Star Wars: Dark Times - Bounty Hunting Doesn't Pay OOC

By Sincereagape, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Do the swoop bikes have any computers of some kind that shows where they've been? The other skill checks are not his wheelhouse as he will be sitting at three greens for computer if someone else is better at getting access to things.

On 9/28/2019 at 5:23 PM, MrTInce said:

Kr'owk will get his droids to gather up the swords to sell on behalf of the group and doll out credits so 280 each if my maths is correct?

If Navi hangs on to one sword for the time being, I think that the result changes to 240 per person (5 active group members).

Navi is similarly limited to GGG or less. Hoping that a more gifted party member will step up to deal with the various Computer and Skulduggery checks, she tries to home in on the source of her unease.

If someone wants unskilled assistance (one Boost die), they can call her over and get her to pass a hydrospanner/whatever when needed. :)

Do we all roll the Perception check, or is only one person supposed to do it? If it's the latter case, then Navi will let somone who's better qualified do it.

7 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Do the swoop bikes have any computers of some kind that shows where they've been? The other skill checks are not his wheelhouse as he will be sitting at three greens for computer if someone else is better at getting access to things.

K'rowk can make a mechanics check to 'take apart the swoop bikes' to see if he can find clues of where they have been. Hard check with 1 setback if you do not have tools. If K'rowk has tools, then hard difficulty. With Navi helping, K'rowk can also have a boost.

@Bellona Anyone/everyone can make the perception check.

Navi is feeling really uneasy, and wants to know what's going on here. Therefore I'll flip a DP to upgrade one of her Perception dice.

Frustrated at not finding anything, she gives up for now and goes over to K'rowk to lend a hand.

Perception in Pylon 2 hangar : 1eP+1eA+2eD 0 successes
p-s-a.png a-s-s.png d-f-th.png d-f-f.png

Kr'owk always has his handy tool belt and his droids are never far away so I'll have them help me as they'll provide two boosts. One for their presence and another due to being networked. Let's flip a destiny to downgrade the check.

Checking out the speeder bikes : 1eA+2eP+2eB+2eD 4 successes, 4 advantage
a-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-s-s.png b-a-a.png b-a.png d--.png d-th.png

I'm not sure what I might find for clues but with the advantages can we find blank papers on the bikes so they don't belong to anyone and we can claim them?

Kurokage is going to tie up his prisoner and drag her into the pylon and under cover so he can interrogate her.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

@MrTInce - That is fine. Blank papers are found and you can claim them. While taking apart one of the speeders, K'rowk finds an empty vial with a few drops of green liquid still inside.

@Edgehawk Average perception check helps fitzy find a small compartment by the computer terminal. Inside the compartment is 250 credits and a serrated edge attachment for melee weapons.

The computers check nets Fitzy with access to the hanger bay doors. He also comes across holo-graphic logs left by one of the Acolytes (The Gran Acolyte that Fitzy kicked off the speeder) The messages will be posted in the IC thread.

The Hard skullduggery checks allows fitzy to open the storage door. Inside are three dead bodies covered in flies with a few maggots beginning to crawl on wounds around their necks and chest. One human male. One human female, and 1 Toydarian female body.

Edit: Fitzy suffers 2 strain at the sight of seeing the dead bodies (Disadvantages from the rolls).

@Tramp Graphics - You successfully are able to bring the acolyte in. Female T'wilek. Check IC post...but essentially she begins to stir awake.

Edited by Sincereagape
added loss of strain. added empty vial

Can any of us recognise Vug Nib (a female Toydarian who is the Ragnar Syndicate's local contact) by sight?

2 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Can any of us recognise Vug Nib (a female Toydarian who is the Ragnar Syndicate's local contact) by sight?

Sure can. The group saw images of her before landing on the smuggler's moon.

@Sincereagape Quick question about the IC post with the logs: the two-day old log mentions "the Toydarian's shop" ... should that be "the Ithorian's shop" instead?

Just now, Bellona said:

@Sincereagape Quick question about the IC post with the logs: the two-day old log mentions "the Toydarian's shop" ... should that be "the Ithorian's shop" instead?

Yep. I'll go correct now.

2 minutes ago, Sincereagape said:

Sure can. The group saw images of her before landing on the smuggler's moon.

Just to be clear: is the dead female Toydarian in the storage locker Vug Nib?

1 minute ago, Bellona said:

Just to be clear: is the dead female Toydarian in the storage locker Vug Nib?

Yep.

After taking the vehicles for his own Kr'owk is going to open the vial and take a sniff. How bad is it?

@MrTInce - It smells awful. Rancid puss type odor. Daunting Medicine or Xenology check to find origins. Or Formidable Knowledge Outer Rim.

-The t'wilek acolyte has two critical wounds on her. Will take a average medicine check to cure the scattered senses critical she suffered from Wes before she is able to respond in full sentences.

@Rabobankrider - Has completed his character and will be joining us. Character sheet has been edited into the OP of this thread. Hihkhic Zerron - Colonist Marshall/Enforcer. Please welcome him.

I apologize for the delay, I've been under the weather. Still have some malaise.

Edited by Sincereagape
Edit: Changed Medicine check to just cure the average one from Wes.
4 hours ago, Sincereagape said:

@MrTInce - It smells awful. Rancid puss type odor. Daunting Medicine or Xenology check to find origins. Or Formidable Knowledge Outer Rim.

-The t'wilek acolyte has two critical wounds on her. Will take a average medicine check to cure the scattered senses critical she suffered from Wes before she is able to respond in full sentences.

@Rabobankrider - Has completed his character and will be joining us. Character sheet has been edited into the OP of this thread. Hihkhic Zerron - Colonist Marshall/Enforcer. Please welcome him.

I apologize for the delay, I've been under the weather. Still have some malaise.

Same here, Rainy weather. 😝 I hate the rain.

Welcome to @Rabobankrider ! :)

If Navi gets a chance to identify the goop before Kr'owk pockets it (she had gone over to him earlier to see if she could lend a hand) ...

Daunting Medicine to identify goop : 1eP+2eA+4eD 1 success, 2 advantage
p-s-a.png a-s.png a-a-a.png d-th.png d-f.png d--.png d--.png

Edited by Bellona

Navi then looks over at the twi'lek, sighs, and walks over while pulling first aid kit from her belt.

Average Medicine to remove one Crit.Inj. from twi'lek acolyte : 1eP+2eA+2eD 0 successes, 1 advantage
p-s.png a-a-a.png a-a-a.png d-f-th.png d-th-th.png

No joy, although anyone's welcome to use that Advantage if they can. (If Navi didn't get the chance to identify the smelly goop with the dice roll in the post above, may she use that dice roll for the twi'lek instead?)

... We need to get a proper physician's kit on board the Zepto (if there isn't one already?). That would be a really useful group resource (it adds one Boost to the roll, and one automatic Advantage to a successful result).

Edited by Bellona
30 minutes ago, Bellona said:

If Navi gets a chance to identify the goop before Kr'owk pockets it (she had gone over to him earlier to see if she could lend a hand) ...

Daunting Medicine to identify goop : 1eP+2eA+4eD 1 success, 2 advantage
p-s-a.png a-s.png a-a-a.png d-th.png d-f.png d--.png d--.png

The goop is Bearsloth Venom. (Chronicles of the Gatekeeper). The Sathari on planet Airbooine use it on the tip of their spears. Requires injection of piercing of some type to administer. Not immediately lethal, but it greatly weakens the target (causes an auto crit). It can linger in the system for a long time, chipping away at the targets stamina.

Even after receiving Navi's medical attention, the acolyte still has slurred speech and other symptoms of a concussion.

Thanks for the welcome!

Hi everyone, I might be off the next few days. This past week thousands of people who work in my professional field (Therapy) and setting (Skilled Nursing Facilities) were laid off or had their hours greatly reduced (Went from Full time to PRN shifts). This happened due Medicare A (Center for Medicaid/Medicare Services) changing the way they reimbursement for physical, occupational, and speech therapy.

My mind has been on this a lot. Thankfully, I still have a job, but in the coming months my director of rehab cannot promise anything full time. "At this present time we are not planning to cut staff."

With a family to provide for, my focus will be on work this week and looking for a second position to supplement our income. My status as a full time worker is still intact but my hours will probably be reduced.

Thanks for understanding. I have some great ideas for the next scene and plan to submit another 'fun IC post.' Be prepared to face Maul in the near of moderate future *Evil Laugh*. Until then, feel free to game plan and decide what you guys are planning to do. Or incorporate backstory/RP between characters.