to keep you company during the fullmoon nights

kidding of course my dear nyarly....or not ???!!! gran_risa.gif

Hello Cultists !

Here is a new version of the Deck Builder.

This is quite a big update in terms of functionalities. That is why it jumps straight to the 1.5.0 version and here are the new and improved features:

• Added all cards of the Asylum : The Terror of the Tides .
  • Added first published cards of the Asylum : The Thing From the Shore and Twilight Horror.
  • Complete redesign of the sets selection and card exclusions . A new selection screen with quick-selection by blocks is now available to apply these filters.
  • Added a Collection Manager embedded into the software . Using it, you can manage your collection and trade lists.
  • The Deck Builder now starts directly on the last page selected during the previous session ('General Infos' or 'Deck').
  • Adaptation of filters to the new cards.
  • Added card list for the newly completed asylum pack (in the 'All Cards' folder).

Following are some details about the two big new features introduced into this version.
These features appear first on the main screen as you can see in this picture:
cocdoc1.jpg

[1] This button activates the new sets and exclusion filters screen which replaces the previous cumbersome menus. This screen appears like this:

cocdoc2.jpg

You can select or unselect the sets individualy with the checkboxes or, using the blue '+' and '-' buttons, by blocs, Asylum packs sets, CCG/LCG sets or the complete list, as you wish.
The modifications are directly applied to the stories and deck lists. So, if you have enough desktop place, you can leave this screen floating around and play with the software as you do with the Advanced Filters screen.

[2] This button brings you to the major new feature of this release: the Collection Manager. This new feature allow you to quickly and easily maintain a list of your card collection and manage your trading list. Following is a description of this screen:
cocdoc3.jpg

• (1) The Collection.txt file is still used to contain your collection informations. This file is regenerated each time you exit the Collection Manager and, as there is no way to cancel input errors, I put here the capability to create complete backups of your collection file at need. Just click this button and input the name for the backup file...et voilà !
    If you want to make the Deck Builder use a backup file, exit the Deck Builder, copy or rename the backup file as 'Collection.txt', then run the Deck Builder again.
  • (2) Click this button to generate a trading list into the clipboard. The list will contain the cards you offer and the ones you want in a clear way, just with one click. Then, paste the text in any text editor or forum posting box to see the list.
  • (3) The card list is automatically (and only) filtered according to the sets and exclusion filters defined in the main screen. If you need to reduce your list or find a specific card, I duplicated the most useful filters in this part. Note that the quantity filter only applies to the 'Owned' column.
  • (4) This is the number of cards you own. The green/red bar is here only to find quickly which cards are in low number. The actual card quantity you can set is not limited to 4. You can set the value either by clicking the blue '+' and '-' buttons, either by typing on '0' to '9' on your keyboard. Note that the keyboard input is limited to one number, if you need 10+ cards, use the blue buttons. The keyboard can only be used to input the 'Owned' quantity.
  • (5) Clicking precisely on the arrow will copy the 'Owned' quantity to the 'Target' quantity (see below).
  • (6) Target quantity. This is the quantity of cards you wish to own, or keep. Based on the difference between this value and the 'Owned' value, the trade lists are easily generated. You can only use the blue buttons (or the copy button) to set this value.
  • (7) Calculated quantity of cards you offer for a trade.
  • (8) Calculated quantity of cards you want for a trade.

You are still able to manually edit the Collection.txt file (or generate it using the Excel example file). But keep in mind that, as it is completely rewritten when you exit the Collection Manager, all data which is not of the original and correct format will be lost.
Frankly, you should not need that anymore... gui%C3%B1o.gif

I have some ideas left to improve and, possibly, extend the capabilities of the Collection Manager, but I'll keep this for a later implementation (I have LOTS of other things to deal with, now gran_risa.gif ).

Well, that's all for now.

The Terror of the Tides pictures pack will be available later. I'll announce it as soon as it is posted .

Have good fun !

Nyarla

You are a star! Thanks for the update!

Version 1.5.0 of the Deckbuilder is great! The Card Sets are organized exceptionally well - per set, per block, per AP, per era. You can toggle it open or closed. The subtype drop down is more stable. I don't use the collector part, myself. Still love the addition of the illustrator advanced option. Always floored by your work and determination and persistence, Eric. What if the subtype drop down could be zeroed without scroll up before letter A, like a big blue minus. Or perhaps being able to clear the advanced filters with a big blue minus. All hail the new era. Farewell versions 1.4. You served us well. Welcome 1.5.

wow nice work, thanks.

Thank you for the kind words happy.gif

@Johnny : Actually, there is a Reset button on the top-right corner of the Advanced Filters box, if this is what you are looking for. You may also select the combobox and type the 'home' key of your keyboard to put the selection on the first item.

Cheers,

Nyarla

Once again, thanks for amazing work Nyarla!

I would not even think of putting a deck together without using your programme.

This looks really excellent!

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication! happy.gif

Nyarly, thanks for the explanation of the reset and home button. I drag the advanced filter box half off screen right because my screen is so small. I thus missed the reset button (which has been there all along). The home button is a nice trick. Note, you still need to be in the highlighted field within each filter tab.

The new deckbuilder doesn't work on my pc.

I downloaded the file and then I tried to install it, and then I tried even to uninstall and reinstall the complete program, but it's still not working.

I can see only 5 cards, and if I click on "card set and exclusions" no winodw appear.

I'm using Windows Vista.

Anyway, thanks for this awesome instrument :)

Konx.

Konx said:

The new deckbuilder doesn't work on my pc.

I downloaded the file and then I tried to install it, and then I tried even to uninstall and reinstall the complete program, but it's still not working.

I can see only 5 cards, and if I click on "card set and exclusions" no winodw appear.

I'm using Windows Vista.

Anyway, thanks for this awesome instrument :)

Konx.

Hi,

Strange behaviour, to say the least...

I didn't test it yet with Vista, but:

Is Vista's UCA still active on your computer (very bad thing when you install software) ?

Was it working correctly on the same computer with a previous version ?

What do you mean by "I see only 5 cards" ? In which part of the screen ? Which cards ?

Concerning the invisible sets and exclusion screen, please try this :

- Exit from the program

- Go to the program installation folder

- Edit the "DeckBuilder.INI" file and find the section "[setFiltersForm]" (it should be near the end). Then, set the "Left" and "Top" values to 0. This should put back the screen visible, if for some reasons the values got screwed.

Do not hesitate to post if you still have problems.

Regards,

Nyarla

Konx' five images reminds me of when I had folders in folders of the images (for example an MN folder in an MN folder). Next to each inner folder, there was the first card per set, like a tag. I needed to move images out of subfolders. But now with one big image pack, hasn't that changed? Anyway, just thought that might provide a lead.

Ok, problem solved! As nyarla said, the problem was the UCA that was on. I switch it off, and now the builder works correctly!

Thank you all for the rapid answer :)

bye

Konx.

Hello cultists !

There is a new version of the Deck Builder now available happy.gif

This is a little update including :

• Added all cards of the Asylum : The Thing From the Shore .
  • Added first published card of the Asylum : In Memory of Day.
  • Adaptation of filters to the new cards.
  • Added cards and deck lists for the newly completed asylum pack.

The updated pictures pack with the last 2 AP will be online at the end of the week.

Have fun gui%C3%B1o.gif

Nyarla

Love your software! Many Thanks!

" LCG Core Set and Asylum packs (white borders) 29-03-2009 COCLCG.zip (13468 KB) Complete up to the Asylum pack : Antediluvian Dreams"

And where I find all scans from "Terror of the Tides" and "Thing form the shore" sad.gif ??

Hi,

New Asylum packs pictures are added to the LCG cards zip file on the website !

So, I've just updated the COCLCG.zip file. It now includes these two packs completed and the few published cards of the next ones.

If you do not see the update on the download page, press F5 to refresh your browser cache gui%C3%B1o.gif

Have fun !

Nyarla

Hi,

I'd like to express my special thanks to boosterdraft.nl (whoever represents it on this board) for the donation to support the development of the Deck Builder happy.gif

Cheers,

Nyarla