Star Wars: Dark Times - Bounty Hunting Doesn't Pay OOC

By Sincereagape, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

IC Posted. @Bellona for skill checks post OOC and i'll respond IC or OOC feel free to put in suggestions for advantages like mr tince did with the vent shafts.

Combat checks are different. Post IC for combat checks. I'll be giving you stats for the rivals and minions. Only the Nemesis characters will have their stats hidden - for now. I will point out nemesis characters in spoiler tags IC along with rolls to hit them. in this story, the nemesis' characters will be obvious.

Edited by Sincereagape

@everyone

All strain and wound recovers from mos shutta

Edited by Sincereagape
6 hours ago, MrTInce said:

How are we at stealth?

Kurokage's stealth is YYG.

@Sincereagape , when and where would you like him to come in, and should I also make a Stealth roll?

So, any thought on how to effect a stealthy approach? Can the airspeeder be used to approach 11 quietly from the back, so we can somehow break through the wall?

6 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

@Sincereagape , when and where would you like him to come in, and should I also make a Stealth roll?

You’re character, like Navi can be already with the team since he was made pre-nar shadda.

Go ahead and make the stealth check to see if you can find some info or give the team more bonuses

@Bellona hmmmmm....it probably wouldn’t be able to break through the wall. It is a normal speeder without weapons. To approach from the back...I’ll make it a cool check to stay calm and composed during the situation vs one red and one purple I suggest one of characters with the highest cool makes the check. They would have to be in the speeder to make the check.

Edited by Sincereagape
One red and one purple for cool check to sneak the speeder behind the pylon.
5 minutes ago, Sincereagape said:

@Edgehawk Did you guys spend exp from mos shutta?

I spent 10xp on Bought Info, and banked 5xp for later.

Hey all,

Because of work and family obligations, I need to leave this game. I'm sorry I've been slow to respond, life's been crazy. I don't want to be slowing you down.

I've really enjoyed this game and I wish you all the best! Good hunting!

PS. Please feel free to use my character as an NPC if you wish to.

Edited by oneeyedmatt87
7 hours ago, Sincereagape said:

@MrTInce Did you guys spend exp from mos shutta?

Got a second rank of black market contacts.

Nope, I am saving it for the moment

21 hours ago, Sincereagape said:

You’re character, like Navi can be already with the team since he was made pre-nar shadda.

Go ahead and make the stealth check to see if you can find some info or give the team more bonuses

@Bellona hmmmmm....it probably wouldn’t be able to break through the wall. It is a normal speeder without weapons. To approach from the back...I’ll make it a cool check to stay calm and composed during the situation vs one red and one purple I suggest one of characters with the highest cool makes the check. They would have to be in the speeder to make the check.

I figured he'd be introduced on Nar Shadda. That made more sense to me, and why he hasn't interacted yet. Though he could be at the space port and meeting up with them.

Stealth : 1eA+2eP+2eD+1eC 1 failure, 2 advantage
a-a-a.png p-s.png p-a.png d-f.png d-th.png c-f.png

17 hours ago, oneeyedmatt87 said:

Hey all,

Because of work and family obligations, I need to leave this game. I'm sorry I've been slow to respond, life's been crazy. I don't want to be slowing you down.

I've really enjoyed this game and I wish you all the best! Good hunting!

PS. Please feel free to use my character as an NPC if you wish to.

Matt, thanks for letting us know. Best of luck. We’ll keep Corr in standby in case things calm down and you become inspired when the mandalorian and rise of Skywalker are released

@Bellona if you would like I can say a turret or some type of gun is attached to the speeder. Something along the lines of something like the royal Naboo military uses in this scene to attack the att tank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-R0qiIpR2w&app=desktop

Edited by Sincereagape

That sounds like an interesting suggestion!

On 9/13/2019 at 12:27 AM, Sincereagape said:

If @Edgehawk agrees, then I suggest that Fitz rolls that Cool check in the speeder, and Navi (or Kr'owk?) could use the speeder's little turret gun on the back wall of appartment 11. Yeah, Taquib won't be happy, but I suspect that he'll be even less happy if the cultists nab him.

@Sincereagape Do we need some sort of check to make sure that we get the right apartment? (Navi's Studious Plotting/Shortcut/Planet Mapper talents might be of assistance there.)

Also, what's the difficulty on the Gunnery check if we get that far?

Kr'owk is not bad with gunnery if you want him to make the roll.

Edited by MrTInce

@MrTInce Sounds good!

@Sincereagape Let's hear what our esteemed GM says ... :)

Hard astrogation or computer check - to find apartment 11.

One red and one black on the gunnery check.

GM warning - if a despair is rolled. It could be toasty for Taquib.

Who is going to be on the speeder? So far Fitz is already on due to the cool check.

I'll try the Astrogation check (I have YYY to throw at it).

Back in a moment (after I roll it on orakos).

Astrogation check to find flat 11 from outside : 3eP+3eD 3 successes, 3 threat, 1 Triumph
p-s-s.png p-tr.png p-s-a.png d-f-th.png d-th.png d-th-th.png

I'm really not sure how to interpret/narrate this one ... maybe passing on the Triumph to prevent Taquib from being injured when the Gunnery check is made, but the cultists breach his door at the same time?

Edited by Bellona
Dice roll. Then spelling. And more spelling.
1 hour ago, Bellona said:

I'll try the Astrogation check (I have YYY to throw at it).

Back in a moment (after I roll it on orakos).

Astrogation check to find flat 11 from outside : 3eP+3eD 3 successes, 3 threat, 1 Triumph
p-s-s.png p-tr.png p-s-a.png d-f-th.png d-th.png d-th-th.png

I'm really not sure how to interpret/narrate this one ... maybe passing on the Triumph to prevent Taqiib from being injured when the Gunnery check is made, but the cultists breach his door at the same time?

Breakdown:

1.) Taquib gets a sense of what you guys are about to do and stands back from the wall. Gunnery check is downgraded to two purples instead of one red and one purp.

2.) the gun on the speeder has stats damage 3 crit 3 and slow firing. Vehicle scale.

I believe Silouette 2 for a speeder

3.) the acolytes outside actually spot you because of the disadvantages and are moving from point 2 to 10 on the map. They are currently at long range.

4.) I’m going to flip a destiny point to have the acolytes inside start heading to towards apartment 11.

5.) everyone roll vigilance initiative.

Edited by Sincereagape
Added Silouette 2 for speeder

Navi's Initiative:

Vigilance initiative : 2eA 1 success, 2 advantage
a-s.png a-a-a.png

Just to confirm for the sake of my own mental map ...

Airspeeder: Fitz, Kr'owk, and Navi (at a minimum, it could be that the others are there too).

Positions unknown: Wes, Ryuto.

Participation unknown: Hira, Corr.

Initiative : 2eA+1eP 2 successes
a--.png a-s.png p-s.png

Shooting with the speeder gun:

3 success 1 threat for a total of 6 damage.

http://orokos.com/roll/756386