Star Wars: Dark Times - Bounty Hunting Doesn't Pay OOC

By Sincereagape, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

1 hour ago, LaGouache said:

Can I run after the one escaping or is he too far away ?

Kr'owk can try and pop him with the turret. Also can I keep this speeder?

@LaGouache and @MrTInce The acolyte trying to get away is at extreme/long range. It will take a maneuver to accelerate the speeder towards Pylon 2 and then an action to fire the turret. There will be a setback dice to all of this due to the Acolyte still being on the speeder with you guys. The speeder is in your party inventory.

Ok, as a maneuver I switch to lightsaber and suffer 2 strains to get to the acolyte.

Lightsaber on Acolyte : 2eP+3eA+2eD 1 success, 2 advantage
p--.png p-a-a.png a-s.png a-a.png a-s.png d-th.png d-f.png

I use the advantages to crit.

Technical question: is this the first time that the group has seen Wes Proga (or anyone else in the group) use a lightsabre?

2 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Technical question: is this the first time that the group has seen Wes Proga (or anyone else in the group) use a lightsabre?

Yes it is. First time Wes is whipping out the LS. . @LaGouache hope I didn’t pressure you into whipping out the LS. I got caught in the moment. Roll the crit! Major damage on one of the acolytes. Well go with it. Unless you want to mulligan it

Important OOC post to come once this combat is finished.

Attack on K'rowk : 2eP+1eA+2eD+1eS 0 successes
p--.png p-a-a.png a-s.png d-f-th.png d--.png s-th.png

acolyte on hood missed their attack on Krowk. You guys are getting the rolls!

Crit : 1d100 69

Top of the round...

@Tramp Graphics

then @MrTInce followed by @Edgehawk then @Bellona

three acolytes left. One at the door of pylon 2 hanger. One still fighting Wes and Tramp. Another still on the hood of the speeder.

I thought that Wes Proga was on the airspeeder?

55 minutes ago, Bellona said:

I thought that Wes Proga was on the airspeeder?

He was. But we’ll just go with it. There was a lot of posts for Lagouche to keep track of in a few days. 😀

On 9/22/2019 at 10:03 AM, Sincereagape said:

Top of the round...

@Tramp Graphics

then @MrTInce followed by @Edgehawk then @Bellona

three acolytes left. One at the door of pylon 2 hanger. One still fighting Wes and Tramp. Another still on the hood of the speeder.

Striking with only one swords, keeping the other for Defense.

Lightsaber (ancient Sword) : 2eA+1eP+2eB+2eD+1eS 2 successes, 4 advantage
a-a-a.png a-s-a.png p-s-s.png b-a-a.png b--.png d--.png d-f-th.png s--.png

That's Seven points of damage with a Crit. I'll Crit with three Advantages ( Non-lethal Easy crit using Precision Strike ). I want to take him down, but not kill him. I'll use the last Advantage to recover one Strain. My Push Aside talent also sends him out to short range (your choice of direction).

Edited by Tramp Graphics

What's the range of the remaining acolytes?

1 hour ago, MrTInce said:

What's the range of the remaining acolytes?

1. Acolyte on hood - Engaged.

2. Acolyte by Pylon 2, heading into the hanger. Long/Extreme. You are able to use the laser Cannon if you spend a maneuver driving the speeder towards the pylon. Then it is an average check with the turret. Silouette 2 for the speeder vs silohuette 1 for the acolytes.

@Tramp Graphics You push the acolyte away from Pylon 2. They are at 12/12 for wounds. For dramatic effect (They are rivals), I will say you downed them with the attack.

Edited by Sincereagape
Changed Acolyte Tramp attacked from 12/12 wounds being up to being downed, knocked out.

Well the guy on the hood just took a shot at me so that has annoyed Kr'owk more.

Will take out his blaster for first man, aim for two strain and shoot the guy.

Shooting the acolyte : 3eA+1eP+1eB+2eD 2 successes, 4 advantage
a-s-a.png a-a.png a-a-a.png p-s.png b-a-a.png d-th-th.png d--.png

Ten damage coming his way and I will crit with three advantages and recover strain with the remaining.

Crit! : 2d10 4 22 which is off balance, setback to next roll.

Latest IC post is up.

@Tramp Graphics - The acolyte you downed has been knocked out. It turns out the acolyte is a female Tw'ilek.

@Edgehawk is next

Followed by @Bellona

They Bothan Acolyte by Pylon 2 hanger entrance

@LaGouache after that.

Then the Gran acolyte on the hood of the speeder.

-Taquib will take cover this round and attempt to loot.

-Those on the speeder - Average check to hit the acolyte on the hood with either melee weapons, or ranged light blasters. Either Fitz or Navi can take control of the turret and attempt to shoot the Bothan Acolyte. Average gunnery check I believe because of silhouette differences.

19 hours ago, Sincereagape said:

@Edgehawk is next

Avg.Dragoon@Acolyte w/2 Aim+ Destiny flip : 2eA+1eP+3eB+2eD 1 success, 4 advantage, 1 Triumph
a-a.png a-a-a.png p-tr.png b-s.png b-a-a.png b-s-a.png d-f-f.png d-th-th.png (Fitzy is on fire! I would like to use the Triumph to knock the Acolyte from the speeder, and the 4 Advantage to prevent him from saving himself this time).

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

Avg.Dragoon@Acolyte w/2 Aim+ Destiny flip : 2eA+1eP+3eB+2eD 1 success, 4 advantage, 1 Triumph
a-a.png a-a-a.png p-tr.png b-s.png b-a-a.png b-s-a.png d-f-f.png d-th-th.png (Fitzy is on fire! I would like to use the Triumph to knock the Acolyte from the speeder, and the 4 Advantage to prevent him from saving himself this time).

He’s definitely down! Feel free to narrate in IC. One more. @Bellona avg check with gunnery vs last acolyte

or you can pilot the speeder closer to pylon 2. I’ll give the speeder a copilot function. Or do something else you imagination can whip up

I wrote up a fun IC post this week. Can’t wait to post it up after this combat ends 😈

Edited by Sincereagape

My dice ... are not so much on fire. :)

Navi shoots at acolyte 3-B (the one standing on the hood) ... oops, that one's already down (literally). Well, her Gunnery check is the same as her Ranged - Light check, so I'll use the mis-labelled Orakos roll for the Gunnery check (I was lazy with the copy/paste and then too fast in hitting the "roll" button).

Navi drops the blaster at Taquib's feet (incidental), uses a manoeuvre to grab the light cannon's controls, and shoots at the remaining acolyte (the one heading for the hangar) ... while having a meta-game thought: I'm glad that I dropped the Morality responsibility in favour of Obligation ... Using a cannon to shoot an unarmed person in the back who's retreating - even if it's a Darksider who's probably doing bad things - would not look good on my karmic resumé!

Shooting Taquib's heavy blaster (w. DP) at Acolyte 3 B Gunnery shot (w. Destiny Point) at remaining acolyte plus Flow power : 1eP+3eA+2eD+1eF 2 successes, 1 Dark Side
p-a-a.png a--.png a-s.png a-s.png d-th.png d-th.png f-ds.png

So, it's my first time using the Gunnery skill ... what do 2 successes give Navi with that light blaster cannon? 2 successes = 2+1 = 3 damage (planetary), which is 30 personal scale damage?

Anyway, Navi used a LS Destiny Point. She chose not to use the DS pip for the Flow power.

Making IC post now ...

Edited by Bellona
Spelling.

Another one of those technical questions ...

@LaGouache It's only been 5 years since the fall of the Jedi (the Bounty Hunting campaign's start date is 15 BBY/Before the Battle of Yavin), so how old is Wes Proga?

@Sincereagape I hope that I haven't overstepped with Navi's mental reaction to hearing Fitz' comment. While I'm no Clone Wars expert, I thought it reasonable that Navi would have heard of Maul during the Clone Wars. As a padawan aged 17 to 20 during that period, she probably read the military/political dispatches sent to her master (at his urging). At the very least, news of his actions on Mandalore would have reached other Jedi besides the Kenobi-Skywalker-Tano team.

Edited by Bellona

@Bellona -and I posted at the same time. wanted to make sure she saw the latest OOC post.

Edited by Sincereagape
Posted at the same time as Bellonna, reposted below. To ensure she sees it.

Re that latest IC post by our GM ... my first thought was: we are are SO dead!

On the other hand, vehicle-mounted weaponry against acolytes is ... not fair?

:D

More seriously ... great stuff, and I'm looking forward to whatever develops.

Edited by Bellona
Pretty sure you guys know that this session will end with the group encountering Maul.
Maul will have official Fantasy Flight game statistics.
Thus far, I have been generous on rolls and rulings (Favoring the players). However, be warned if you guys enter combat of Maul IT WILL BE COMPETITIVE 🙂 , and I will be doing everything in my power to achieve victory for Maul.
-Being the nerd that I am, I ran two combat simulations between Kurokage/Navi/Fitzy/Wes Proga/K'rowk vs Maul. As constructed at this moment (Using current stats and weapons). The first simulation..you guys ganked Maul and downed It in the first round. The second simulation was a toss up. Maul downed three of you and was on the verge of downing a 4th, but I rolled incredibly poorly on two consecutive attacks. The bounty hunters managed to defeat Maul..but barely.
-I took into consideration play styles - Most of the characters took strain to aim twice during each combat turn. Destiny Points were being flipped like pancakes at IHOP.
There will be a down period coming up in the game. An investigation portion of the story. It will allow you guys to role-play, upgrade items, and spend experience. I do suggest some experience being spent on a combat skill or two. Total experience from this encounter is TEN for each person.
You guys will have an opportunity to earn 10 more exp during the investigation/cool down period if there is good role-playing.
@Rabokinder will be joining the game as a Marshall/Enforcer (Perhaps subject to change).
The encounter of Maul maybe upgraded in difficulty since 2-3 of the acolytes are still alive. (They may perish beforehand).
I'm request that each player sign off on this email, understanding that the encounter with Maul maybe highly competitive and I will be shooting to TPK before continuing. I figured the main nemesis of the story should be just that...specifically one of such potency and role-play value. Heck you guys may even somehow manage to avoid the combat entirely.
Thanks in advance.

I understand and accept Maul's potential lethality.

I hear you.