Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Den Athletics Check : 2eP+1eA+4eD 4 successes, 4 threat
p-s-a.png p-s-s.png a-s-s.png d-th.png d-f.png d-th-th.png d-th-th.png , well that could be worse.

Results 2eP+1eA+2eD+1eS : 1 failure, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph [2eP=S/A, Tr] [1eA=S/A] [2eD=F/F, F/F] [1eS=-]
p-s-a.png p-tr.png a-s-a.png d-f-f.png d-f-f.png s--.png

Copy pasta: link bbcode

What can I spend that triumph on?

@Edgehawk Briar would probably just head straight to the room, would that need an athletics check, or is that only to get there faster?

7 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

well that could be worse.

Take 2 Strain, and add a Setback to your next check.

6 hours ago, btmaja said:

What can I spend that triumph on?

The check was to initiate an immediate lockdown on your authority. The incident has still been reported, and there will be a response. I'd welcome your input on the 2 Advantage, and the Triumph. If you don't have anything in mind, I'll come up with something.

5 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

@Edgehawk Briar would probably just head straight to the room, would that need an athletics check, or is that only to get there faster?

Avg Athletics to get there in 4 rounds, or at a brisk walk, Briar can arrive without a check in 5 rounds. Castar's room is not too distant, but it is not in the executive building.

Can V do both? The leadership and the athletics.

Athletics:

: 2eA+2eD 0 successes, 1 advantage
a-a.png a-s.png d--.png d-f.png

[/url]com/roll/729591]Leadership[/url]: 3eA+2eD+1eS 2 successes, 1 advantage
a-s.png a-s.png a-s-a.png d--.png d-f.png s--.png

Athletics : 2eA+2eD 0 successes
a-s-s.png a-s-a.png d-f-f.png d-f-th.png

Nope. But, that's about what I was expecting...

@Edgehawk , will do.

Maybe they can't lock it down but they're sending backup to the location and/or making sure that other base personnel are on the alert?

16 minutes ago, btmaja said:

Maybe they can't lock it down but they're sending backup to the location and/or making sure that other base personnel are on the alert?

That will work!

So wif V’s leadership, can they lock the area down? And maybe they could send some info about the area to her? For the athletics, maybe because she was talking, she can’t run?

Oddly enough, the intruder is fleeing toward your approaching task force, so the encounter is upon you.

I accounted for everyone, in brief, in the IC- but please elaborate further in your next posts, however you wish to narrate your movements and actions.

So what Den is seeing is several flights of stairs down from where Briar is? How long would it take to start heading down the stairs?

@Rabobankrider and @oneeyedmatt87 :

You both have a round to Act, before the rest of the task force encounters the infiltrator. The two of you will be able to interact this round, on your current trajectory.

@Edgehawk , as the ruse from the actual attacker has worked, Den would like to take the guys gun (assuming he will give it, he won't waste time arguing), and would try to go and arrest 'the attacker'.

1 hour ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

So what Den is seeing is several flights of stairs down from where Briar is? How long would it take to start heading down the stairs?

Down several flights of stairs, and down a long hall. Den passed a daunting check, so he's moving quite fast, and is a good bit ahead of you.

@Imperial Stormtrooper So yes, OOC, the infiltrator is about to start heading up the stairs. Briar is still a ways from the top of the stairs. You may interact with the Zeltron or the Lieutenant, who are with you. Or coordinate with the security detail, or other task force members, via comlink.

Next round, you may interact with the infiltrator in the stairwell.

I'll try and get an ic sorted tomorrow. :)

@Edgehawk , quick question, had Den met Castar before? Because the attacker knew Den's name. I'm wondering if that might be a give away if they haven't actually met yet.

49 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , quick question, had Den met Castar before? Because the attacker knew Den's name. I'm wondering if that might be a give away if they haven't actually met yet.

Seconded. I was operating under the assumption that they hadn't met, because the galaxy is a big place...

21 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

20 hours ago, oneeyedmatt87 said:

Seconded. I was operating under the assumption that they hadn't met, because the galaxy is a big place...

Castar and Den have not met.. but they are reporting to the same Squad together in the Outer Rim. They were given each other's names and a very brief description: "You will be joining Duros Weapons Sergeant Den Luks/ You will be accompanied by Sergeant Castar Arkmeda, fresh from combat driver training."

While it is entirely possible that Castar would recognize Den because of his uncommon species for a stormtrooper, and Den would at least recognize Castar's uniform as being correct for the driver... the first name usage is somewhat irregular.

@Rabobankrider You may make an Average Intelligence check to reason that something was off about your initial encounter with "Arkmeda." Give yourself a Boost, even, assuming Castar will narrate helping to work through it and deescalate the situation.

I imagine this would require a bit of back-and-forth communication, so this would be your Action.

Intellect Check : 3eA+1eB+2eD 1 failure
a-s.png a-s.png a-a.png b--.png d-f-th.png d-f-f.png Ah nuts.

@oneeyedmatt87 You may make an Average Negotiation check with a Setback, if you wish, to help better establish your bona fides with @Rabobankrider ...

But while the two of you are sorting that, the assassin has slipped through the net.

@Imperial Stormtrooper , @btmaja , @Von3679 (Speaking of doppelgängers, is that you player3333902?): You may narrate yourselves arriving on the scene, with a security detail arriving just behind you. @Imperial Stormtrooper Agent Briar vetted both sergeants for the task force, and is familiar with their records, so she can probably discern that Arkmeda is genuine.

@Edgehawk I don't mind making the roll, but if the assassin's gone/encounter is over, should we just transition back into narrative?

Edit: Figured I'd roll it. Not sure what I can do with the 3 advantages.

Edited by oneeyedmatt87