Reach of the Empire OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

I am prepared to help Den move, like arms around shoulder style, while he can't use leg.

I still vote for the 'gurney gun' 😛

Maybe he can go "Planet Terror" leg...

10 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

I still vote for the 'gurney gun' 😛

@Edgehawk , can we have a repulsor gurney on Stormcrow medbay?

Maybe the Death Troopers who went for equipment can fetch it?

@Rabobankrider spends a DP for it xD

3 hours ago, Rimsen said:

@Edgehawk , can we have a repulsor gurney on Stormcrow medbay?

Maybe the Death Troopers who went for equipment can fetch it?

@Rabobankrider spends a DP for it xD

Done!

Sorry for not being around the last few weeks. I have time now, I'm starting to read through what I missed.

So looking through it, it looks like we found some rebels with a giant crab thing, helped them with it, after it did some damage, then the Death Trooper commander blew up all the rebels before leaving. Does that sum it up, or did I miss something?

Edited by Imperial Stormtrooper

Well, when you put it like that...

Yes. That about sums it up.

So where are we blowing up next? 😛

52 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

So where are we blowing up next? 😛

Whatever you want, just let me know. I have vehicle size weapons now.

So we're deciding what to do next it sounds like? Would at some point Briar have been able to access schematics for the underground levels?

50 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

So we're deciding what to do next it sounds like? Would at some point Briar have been able to access schematics for the underground levels?

There was an R2-unit in the operating room that the death trooper commander just blew up. It might have schematics, if any of it survived the blast.

3 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

There was an R2-unit in the operating room that the death trooper commander just blew up. It might have schematics, if any of it survived the blast.

How would one go about determining if there's anything useful left?

Good thing we have Discord.

Following a brief panic, I’ve come to the strange realization that... I’m kinda done with Star Wars- for now at least. I still think it’s unconscionable that this resource is going to just disappear, but I don’t really need it anymore.

In 1977, I was a five year old boy, and the original Star Wars trilogy played a huge role in my childhood. In 2015, I had a five year old son of my own, to experience The Force Awakens with, and revisit the other offerings of the franchise. I picked up an FFG beginner set, and started role playing with him, while he played with his action figures. This forum helped me tremendously in learning the system.

Most recently, my son has taken an interest in Dungeons & Dragons, a game I haven’t played since 2nd edition. I tried to turn him to Genesys, because I love the narrative dice, but he is too interested in the lore. He is ten now, and I have never seen him so interested in reading, as he is with these game books. Familiarizing myself with the phb and dmg, 5e surprisingly seems pretty decent.

The truth is, TLJ and RoS kind of flopped with us. Watchable, certainly, but we have not watched and rewatched them the way we have the other movies. The Disney Plus shows are something to look forward to, but I think we’re finished with childhood movies and action figures.

I suppose it will be hex grids and miniatures for us, for the foreseeable future, so it looks like I will be revisiting another franchise from my youth. I have a new set of rules to learn, so my gaming time will be better spent elsewhere.

As for these PBPs I’m running here, I do not want to just abruptly quit, but the end is in sight. We will be building to a climax in these next five weeks, and drawing to a conclusion, which should coincide (more or less) with the last days of this forum. I understand that knowing the game is ending might effect engagement, but I hope you will all stick with it to the end.

Thank you all for playing with me, and may the force be with you.

1 minute ago, Edgehawk said:

It's been fun. My engagement may already suffer from running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to salvage things and prepare for archiving/migrating other games, but I'll try to finish strong. :)

I appreciate the work you've put in, looking forward to the finale!

Though I haven't been part of your game for a long time, thank you for including me. It was a pleasure.

I'm here until the end

@Edgehawk does that mean Slugger is losing another brother?

I’ll stick in this game until the end

I've enjoyed this game, and will miss it and these forums. Thanks for running this game @Edgehawk .

Looking forward to see what happens.

On a somewhat of a tangent I love 5e, its my favorite system to run, I've gotten all of the non-setting books (except this last one).

Evon would casually lull himself that he didn't see that horror moving and heads after Briar to check the blown up room.

@Edgehawk , I'd like to have Hale make a Vigilance check to see if he both notices it moving and recognizes it as reviving itself. What would the difficulty be?

Even if you wouldn't normally request that it be rolled and are just giving us the info, I want to try and judge how Hale would react.

2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@Edgehawk , I'd like to have Hale make a Vigilance check to see if he both notices it moving and recognizes it as reviving itself. What would the difficulty be?

Even if you wouldn't normally request that it be rolled and are just giving us the info, I want to try and judge how Hale would react.

Unless Hale is actively disbelieving, like Evon, it would be an Easy check to detect movement. 2 Advantages would be enough to recognize the chitinous shell healing itself.

7 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Unless Hale is actively disbelieving, like Evon, it would be an Easy check to detect movement. 2 Advantages would be enough to recognize the chitinous shell healing itself.

Vigilance : 2eP+1eA+1eD 2 successes, 1 threat
p-s-a.png p--.png a-s.png d-th-th.png

Err... It's moving and Hale doesn't like that. I'll take a strain for the Threat.

May I repeatedly blast it until it stops moving? Any sort of initiative or just: "RAAAHHH" PEWPEWPEWPEW--PEWPEW... PEW PEW. :D

On 12/22/2020 at 10:02 PM, Edgehawk said:

Following a brief panic, I’ve come to the strange realization that... I’m kinda done with Star Wars- for now at least. I still think it’s unconscionable that this resource is going to just disappear, but I don’t really need it anymore.

In 1977, I was a five year old boy, and the original Star Wars trilogy played a huge role in my childhood. In 2015, I had a five year old son of my own, to experience The Force Awakens with, and revisit the other offerings of the franchise. I picked up an FFG beginner set, and started role playing with him, while he played with his action figures. This forum helped me tremendously in learning the system.

Most recently, my son has taken an interest in Dungeons & Dragons, a game I haven’t played since 2nd edition. I tried to turn him to Genesys, because I love the narrative dice, but he is too interested in the lore. He is ten now, and I have never seen him so interested in reading, as he is with these game books. Familiarizing myself with the phb and dmg, 5e surprisingly seems pretty decent.

The truth is, TLJ and RoS kind of flopped with us. Watchable, certainly, but we have not watched and rewatched them the way we have the other movies. The Disney Plus shows are something to look forward to, but I think we’re finished with childhood movies and action figures.

I suppose it will be hex grids and miniatures for us, for the foreseeable future, so it looks like I will be revisiting another franchise from my youth. I have a new set of rules to learn, so my gaming time will be better spent elsewhere.

As for these PBPs I’m running here, I do not want to just abruptly quit, but the end is in sight. We will be building to a climax in these next five weeks, and drawing to a conclusion, which should coincide (more or less) with the last days of this forum. I understand that knowing the game is ending might effect engagement, but I hope you will all stick with it to the end.

Cani comes in and guns everyone down with a turbolaser. The End.

I know I wasn't playing very long but its still a shame to see it end like this. Thank you @Edgehawk and the other players.

FOR THE EMPIRE.