Star Wars: Dark Times - Bounty Hunting Doesn't Pay OOC

By Sincereagape, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

1 hour ago, Sincereagape said:

Sorry buddy. Worthy attempt. 😔 . Nothing bad happens because of the threat other than the roll fails.

Edit: retcon that. The threat provoked him to ignite the lightsaber and give him a free maneuver.

What color is it?

@Bellona

1. They are indeed Maul's acolytes.

2. You cannot see the acolytes. It will take 1 maneuver in the Speeder to get there along with an average Pilot Planetary Check.

@Tramp Graphics - the color of the LS is green.

7 hours ago, Sincereagape said:

@Bellona

1. They are indeed Maul's acolytes.

2. You cannot see the acolytes. It will take 1 maneuver in the Speeder to get there along with an average Pilot Planetary Check.

@Tramp Graphics - the color of the LS is green.

Thanks, then I definitely don't want to hurt this guy.

@Rabobankrider @MrTInce @Sincereagape

Any chance of getting Kr'owk to drive the speeder into the parking lot (as per Navi's request IC), so that Navi can acquire a valid target for the Light Blaster Cannon?

(As soon as she sees the Sith acolytes, they will become her targets of choice.)

ETA

In retrospect, we should have arranged the party's slots so that Kr'owk and Navi were one right after the other - that way we can move the speeder as needed, and either shoot before or after it moves.

Edited by Bellona

Judging by the ic post Hihkhic would definitely appreciate a hand when the others arrive.

Kr'owk will happily move around to the parking lot. Should I make a piloting check?

35 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Kr'owk will happily move around to the parking lot. Should I make a piloting check?

Yes! Average check.

Made the roll:

Piloting check : 2eP+2eA+2eD 3 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png p-a-a.png a-s-a.png a-s.png d-th-th.png d-th.png

Will pass one boost to next player.

I guess that that would be Navi, shooting the Sith acolytes?

If she fires the LBC at an acolyte, would that be 2 Difficulty? Any Setbacks, etc.?

Edited by Bellona
2 hours ago, Bellona said:

I guess that that would be Navi, shooting the Sith acolytes?

If she fires the LBC at an acolyte, would that be 2 Difficulty? Any Setbacks, etc.?

Average diff with one setback (def)One acolyte a is already wounded. B has no hits.

2 hours ago, Sincereagape said:

Average diff with one setback (def)One acolyte a is already wounded. B has no hits.

Okay, here goes nothing/something ...

Manoeuvre: Aim for +1 Boost

Action: Fire the Light Blaster Cannon at the unwounded Sith acolyte, with +2 Boosts (Aim, Kr'owk's Advantage) ...

Light Blaster Cannon/Gunnery check w. Aim Boost, Kr'owk Boost : 4eA+1eB+2eD+1eS 1 failure, 2 advantage
a-a.png a-s.png a--.png a--.png b-a-a.png d-f-th.png d--.png s-f.png

Oops, I forgot that extra Boost from Kr'owk.

Forgot to add +1 Boost from Kr'owk : 1eB 1 success, 1 advantage
b-s-a.png

Final result: 0 Successes, 3 Advantages :(

@Sincereagape : with your permission, I'd also like to use "Table 3-3: Spending Advantages ... in Urban Combat" (p. 89) from the AoR supplemental Soldier sourcebook, Forged in Battle. This would allow me to spend the 3 Advantages to Stagger the unwounded Sith acolyte for 1 round (denying him his next action). Narratively, the cause would be the shock/noise of the near miss and the shot dislodging a large amount of rubble from the support pillar onto the target.

I'll do an IC post when I know whether or not I may spend the 3 Advantages in that way or not.

9 hours ago, Bellona said:

Okay, here goes nothing/something ...

Manoeuvre: Aim for +1 Boost

Action: Fire the Light Blaster Cannon at the unwounded Sith acolyte, with +2 Boosts (Aim, Kr'owk's Advantage) ...

Light Blaster Cannon/Gunnery check w. Aim Boost, Kr'owk Boost : 4eA+1eB+2eD+1eS 1 failure, 2 advantage
a-a.png a-s.png a--.png a--.png b-a-a.png d-f-th.png d--.png s-f.png

Oops, I forgot that extra Boost from Kr'owk.

Forgot to add +1 Boost from Kr'owk : 1eB 1 success, 1 advantage
b-s-a.png

Final result: 0 Successes, 3 Advantages :(

@Sincereagape : with your permission, I'd also like to use "Table 3-3: Spending Advantages ... in Urban Combat" (p. 89) from the AoR supplemental Soldier sourcebook, Forged in Battle. This would allow me to spend the 3 Advantages to Stagger the unwounded Sith acolyte for 1 round (denying him his next action). Narratively, the cause would be the shock/noise of the near miss and the shot dislodging a large amount of rubble from the support pillar onto the target.

I'll do an IC post when I know whether or not I may spend the 3 Advantages in that way or not.

All of that Sounds good to me.

@Edgehawk your next. But right before you go and right after Navi fired. A group of Aqualish thugs come pouring out of the back of the ambulance. Five of them in total

1 hour ago, Sincereagape said:

... right after Navi fired. A group of Aqualish thugs come pouring out of the back of the ambulance. Five of them in total

@Sincereagape , @MrTInce

Okay, the IC is up. I took the liberty of incorporating both Kr'owk's action and the appearance of the aqualish thugs. It's @Edgehawk 's turn now.

Question for the next turn: can air speeders mow down people, or do the automatic safety protocols prevent that?*

*Yes, I'm feeling a bit blood-thirsty. :)

ETA: Is the Destiny Pool (3 LS, 7 DS) on the first page of thís thread correct? For some reason I had the impression that there were more LS points than that.

Edited by Bellona

Little under the weather today and have family in town until New Year’s Day. Will try and sort a post soon!

On 12/30/2019 at 7:39 AM, Bellona said:

@Sincereagape , @MrTInce

Okay, the IC is up. I took the liberty of incorporating both Kr'owk's action and the appearance of the aqualish thugs. It's @Edgehawk 's turn now.

Question for the next turn: can air speeders mow down people, or do the automatic safety protocols prevent that?*

*Yes, I'm feeling a bit blood-thirsty. :)

ETA: Is the Destiny Pool (3 LS, 7 DS) on the first page of thís thread correct? For some reason I had the impression that there were more LS points than that.

Awesome! Thanks @Bellona

Answers:

1. You can use speeders to mow down people. I'm not sure if there are official rules. But I was thinking about making base damage for the attacks the speed of silhouette of the vehicle on a personal scale. The air speeder is currently at speed 0 and silouhette of 2. The base damage is 10, and the damage increases by 5 each subsquent increase of level in speed.

So....The car does damage of 10, speed 1, the damage can be up to 15 based off silouhette (2 or speed 2) , and at speed 3, it can do base damage of 20.

How does that sound? Planetary Pilot is used for the roll vs diff starship scale diff. each success increases damage by 1. Crit is 3.

2. I'm not 100% sure of current LS/DS points. I know the group used DP during the investigative section of the adventure, and I've been limiting by DS point use. I reset everything to 5-5 just to be fair because I honestly don't know.

Cheers! I'm still under the weather, 102 degree fever yesterday. So, I'll try and get a IC post up when I feel better

Happy new year guys!

Edited by Sincereagape
8 hours ago, Sincereagape said:

Cheers! I'm still under the weather, 102 degree fever yesterday. So, I'll try and get a IC post up when I feel better

Happy new year guys!

I wish you both a speedy recovery and a happy New Year!

... Actually, the wishes for a happy New Year also go out to everyone else. :)

I'll try and get Hihk's turn sorted tomorrow. :)

Current Encounter: Initiative Order and NPC Stats.

Initiative Order -

1. Tobar Ka-Teen (Ithorian, Nemesis): Soak 6, Def1/1, WT -/-, SS -/-, Adversary 3 (5S, 1A)

2. Acolyte A (Gand, Rival): Soak 4, Def 1/1, WT 14/13 (3S, 2A) - Engaged with Hihkhic

3. Acolyte B (Gand, Rival): Soak 4, Def 1/1, WT 0/13 (3S, 2A) - Engaged with Kuro and Tobar Ka-Teen

4. @Rabobankrider (3S, 1A) - Short Range of Acolyte A&B. Medium range of Aqualish Thugs, Engaged with Acolyte A

5. @MrTInce (2S, 3A) - Parking Lot.

6. @Tramp Graphics (2S, 2A) - DISORIENTED 1 - Short range of Tobar Ka-Teen

7. SV (??,??): Soak 5, WT -/-, SS 1/-, Adversary 1 (1S, 3A)

8. @Bellona (1S, 2A) - Parking Lot

9. Aqualish Thugs (Minions): Soak 3, 6/6/6/6/6 (1S, 1A)

10. @Edgehawk (0S, 3A) - DISORIENTED 1 - Short range of Aqualish Thugs, Medium range of Acolyte A+B

@MrTInce Followed by @Tramp Graphics

Edited by Sincereagape

@MrTInce

How about Kr'owk running down the rest of the aqualish thugs with the speeder, then backing up or something so that Navi can shoot them with the LBC?

Kr'owk would happily run down some thugs. Just make sure to hold on :D

Edited by MrTInce
5 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Kr'owk would happily run down some thugs. Just make sure to hold on :D

Great! :)

Sincereagape listed the necessary stats above, and I think that Kr'owk is up now in the initiative order.

8 hours ago, Bellona said:

Great! :)

Sincereagape listed the necessary stats above, and I think that Kr'owk is up now in the initiative order.

That's for standard combat, would this be the same for running somefolks down?

1 hour ago, MrTInce said:

That's for standard combat, would this be the same for running somefolks down?

The following was in reply to my earlier question about using the speeder itself as a weapon, so I assume that it's meant to be used for running someone/some minions down with a speeder ...

On 1/1/2020 at 7:07 PM, Sincereagape said:

Answers:

1. You can use speeders to mow down people. I'm not sure if there are official rules. But I was thinking about making base damage for the attacks the speed of silhouette of the vehicle on a personal scale. The air speeder is currently at speed 0 and silouhette of 2. The base damage is 10, and the damage increases by 5 each subsquent increase of level in speed.

So....The car does damage of 10, speed 1, the damage can be up to 15 based off silouhette (2 or speed 2) , and at speed 3, it can do base damage of 20.

How does that sound? Planetary Pilot is used for the roll vs diff starship scale diff. each success increases damage by 1. Crit is 3.

... Although I'm not entirely sure what the suggested difficulty is meant to be. (I'm relatively new to the system, and have yet to do a deep dive into the vehicle rules.)

@MrTInce Sorry. I did not get back to you last night. I had a large headache.

Going to make it an average check with 1 setback (Armor). Silhouette 1 of Thugs vs Silhouette 2 of the Speeder. The speeder is currently at speed 0.

Base damage is 15 because Silhouette of speeder is 2.

Hope this helps and make sense. If you are able to increase speed up to 3 then damage is 20.

Success adds 1 damage to the attack. Good luck!