Deck Builder freeware for CoC CCG/LCG (2.0.4 of 26-May-2013)

By Nyarlazorbec, in CoC General Discussion

Hello cultists,

There is a new version of the DeckBuilder available now !

Here are the new things :

• Added all cards of the Asylum : Initiations of the Favored .
  • Application of all errata, clarifications, restrictions and bans of the LCG FAQ v1.4 .
  • Added first published cards of next Asylum packs and expansion.
  • Added cards and deck lists for the newly completed sets.
  • Added filter to list Restricted cards only. Restricted cards have an information icon with blue background color.
  • Adaptation of filters to the new cards.
  • Correction of information icons in the Collection Manager screen.
  • Correction of sort orders using the faction.
  • Correction of the Deck Check screen to check restricted cards.

The COCLCG2.zip image pack has been updated also...

Have fun !

Nyarla

Thanks as always!

Hello cultists,

There is a new quick release of the DeckBuilder available.

Thanks to FredhoT scans, it includes :

• Added all cards of the Asylum : Aspirations of Ascension .
  • Added cards and deck lists for the newly completed sets

Note : Some recently revealed cards of the Ancient Relics cycle are not included because we don't know their AP names yet.

Cheers,

Nyarla

Hello cultists !

The new version 1.6.8 of the DeckBuilder is now available !

This new release introduces:

• Added all cards of the Asylum : The Gleaming Spiral .
  • Redesign of the sets selection screen (a needed improvement!).
  • Adaptation of filters to the new cards.

Have fun and try not to disturb the Deep Ones if you go to the beach !

Cheers,

Nyarla

Hello cultists !

The new version 1.6.9 of the DeckBuilder is available !

This is essentially a version including the LCG FAQ 1.5 corrections and the addition of a new Lackey text export format, compatible with Sadric's plugin.

Important Warning for Lackey users: I added a subtitle to two old cards corrected in the Forgotten Lore cycle. These cards could then be hardly recognized by Sadric's Lackey plugin. They are :
[hastur] • Charles Dexter Ward , Unfortunate Fool (Kingsport Dreams F9/F29)
[neutral] • The Rope and Anchor Tavern , Seedy and Rundown (Kingsport Dreams F20/F40)

If those cards are not recognized, please edit the texte file generated with the DeckBuilder (using the Notepad, for example) and remove the subtitles manually.
In all cases, always check your deck after loading the .txt file in Lackey. There may still be other little differences between the DeckBuilder and Sadric's plugin !

Here are the details of the DeckBuilder updates :

• Added a new Lackey text export format (Sadric's plugin).
  • Application of all errata, clarifications, restrictions and bans of the LCG FAQ v1.5.
  • Correction of previous cards reedited in the Forgotten Lore cycle.
  • Correction of BBCode export for Silver Twilight icons.

Cheers !

Nyarla

Hello cultists !

The new version 1.7.0 of the DeckBuilder is now available !

Kudos to Robert for the scans ! Thanks to him, the DeckBuilder update is closer to the release of new packs.

There are no less than 2 new packs now fully referenced in the card database. The complete updates are :

• Added all cards of the Asylum : Spawn of Madness (cycle Forgotten Lore) .
  • Added all cards of the Asylum : That Which Consumes .
  • Correction of Silver Twilight icons display in Steadfast columns of cards lists.

...and the COCLG2.zip pictures pack is up-to-date.

I hope you will appreciate gui%C3%B1o.gif !

Have fun !

Cheers,

Nyarla

Cool. I am still trying to get it running properly on my mac (using Crossover) though, it doesn't seem to find the images.

They are located in Cthulhu Deck Builder/CardImages, is that correct? Not sure what the problem is. The program runs but there are no pics.

dboeren said:

Cool. I am still trying to get it running properly on my mac (using Crossover) though, it doesn't seem to find the images.

They are located in Cthulhu Deck Builder/CardImages, is that correct? Not sure what the problem is. The program runs but there are no pics.

Are all the images in subfolders? For example: Cthulhu Deck Builder/CardImages/AAB/
Most probably they are because they are zipped that way. Thats the only simple solution I can think of.

You might have done everything right but the 'card image display' within the program is toggled to 'off'.

If so, run the deckbuilder, select any card and click 'cards' on the grey options near the top (in between 'statistics' and 'notes'.)

You should then get a summary of the selected card. On the left hand side just above the resource symbol are two buttons. The top one is 'toggle card image display'. Once activated the program then displays card the pictures.

Hope this helps.

Thanks to Nomad and Darkman for their tips about the pictures display, while I'm off the board cool.gif

dboeren said:

Thank you for the interesting information about the way to run the DeckBuilder on a Mac !

Please, check the things Darkman and Nomad wrote first. Please, check also that the card images folder is correctly selected in the options screen.

Then, if it's not working, I'd like you to check one thing. Open a deck and click on the print button to get the print preview screen. Does this printout shows the Graphical header of the game or not ? If not, that means that the Jpeg file reading fails with Crossover. If it is displayed, it means that something is wrong in your pictures setup.

Let me know if you still have trouble !

Cheers,

Nyarla

Thanks for the suggestions thus far. Here's where I'm at...

I open the "Cards" button on the menu and I get a card window. If I toggle the card image button on, it pops up with an empty window titled "Card Image" or something, the title is cut short, but it's just a title bar with a zero pixel tall window. I do see all the stats successfully, just not the card image. Here's the odd thing

If I click on "Options" and select the "Image Library" tab, it shows a path of C:Program FilesCthulhu Deck BuilderCardImages

This appears to be correct. If I click the yellow folder button to the right, I can see that this directory exists and I can select it if I wish (but nothing changes). If I select another directory I can see the directory name change (not that this is useful). The images are unzipped into subfolders inside of Card Images, AAD through YWD. If I click on some sample JPG files they open successfully in an image viewer, so the JPG files are not corrupted.

Print Preview does show a graphical "Call of Cthulhu" header at the top of the page, so it seems like JPG reading in general works. It seems to be something specifically to do with the CardImages directory.

If we can get this working I'd be happy to help write up instructions for other Mac users that might want to use the program. CrossOver is basically a commercialized version of the free Wine program which is a Windows emulator, but it's fairly cheap. Wine runs on all the various flavors of Linux as well. I'm using the free trial version at the moment. If you'd like me to run a special test version of the deck builder to gather more debug information I can do that too, I'll PM you my email address that you can send any test files to.

Edit: I should also note that I never see any error messages appear, just the empty window where the card image should be.

Hang on, I just found something... It seems to be something to do with the actual path being used but I'm not sure what the issue is yet.

As a test, I copied the whole CardImages directory tree to my home directory, went into Options, and selected this new location. It was mapped as "Y:CardImages" in the dialog box. But.... it works. So, I don't know what's different about this location but it's working now.

I'm going to try to find time later to mess around with it and see if I can discover the key difference between these directories, but this is an easy fix for now.

Thanks for all your advice getting it working guys!

OK, I just downloaded the new 1.7.0 version of the Call of Cthulhu Deck Builder and deleted my old version. I'm starting from scratch to provide step-by-step instructions for how to set this up to run using CrossOver on the Mac. CrossOver is a commercialized version of Wine, so theoretically you should also be able to run on Wine on any version of unix as well but I'm not covering that here.

1. Download and install CrossOver from codeweavers.com. There is a free 30 day trial version, the full version is $40. 25% off coupon codes exist but the exact code probably changes from time to time. Letting your trial expire seems to trigger them mailing you one eventually.

2. Download the application and image files from Nyarlazorbec's page

3. Double click on the install EXE file. This will launch CrossOver. In the dialog leave "Use Bottle" set to "Other Application" which is the default. Click on "Run" to execute the installer.

4. At some point in the installer it will ask you what directory to put it in. I chose to put it in my home directory and remove the spaces from the directory name to "CthulhuDeckBuilder". I would recommend this to make life easier. When the install is done, close the CrossOver Run dialog.

5. Now copy the CardImages files into your new installation directory.

6. Because we did not install to the default "Program Files" directory, we must add this application to CrossOver's start menu. Right click on the CrossOver icon and select "Run Command". You'll see the same Run dialog that you used to run the installer. Hit browse and go to the location of your newly installed program and select the DeckBuilder.EXE file. Press the "Save Command to Programs Menu" button.

7. Now it should be installed on your CrossOver start menu. To run DeckBuilder, right click the CrossOver icon and select "DeckBuilder". You're done!

To see card images, toggle the "Cards" button on on the menu bar, the on the left edge of the card window that pops up toggle the "Show Images" button on. If you do not see the image (just an empty window title), make sure your image files are installed correctly and that you're looking at an LCG card. It may help to go into "Card sets and exclusions" on the menu bar and uncheck the CCG era cards. Options->Image Library may be used to set the location of the CardImages directory. If you still have trouble, trying copying CardImages into your home directory and configuring it to look there. I had some initial trouble when I installed to "Program Files" and I wonder if the spaces in the directory names were to blame for this.

Thanks to Nyarlazorbec for providing this fine program!

Hi dboeren,

Thank you for the detailed installation procedure on the Mac.

As you guessed, the spaces in the folder names may be the problem using Crossover.

I'll keep in mind your kind offer to help figure out what is going wrong in this environment. If time permits, I'll try to make a little test program and send it to your by email for this.

Cheers,

Nyarla

No rush. I've got a workaround for now, and I'll be gone most of next week at Gencon anyway.

Hello cultists,

There is a new release of the DeckBuilder with some card updates:

• Added all cards of the Asylum : Kingsport Dreams (cycle Forgotten Lore).
  • Added all cards of the Asylum : The Shifting Sands.

Many thanks to Robert and FredHot for the scans happy.gif

Have fun !

Nyarla

Cool, thanks Nyarlazorbec!

Will snag a copy after I get off work tonight.

Hello cultists,

No rest for the weary...

The new version 1.7.2 of the DeckBuilder is now available !

• Added all cards of the Asylum : Conspiracies of Chaos (Forgotten Lore cycle).
  • Added all cards of the Asylum : Curse of the Jade Emperor .
  • Correction of the default stories in new decks and stories maximum count.
  • Correction of event date for new deck, now defaults to current day.

Many thanks , again, to Robert for the quick sending of the scans !

Have fun !

Nyarla

Hello cultists,

A quick update:

The new version 1.7.3 of the DeckBuilder is now available !

• Added all cards of the Asylum : The Breathing Jungle .
  • Application of all errata, clarifications, restrictions and bans of the LCG FAQ v2.0 .

Many thanks, again, to FredHot for the scans !

Have fun !

Nyarla

Hello cultists,

Another update of the card database and pictures packs, thanks to Robert for the scans:

The new version 1.7.4 of the DeckBuilder is now available !

• Added all cards of the Asylum : Never Night.
  • Added all cards of the Asylum : Dunwich Denizens (Forgotten Lore cycle) .

No Revelations cards yet, there's no hurry...

Have fun !

Nyarla

Just downloading this now, thanks!!

Thanks again for keeping this going.

You're welcome happy.gif

There will be some improvements of the GUI in the future...

Cheers,

Nyarla

Hello cultists,

After quite a long time, here is another update:

The new version 1.7.5 of the DeckBuilder is now available !

• Added all cards of the Asylum : Into Tartarus .

Many thanks, again, to FredHot for the scans !

Please note: the COCLCG2.zip picture pack has been splitted in two. If you already downloaded it with the previous version of the DeckBuilder, you do not need to download it again. The COCLCG3.zip picture pack contains the new pictures.

Have fun !

Nyarla