Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun’s Legion Off Topic But Very Much Star Wars Thread

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in Star Wars: Legion

Definitely liking the fact that it sounds like they're taking some cues from Star Wars X-wing and TIE Fighter with the energy management. I will admit to liking that more intensive flight sim gameplay as compared to just the flight arcade gameplay that Rogue Squadron was.

11 hours ago, Cruzer said:

I believe it's already been revealed there is a single-player campaign as well.

Set after Return of the Jedi .

i6y7cx0fa3551.png

Starhawk, Hera with General insignia.

The low price tag has me worried

I keep hearing 5v5 and 5v5ai. If that is all this game is it is going to get stale.

xkb5pww7or551.png

Hera

fs0kt6cbur551.png

B-Wing

9 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

fs0kt6cbur551.png

B-Wing

Seriously hoping this means the B-Wing and Defender could end up being alternative bombers-class fighters. I know what they've teased so far implies "you get these 4 and that's it" but come on, the B-wing's a classic and the Defender is a fan-favorite!

b9n9p21b7y551.jpg

Credit to u/lordsuspiria

Makes me wanna write/play Legion Space Hulk. Hmm....

On 6/15/2020 at 2:16 PM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Pilots wanted? More liken stairs wanted.

Double-post!

Edited by That Blasted Samophlange

Triple-Post!

Edited by That Blasted Samophlange

So many stairs needed that BLASTED sent a request thrice!

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 9:02 AM, TauntaunScout said:

Makes me wanna write/play Legion Space Hulk. Hmm....

My friends and I have done a 500 Point battle using the Space Hulk Tiles and Doors before the COVID Shutdown, Used the rule that it was an action to open the doors. Was loads of fun. Lots of Flamers and Frag Grenades. It was brutal but entertaining at the same time.

So... TIE Interceptors are faster than A-Wings? Since when?! Bog-standard TIE fighters have more firepower and "toughness" than an X-Wing?

*sigh*

4 minutes ago, SFC Snuffy said:

So... TIE Interceptors are faster than A-Wings? Since when?! Bog-standard TIE fighters have more firepower and "toughness" than an X-Wing?

*sigh*

???

Where were these stats teased? I mean, I can believe that TIEs would be tougher armored than X-wings (when not counting shields), but A-wing > Interceptors in a speed contest all day, all night.

On 6/23/2020 at 11:12 AM, Cruzer said:

???

Where were these stats teased? I mean, I can believe that TIEs would be tougher armored than X-wings (when not counting shields), but A-wing > Interceptors in a speed contest all day, all night.

In the video, the narrator talks about each of the four varieties of ship (starting right around the 2:00 mark). There are stats down at the bottom; a slider each for Firepower, Speed, and Toughness, a little blurb for each ship's weapons, and some text about each ship.

dsyqx0o9oy751.jpg

nbcy0z1ssx751.jpg

Mace Windu , Covid Lockdown, No Barbers, Day 501st

Rather than make a new Off Topic thread, figured I'd add on to this one. Anyone else see about the rumours regarding "resetting" the sequel trilogy? It is certainly interesting if true...

https://cosmicbook.news/disney-resetting-star-wars-erasing-last-jedi?fbclid=IwAR0yLAZjMRud131oNwqpKItcyON3q6L5kh9DirSEzn3Sd5iobWmXmNk8ptg

EDIT: The source is incredibly dubious, so it is highly unlikely to be true.

Edited by Caimheul1313

Please let this happen fast and give me a sequel trilogy starring Mark Hamill and whoever else is left and willing. Leave the death of Leia and Han a hinted-at mystery between the films to regain the mystique crucial to the franchise.

He can always have R2, 3PO and Chewie regardless of any other actor’s availability. If Billy Dee Williams isn’t up for it, give away his seat. Any number under 7 can be filled out the rest of the super team with young, more diverse actors.

Edited by TauntaunScout

Think that is sort of crazy that Disney would just undo three movies, a TV show, theme park rides, several books, comics, and video games.

Then you got to risk pissing off people who liked the sequels, still not pleasing the fans who hated the sequels, and confusing all the casual fans? I find it hard to belive that anybody would think this is the best option

Just based off of Star Wars history the best option would be to leave it alone. The prequels show that given enough time fans will come around................Or just make a Clone Wars 2.0 to flesh out all the ideas and fix the issues in 7, 8, and 9. Dave Filoni did it once he can do it again.

46 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Rather than make a new Off Topic thread, figured I'd add on to this one. Anyone else see about the rumours regarding "resetting" the sequel trilogy? It is certainly interesting if true...

https://cosmicbook.news/disney-resetting-star-wars-erasing-last-jedi?fbclid=IwAR0yLAZjMRud131oNwqpKItcyON3q6L5kh9DirSEzn3Sd5iobWmXmNk8ptg

I read it, though I liked 2/3rds of the sequel movies quite a lot, I think if they plan it out they have the opportunity to tell a very compelling story.

Before 9 released I suspected they'd introduce the World Between Worlds as a means of explaining Ole Papa Palps survival. When they didn't I was surprised (the canon reason for Palps return was a little lame IMHO, but it is what it is).

I was speaking to a friend about this earlier.

Because of the nature of the world between worlds they have a lot of opportunity to undo the sequel trilogy without it being heavy handed. The first few options that come to mind are using Ahsoka and maybe Ezra in conjunction with the Mando series to set up the High Republic era movies to do it. For instance, Ahsoka discovering that Palps is still alive in Mando time, goes on a journey with Sabine to find Ezra Bridger, the only living Jedi to have entered the World Between Worlds by himself and also the only one who may know how to get there. (this is the scene we see at the end of Rebels, where Ahsoka shows up and recruits Sabine. It would likely lightly touch on the time she appears in the Mando series).

From here there are so many options, maybe Ahsoka mini series into the unknown regions searching for Ezra (maybe she's the one that wounds a younger Snoke even?) They could just start the High Republic era movies and throughout the course of the 3 films we could discover that Ezra and Ahsoka changed events so that the protagonist would be in the right place and time to enter the World Between Worlds to stop Palpatine as he entered from the fall on the DS II. The end of the new trilogy could just show Rey and her family living happily together and maybe Jedi Master Ben Solo with Grand Master Luke Skywalker training a new age of students, all this seen through the portals of the World Between Worlds...

If it was well done, they could tell a very compelling story.

I think it would make a lot of sense too. None of the Jedi from the current cannon were really match for Palps. Even Ahsoka likely wouldn't be enough. Rey had to be a "force dyad" and just barely beat him backed by most of the Jedi we knew, but one of the Jedi from the peak of their civilization? Maybe? It could be as simple as Ahsoka seeing the future where the Jedi end at Rey and realizing that they need to exist, in some form or another, to maintain the balance in the galaxy.

Based on what we see from the Jedi on screen I've actually been giving a fair bit of thought as the difference between light and dark in the terms of Star Wars, and I think I've boiled down what the Jedi actually are.

The Jedi are the light and exist to serve the will of the force. They exist to live and die at exact moments to maintain the balance of life within the galaxy. They are used by the force.

The dark side, the Sith, and others, represent those who use to the force for themselves. Those who wield it and try to create their own path. They exist naturally and because they have free will are the source of unbalance. They use the force.

It could explain why the Jedi needed to be purged, by the time of Palptaine they were no longer serving the force but rather became servants of the Republic.

Just some loose thoughts though.

TLDR: If it is true, even if you liked the sequels, there's an opportunity for a good story.

Edited by Darth Sanguis

I have severe hangups with entrusting my Star Wars rumors news to a guy who calls himself "Doomcock". I'm just going to take this with everything else that's happened with the franchise in my adult years: what happens happens, what's released is released, and I will reserve judgement until I see things with my own eyes.

Regarding the Sequel Trilogy, it's not my cup of tea, but then again neither are all the Prequels. I think, by and large, my main interests in Star Wars start after the Empire rises, and largely end when the First Order appears. There are exceptions (aspects of the Clone Wars, and individuals like Poe Dameron ) but I'm a GCW fan and that likely won't change until Disney somehow catches lightning in a bottle (which I HOPE happens).