Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Den and Castar may not have a full appreciation of the Empire's status on the Wheel, but Briar and Brecor would appreciate that trying to pull rank here is probably not advisable- or at least not likely to be beneficial. The Wheel is very heavily taxed, to ensure there are no imperial entanglements.

@Edgehawk , before I forget, do the guards at this entrance look quite professional or would they look like they are more like Den with his attitude (just wondering who they'll respond best to).

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , before I forget, do the guards at this entrance look quite professional or would they look like they are more like Den with his attitude (just wondering who they'll respond best to).

The two guards at the main gate are in dress uniforms, whereas the single guard at the service entrance is garbed in standard Wheel security attire. All three guards are human, as are the majority of those passing through the main gate. The service entrance has a more diverse array of species moving through.

@Edgehawk , cool, if things go wrong Den may take a pop at it and try to play the 'one of you' card.

@Edgehawk What kind of check would offering a bribe be? I'm trying to figure out if any of the three trying to get in the service entrance are better at that sort of thing or not.

11 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

@Edgehawk What kind of check would offering a bribe be? I'm trying to figure out if any of the three trying to get in the service entrance are better at that sort of thing or not.

Really, it depends how you wish to go about it. Negotiation comes to mind, but Charm, Cool, Coercion, Deception could all work. Consequences for failure would be harsher for the last two. It has basically been established that the guards often accept bribes for entry, so make it an Easy check. To keep things interesting, I'm going to Upgrade it to a Challenge die. You guys should start flipping some destiny points back my way at some point, though.

What do you think @Rabobankrider and @oneeyedmatt87 ? Briar has ranks in deception, but I'm not sure that's the best approach. Whatever we decide though I would be in favor of flipping a lightside point to upgrade for whoever makes the check.

I'd go with negotiation, personally. But then again, Castar doesn't have a dog in this fight... he's just there to support his squad, while possibly following the lead he gathered in the machine shop.

If you're going with odds? I think Briar has the best bet with deception...

I'd personally say deception for it. If they reuse to let us in we can either head back to the ship or maybe Den can use a bit of muscle to help.

Going to need some movement, if we are to continue. Is there anything I can do?

Sorry I had almost no free time this weekend, I should be able to post something tomorrow though.

What would the difficulty of a deception check to offer a bribe be?

28 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

Sorry I had almost no free time this weekend, I should be able to post something tomorrow though.

What would the difficulty of a deception check to offer a bribe be?

No worries. Easy check, but I flipped a Destiny point to Upgrade it to a Challenge Die.

5 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Going to need some movement, if we are to continue. Is there anything I can do?

Apologies. It's been a crazy week or so. I'll get back to regular posts...

Flip a Destiny Point back to upgrade the check, and...

Bribe (Deception) : 2eP+1eA+1eC 2 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-a.png p-a.png a-s.png c--.png

Could the advantage be used to make the guard ask less questions, or to lower the price of the bribe?

Oh, and the 400 credits came from the big cred-stick Briar got, but moved to another set of credits (I assumed that's possible).

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper

The two Advantage can serve to get your two companions in without further interaction. @Imperial Stormtrooper

Edited by Edgehawk

We may be introducing a new player, who created a PC for this game in its original incarnation. I will move things forward later this week.

@Edgehawk , can i make a check to notice someone? Or something?

25 minutes ago, Von3679 said:

@Edgehawk , can i make a check to notice someone? Or something?

Average Perception with 1 Setback for the crowd.

: 2eA+1eP+2eD+1eS 1 success, 2 threat
a-s.png a-s-a.png p-s.png d-f-th.png d-th-th.png s-f.png

22 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

@Rabobankrider has reached out to me about re-spec'ing Den with a 2nd spec other than a universal one. I've decided to permit any of you to do the same, should you wish, at no cost. If you decide to keep your universal spec, or opt for an in-career spec instead, you may do so, plus gain an additional 10xp to spend. Out of career? Just replace your universal with the new spec (at no cost, but no additional XP). @Imperial Stormtrooper @oneeyedmatt87 @btmaja @Von3679 @SithArissa

@Edgehawk , would this be a coercion check?

19 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , would this be a coercion check?

Average Coercion with a Boost.

Go ahead and roll Destiny when you have the chance @SithArissa .

: 1eF 2 Light Side

f-ls-ls.png