Star Wars: Dark Times - Bounty Hunting Doesn't Pay OOC

By Sincereagape, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

@Sincereagape , just to double check, that will knock them out, not kill them? If need be I'd rather do stun damage than kill them.

@Rabobankrider That will knock them out. Stun Damage.

I'm actually looking to potentially wrap up the story w/one final encounter. Sorry for the long delay. RL has been hectic. You guys will probably face Tobar Ka-Teen rather than Maul as the final nemesis. (Based off FF stats that I'm using, Tobar might actually be more difficult).

Based off the Astrogation Roles and Streetwise Roles from @Bellona and @MrTInce

Tobar Ka-Teen knows you are coming for him.

He will be leaving his mechanic shop and head for a turbolift in the refugee sector that leads down to Dead City on foot. You guys are able to intercept him and his gank allies anywhere along the route. However, he will be expecting it. You guys will have minimal time to prepare.

Possible final destinations for the ambush of Ka-Teen.

1. His mechanic shop

2. Turbo lift.

3. Streets of the Refugee Secot

4. Deadtown.

Feel free to chose as a group. If I don't hear from someone by the end of the week, I'll be rolling the " D4 of Fate" :)

Streets.

Streets of Refugee Sector or in Deadtown (if we know where in Deadtown the antidote can be found).

On 10/25/2019 at 1:16 AM, Sincereagape said:

@Bellona

To find out who put out the bounty is a daunting Streetwise check w/ 1 setback and 1 upgrade.

@Edgehawk @LaGouache @MrTInce , and @Tramp Graphics (assuming that Kurokage has been with the party for a while) and @Rabobankrider (if Hihkhic is interested in helping), possibly Halcard or Hira if they are around and good at this kind of stuff ...

Is anyone in the party able to make the above-mentioned check? It would be Streetwise vs. PPP+R+Black.

Navi would like to know the reason behind the bounty (who, why, etc.), and if it's a "righteous" one or not. (I.e., is the guy a serial killer, or just a persecuted minority member that happened to anger someone?)

52 minutes ago, Bellona said:

@Edgehawk @LaGouache @MrTInce , and @Tramp Graphics (assuming that Kurokage has been with the party for a while) and @Rabobankrider (if Hihkhic is interested in helping), possibly Halcard or Hira if they are around and good at this kind of stuff ...

Is anyone in the party able to make the above-mentioned check? It would be Streetwise vs. PPP+R+Black.

Navi would like to know the reason behind the bounty (who, why, etc.), and if it's a "righteous" one or not. (I.e., is the guy a serial killer, or just a persecuted minority member that happened to anger someone?)

Actually, I just joined the party with this last battle.

Cool, Hihk will just knock them out then.

Hihk would vote for the streets, specifically just as they walk out of the turbo-lift if at all possible.

Bounty Investigation : 2eP+2eA+1eC+3eD+1eS 3 successes, 1 threat
p-s-s.png p-s-s.png a-s.png a-s-a.png c-f.png d-th.png d-f-f.png d-th.png s--.png Hihk is happy to tag along (as long as he gets paid :p) That's my role for the bounty info. I'll edit the ic when I know more from it :)

@Rabobankrider - Imperial Bounty. High up in the food chain, "Moff or Inquiistor" level. You're not sure who based off the threat. No specific reason from you are able to ascertain for the bounty

@Everyone Else - Looks like the streets of Nar Shaddaa are the winners. Reviewing the old roles.

@MrTInce - Underworld Check to find Deadtown with 3 threats tipped off the Ithorian Bounty to you guys.

@Bellona - Shortcut roll to get to Deadtown will lead you guys to finding a shortcut, but Tobar will be getting the jump on you guys due to the 4 threat.

I'll post a diagram/map for the final encounter soon.

Edited by Sincereagape

Cool, I've updated my ic.

Ambush site

this is is what I was able to bring up via shadowrun maps. Tobar has to go through this area

I’m going to say those two large square rooms to the left of the yellow car that is parked on the street are the turbo lifts down to deadtown (right side of the map)

you guys get there before the bounty so feel feee to set positions of where you want to be paced or have your character be. You can fit the speeder with the turret anywhere on the map but it will attract attention.

Based off the threats you’re not sure where the bounty will be coming from.

Let me know now if you have any questions.

I think Hihk would be aiming to hide around the same area behind the front of the blue car opposite the turbo-lift. Seems like a good spot.

@Sincereagape

The two square things to the left of the yellow car/speeder on the right side of the map: are they turbolifts?

@Bellona yes m’aam. Those are the turbolifts.

@Rabobankrider sounds like a good place. I’m letting one of my players borrow my AoR core....the car will the you at least one black for cover maybe 2

@Sincereagape Sorry, I should have read a bit more carefully!

Another question: is it a solid wall along the left side of the turbolift lobby?

@Sincereagape

Also, do we know where in Dead Town the bearsloth venom antidote can be found?

@Bellona - There is a wall to the left of the Turbolift. It can be destroyed with a LS check, frag grenade, thermal detonator, blaster turret, missle tube, of any other high explosive.

In one of the warehouses in deadtown there is a crypt for the Sathari species. The venom can be found in that “crypt”

Edited by Sincereagape

planning to begin this encounter either Thursday or Friday night. let me know where your characters will be otherwise you'll be assigned.

thanks!

@MrTInce Does Kr'owk intend to stick with the speeder and its light blaster cannon? if "yes", then I suggest that one of us drives and the other one shoots.

Navi's only personal ranged weapon is a hold-out blaster which is only good for Short range, so she'll probably be better use to the party using her innate agility to either drive or use the cannon.

Fitz’s heavy weapon can bring the Strain. Anything he can do to prep before combat? Any security to bypass, or would Street Smarts help find the best spot for an ambush? Improved Street Smarts to learn a vital clue. Talents won’t help me, once sith gets real.

@Edgehawk Sadly, no checks can be made in order to prep for combat other than positioning on the map. Due to the disadvantages rolled. Overall, the group is lucky there already isn't a group of Ganks waiting for them.

Kr'owk will happily use the blaster cannon.

5 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Kr'owk will happily use the blaster cannon.

I'm thinking of parking the speeder at the very bottom right of the map, beside the laundrette (I think that that's what it is). That would cover both exits from the turbolift lobby which open onto the road, plus be right by the entrance to the parking garage if we need to block it or enter it ourselves.

Planning to draft the IC post over the next few days. Want to clarify

@Bellona and @MrTInce in the speeder. Lower right corner of the map parked on the street

@Rabobankrider inside the parking lot. Behind the blue car on the right side of the lot near the turbolifts

@Tramp Graphics -?

@Edgehawk - ?

I'll skulk through the alleys and rooftops.

@Tramp Graphics make a stealth check vs 4 reds and 1 setback.