Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun’s Legion Off Topic But Very Much Star Wars Thread

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in Star Wars: Legion

To ensure the security and continuing stability of the Legion Forums, my Star Wars Off Topic threads will be reorganized into the First Imperial Advisor Mega Thread ! For a safe, and secure Forum!

aell9nvjodf41.jpg

ug2rpyktkxe41.jpg

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

One of us! One of us!

Grand Nerd Tarkin.

Field artillery may fire when ready.

So why an advisor instead of for example, a moff or admiral?

So this is how serious discussion dies to the roars of thunderous applause

2 hours ago, Bobmc said:

So why an advisor instead of for example, a moff or admiral?

Canonically as part of the Inner Circle, an Imperial Advisor outranks a Moff or Admiral, in fact it is stated the Moffs will report to an Imperial Advisor, whereas a Grand Moff reports to The Emperor.

Also the character “Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun” was created in 1980 and predates all Star Wars characters after The Empire Strikes Back , and makes appearances and is quoted in West End Games material after 1988.

He was my main adversary for characters at West End Games.

Among his credits include early support of The Emperor Palpatine the Eternal, the creation of COMPNOR and the ISB, funding the Inderdictor Class and for funneling resources for the Death Stars (I and II) while keeping it hidden from the Galaxy at large.

He’s been around long time.

Well then, carry on.

In all seriousness, that's fairly interesting, and if you had some more deep dives into the older background, I would read it even if it's questionably relevant now. For example, I am curious how the early 80s writers percieved the Jedi before George settled on 'literal space gestapo.'

bwrda5udy9g41.jpg

bcfmhgtdu0441.jpg

On 2/7/2020 at 2:10 PM, Bobmc said:

I am curious how the early 80s writers percieved the Jedi before George settled on 'literal space gestapo.'

I would think the Jedi and their teachings were always considered by George Lucas and all contemporaries as based off the ideal of the Samurai and the Bushido Code.

Since this a Legion thread, a concept that early writers always held (1977 novelization) was that the Stormtrooper Corps were a distinct and separate branch of the Military that supported both the Imperial Army and Navy while remaining independent of both. This was expanded on in West End Games Imperial Sourcebook (1988).

2 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

I would think the Jedi and their teachings were always considered by George Lucas and all contemporaries as based off the ideal of the Samurai and the Bushido Code.

The Jedi Philosophy has very little in common with the Samurai and the Bushido Code actually, but a lot to do with ancient (non-political) Shintoism.

The lives of Samurai and the "code" which is a late idealised version of it, is very much family and clan centered. The Jedi Philosophy is not.

The Samurai does not vow himself to an ideal but to individuals, his lord(s). And his lord does not vow himself to an ideal neither but to the pursuit of power and influence.

The Samurai does not care to kill, the Jedi does. Both don't fear to die, but not for the same reason : for the samurai it is a matter of doing your duty, for the Jedi it is a matter of death not being an end at all. The Samurai does not value life, hence why. Jedi do value life above all else.

And so on...

12 minutes ago, Katsutoshi said:

The Jedi Philosophy has very little in common with the Samurai and the Bushido Code actually, but a lot to do with ancient (non-political) Shintoism.

Shinto is polytheistic and revolves around the kami ("gods" or "spirits"), and the link between the kami and the natural world which is considered animistic and pantheistic, incorporating the worship of ancestors and nature spirits and a belief in sacred power in both animate and inanimate things.

I can see how LATER iterations of the Force (see The Phantom Menace , midichlorians) could be shoehorned into this description, but this is a much LATER iteration of the Force, or even the Jedi. I am stating the belief of what the Jedi were in the early days before it was codified in the Prequel Trilogy.

💜 🤣

gmnhkbx23rg41.jpg

7rc7b7spicd41.jpg

On 2/11/2020 at 5:07 PM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Bounty Hunters #1 Starwars.com Preview

brvbff1w4yi41.jpg

Star Wars: Dark Legends cover; releasing July 28th, 2020.

A spiritual companion to Myths and Fables.

On 2/12/2020 at 4:33 AM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Shinto is polytheistic and revolves around the kami ("gods" or "spirits"), and the link between the kami and the natural world which is considered animistic and pantheistic, incorporating the worship of ancestors and nature spirits and a belief in sacred power in both animate and inanimate things.

I can see how LATER iterations of the Force (see The Phantom Menace , midichlorians) could be shoehorned into this description, but this is a much LATER iteration of the Force, or even the Jedi. I am stating the belief of what the Jedi were in the early days before it was codified in the Prequel Trilogy.

Carlos Casteneda’s books of his (alleged) talks with a shaman in Mexico is the best thing to read to see Lucas’ strongest original inspiration for /influence on the force. And Yoda and Luke’s scenes together.

Edited by TauntaunScout

mcz7f2nu32k41.jpg

Just a Sand Crawler plowing into an AT-AT.

The thing I most like about that art is how much it reminds me of the McQuarrie concept work, especially the top right panel's colour palette and shading.

SPOILERS

Legion vs X - Wing

ESB Retro figures are announced as a Wal-Mart exclusive for May. Let's hope they don't drop the ball as hard as Target did. The pre-orders on Leia and Boba are already sold out but presumably they'll arrive in stores if scalpers don't steal them all. Like the ANH retro line, this will include re-issues of 6 old figures, plus a re-issue of a classic boardgame that comes bundled with a newly sculpted, retro styled, action figure.

Supposedly they'll be available to anyone who wants to carry them after a set time as a WM exclusive, though, I never saw the ANH ones appear in general retail.

Sadly, they chose to include Boba Fett, which is some real catnip for scalpers. I'd have rather had, say, Kenner's Rebel Soldier (Hoth Battle Gear).

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-Retro-Collection-Lando-Calrissian-Toy-Action-Figure/273988798

Edited by TauntaunScout
1 hour ago, TauntaunScout said:

ESB Retro figures are announced as a Wal-Mart exclusive for May. Let's hope they don't drop the ball as hard as Target did. The pre-orders on Leia and Boba are already sold out but presumably they'll arrive in stores if scalpers don't steal them all. Like the ANH retro line, this will include re-issues of 6 old figures, plus a re-issue of a classic boardgame that comes bundled with a newly sculpted, retro styled, action figure.

Supposedly they'll be available to anyone who wants to carry them after a set time as a WM exclusive, though, I never saw the ANH ones appear in general retail.

Sadly, they chose to include Boba Fett, which is some real catnip for scalpers. I'd have rather had, say, Kenner's Rebel Soldier (Hoth Battle Gear).

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-Retro-Collection-Lando-Calrissian-Toy-Action-Figure/273988798

I never bought SW figures because the GIJoe figures were always better. I remember buying a few for the capes and paunchos or vehicles when they were trying to clearance them at KBs or ToysRUs though. Look at Lando here and then look at the original line of GiJoe 3.75" figures. I think all the SW stuff I played with as a kid were garage sale purchases because buying them new was always more expensive than it was worth (money was scarce as well)

5 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

I never bought SW figures because the GIJoe figures were always better.

Well my parents were early Star Wars fans. So I think they leaned heavily on us to play with those instead. Plus the rubberband broke in the first GI Joe in our house which left us bitter.